Skip to content

NWN Explorer

2»

Comments

• virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    pscythe said:

Tried specifying the NWN folder but it complains that DIALOG.TLK is not found. Keeps going back to the Diamond Edition.

EDIT: Found a copy of Ganymed's BIF Editor that did the trick. ftp://neverwintervault.org/rolovault/projects/nwn1/other/607/

Still would like to have NWN Explorerer working tho. It is behaving very weird. When I click on the Open button and go into the EE data directory, it only shows me some of the .BIF but not all the .BIF files and the .KEY files doesn't show up at all despite the file filter being *.*. Manually typing in nwn_base.key in doesn't help either, it just says file not found.

I can't reproduce this. The .key files are visible and open just fine. If the path to NWN:EE is set in Settings, it opens game data automatically (it doesn't list user data yet, though).
    pscythe
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Yes it is very weird. Found a 1.6.3 version of NWN Explorer and that key file straight away showing the correct filenames in base_2da.bif
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    @virusman I installed the EE version of NWN Explorer from Dropbox, but it won't let me change the path to the EE folder. Under File > Options there is a box for "Look for NWN in the following directory" which allows text entry or path navigation, but the OK button doesn't work in either case. Closing the window doesn't save the path either.

How do I specify the path?

I'm trying to debug an issue with the latest development release.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Thanks to @pscythe I finally got this working.
    1. Copy nwn_base.key from the installation data folder to the root (00829 for Development) for each new release
    2. Open NWN Explorer (@virusman 's seems best, but the old 1.63 works, too).
    3. Use the Open button to open nwn_base.key
    The Open button can also be used to explore user files (e.g. modules) in the Documents folder.
    pscythedunahanCalgacus
  • Sunssarathi2029Sunssarathi2029 Member Posts: 32
    NWN explorer might not want to accept change to game path.
    I changed the path but when i clicked ok but literaly nothing happened.
    I had to edit register to make it go to right directory.
    Also where can i find compliers for nwn explorer to edit it.
  • SurazalSurazal Member Posts: 4
    @virusman
    Many thanks for all the work you have done on NWN Explorer. Do you have any plans to resolve the issues with specifying different directories in Settings? Or perhaps allow the installation to be specified via a dialogue when you click Open Neverwinter Nights?
    I could change the NWN folder somehow in Settings, but I'm not sure how.
    Fixing it doesn't seem to be trivial, I'll try again later when I have time. The source code is on Github, so any help is appreciated.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    any update on this?
  • Chokra_BroodslayerChokra_Broodslayer Member Posts: 5
    shadguy wrote: »
    @Timmercado1975 ,

By convention, asssets are being placed under My Documents because that's how Microsoft asks software to behave in order to be considered "good citizens" under their contemporary Windows.

-Dave

Which is a problem for those of us with SSDs for our C drive. That Documents folder is on the C drive and the haks are really large files. I tried to install CEP2 and it filled up my C drive, so I had to uninstall it.

I have installed everything to D drive that would let me change the install directory.

Is there some way to move the whole neverwinter nights part of the documents directory and just leave a shortcut where it used to be to link to the new location on D drive?
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    edited May 2019
    Hmm, why not move the user folders to another disk?
    Tried a Google and got that:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10
    Won't that work for NWN:EE or you?
    Post edited by dunahan on
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    You can put your hak folder on your D drive, and point nwn to it with the .ini file. Is that what you're asking?
    dunahan
    New release!
    NWN Explorer 1.8.1
    • Fixed Options dialog not closing and saving the options
    • Proper support for NWN:EE folders
    • NWN Explorer now also reads user resources from Documents\Neverwinter Nights
    • Auto-detect NWN:EE installs at known paths (Steam and Beamdog Client installs)
    https://github.com/virusman/nwnexplorer/releases/tag/1.8.1
    shadguydunahan
  • VictorixxxVictorixxx Member Posts: 20
    virusman wrote: »
    New release!
    NWN Explorer 1.8.1
    • Auto-detect NWN:EE installs at known paths (Steam and Beamdog Client installs)

This no longer works for 80.8193.9 versions of the game! :/
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    Victorixxx wrote: »
    New release!
    NWN Explorer 1.8.1

This no longer works for 80.8193.9 versions of the game! :/

There is a new version.

https://github.com/virusman/nwnexplorer/releases/tag/1.8.3
    dunahanVictorixxx
    Oops, I posted the update announcement in the wrong thread :)
    ZwerkulesVictorixxx
  • VictorixxxVictorixxx Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2020
    Oops, I posted the update announcement in the wrong thread :)

Thank you for what you are doing! You're good! :)