Skip to content

Which kind of fighter is she ?

RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
I love playing character that I create based on a picture that I like.
This one is a wonderful fighter woman - but which kind of fighter ?
Plain or kit ? Berserker ? Paladin ? Fighter/thief ?
Human or half-elf ?
And which kind or armor does she wear ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
nsxm3q0qql3u.png

SkatanAerakarJuliusBorisov

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'd say human, but could be HE too since she's obviously very beautiful. Looks like chainmail under a steel curiass/breastplate with some kind of leather/iron plated shoulder guards. Could be a halfplate, but I would probably lean towards Medium armor category. It doesn't look like elven chainmail, thus I would not consider her a F/T. The armor looks to heavy for sneaking (from an RP POV I mean). She has a small shield (by BG's categories) and a short sword, which kinda feels a bit less tanky warrior-esque and more F/T though. I wouldn't say Berzerker, she looks a bit to neat for someone going berzerk. Unfortunately this kinda applies to barbarian rage too, otherwise I am leaning towards Barb. The medium armor rather than steel plate armor of the more classic paladin etc, signals barbarian. So that kinda leaves basic fighter or maybe a wizard slayer. Her breast plate has some kind of insigna, perhaps she belongs to some kind of order of wizard slayers on the hunt for rogue necromancers, hehe..

Not sure this helps at all, but there you go, some random rambling thoughts :)
    RigelGrond0AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    @Skatan Thank you very much !!!
    I have never played a wizard slayer before ....
    Skatan
    Could she be a ranger ?
    Aerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    How about a blade? The smart attire, chain mail and short sword would all seem to fit with that.
    AerakarRigel
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Her choice of weapons strikes me as maybe a dexterity based fighter, rather than a strength based. Chainmail would be a no-no for a Swashbuckler, but if that is studded leather, rather than chain, I'd go with that.
    AerakarRigel
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That's a lovely picture. :D I'd say that she's human; ears aren't pointed enough to be a half-elf. She's also wearing a breastplate, and carrying a shield, which means I'm leaning away from her being a more Dexterity-based fighter like a Swashbuckler. She's also wearing decently thick clothing on top of her armor, so based on all of that data, I'd say she's a straight Fighter with Sword/Shield proficiencies based somewhere in an alpine region.
    AerakarRigel
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Biracial in real life here. Got a brother who's white passing.

A multiracial person doesn't necessarily look like an exact halfway point between two races. We can look like either extreme, or anywhere in between. Much like how mono-racial people often take after one parent or the other in their appearance.

So my personal attitude with half elves is that anybody who looks like a human or elf could conceivably be a half elf. Though I prefer them to have pointy years myself.

Personally I'd make her a fighter/thief. Stalker fits with the equipment too technically but fighter/thief feels like more of a bruiser and I feel like she'd be a bruiser. Finesse is a part of what she does but she understands the useful application of brute force as well. Just the vibe I get off her.
    AerakarronaldoRigel
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    She can be halfling or human. As what class, anything who can fight. Paladin apprentice, vanilla fighter, ranger. With breastplate and shield, unlikely to be fighter/thief but whatever.
    Rigel
    Thanks a lot to everybody for your contribution ?
    Does she have a short sword ? Or could it be a long dagger ?
    I wonder which weapon proficiencies I should give her.
    Or start with short sword ++ sword and shield ++ and then beef up Short sword (I intend to play or as a plain fighter or as a wizard slayer)
    Or to start still with short sword ++ and an other weapon ++ like Spears or Staff or Haleberd (I would as perhaps play her as a Cavalier or still as a plain fighter).
    Perhaps the short sword is just a secundary weapon and the main is a pole weapon ?
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    That looks like a one-handed weapon grip, and it could actually be a dagger rather than a short sword. Real daggers are actually a lot bigger than most people imagine them to be, having a minimum of a foot-long blade (anything short than that is basically just a kitchen knife). If you're keen on the idea of having a short sword/shield wielding Fighter, then by all means go for it, but I just thought I'd point out that many warriors do keep a dagger as a backup weapon for close-quarters fighting and since the picture is cropped, she could have another main weapon that's out of sight. :)

@Chronicler: A fair point. :) According to the rules, even a half-elf with a distant elven ancestor still counts as being of elf-blood for the purposes of in-game spells/magic items, so you're right, there's still plenty of leeway for the lady to be a half-elf if one so chooses. I just usually tend to assume that half-elves in games have a direct human and elven parent, and so the elvish features tend to be much more pronounced in such characters.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited April 2020
    This needs some sauce, because I thought "Damn, that looks GOOOOOOD".

'Eowyn' by Magali Villeneuve.

http://www.magali-villeneuve.com/?page_id=1074 I see several other pictures I think look very good for portraiture.
    Zaxares
    An old thread, but I recently came across this picture by chance on pinterest and recognized the armor, posture and setting. The drawing must surely have been based on this scene from the movie King Arthur.

425ffd7462d3fdf3127d59fb1b02771f.jpg
    JuliusBorisovGusindawoogirlAerakar
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    Skatan wrote: »
    An old thread, but I recently came across this picture by chance on pinterest and recognized the armor, posture and setting. The drawing must surely have been based on this scene from the movie King Arthur.

425ffd7462d3fdf3127d59fb1b02771f.jpg

Lord of the Rings, actually. Eowyn being the daughter of the king of Rohan, who most people remember most for stabbing the witch-king of Angmar at the climax of the siege of Gondor along with the saying that "I am no man".
    woogirlGusindaAerakar
    Something you know or guessing?