Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Yes, I suspect it is because the screenshot is taken when Grond0 leaves the session and a misleading figure is shown. I spotted it the previous time, came to that conclusion and then forgot about it again
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    Question Answered

Post edited by Blackbɨrd on
    Blackraven
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2020
    Awesome challenge!

I always have issues with melee sorceresses because I like also these spells
    - shield but the alternative is from amulet.
    - sleep but the alternative is from wand.
    - chill touch because it's cool.
    Generally I don't take identify (shop), larlochs minor drain (I get the innate), colorspray (only against many foes, soo many random drops give this).

I also don't do knock because the good gear for sorceresses is bought or from bodies. I like theming Ghoul touch.
    Post edited by lroumen on
    Grond0
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited April 2020
    lroumen wrote: »
    Awesome challenge!

I always have issues with melee sorceresses because I like also these spells
    - shield but the alternative is from amulet.
    - sleep but the alternative is from wand.
    - chill touch because it's cool.
    Generally I don't take identify (shop), larlochs minor drain (I get the innate), colorspray (only against many foes, soo many random drops give this).

I also don't do knock because the good gear for sorceresses is bought or from bodies. I like theming Ghoul touch.

I agree my choices are not normally RP based. I have quite often used both chill touch and ghoul touch for this challenge in the past because I agree they fit well, but they're just not as useful as other spells for a power gaming approach. I have been thinking though that the next time I do this challenge I might limit Biff to only using melee attacks and potentially not allow any damaging or disabling effects for opponents, except those inflicted in melee. Getting past the fight at the palace if I was strict about that might be near impossible, but it would make chill and ghoul touch attractive options ...

Knock and identify on the other hand are not taken for power gaming purposes. Rather, they reflect a bit of desire to count coup - through things like buying potions and fully charging wands, even though I know I'm not going to make use of 90% of the stuff purchased ;).

Shield is something I never use these days (I still buy the amulet, but can't remember the last time I used it). Early levels are gained so quickly that MSD can be used to defend against MM, if desired, as well as other things. A slight AC buff is a potential benefit, but in the context that enemies are generally either disabled or avoided it makes no real difference to me. For similar reasons I'm less keen on spirit armor than I used to be.
    lroumenStummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddess
    edited April 2020
    Minor spell deflection is quite smart. I never used it in bg1 because it was never available but I also never used it yet since it did become available. I must rethink my strategies in future :)
    Grond0
    edited April 2020
    Yep. Violet potion is really good for it. I used to drink it to kill Sarevok in vanilla or to combat the greater werewolf on baldurans islands.

You did a nice inspirational run. Well done.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 CONGRATS
    Grond0