Skip to content

Multiplayer - Unable to see my friend???

My friend and me wanted to set up a multiplayer game. However we do not seem to be able to see each other. He seems to see different games to the ones I am seeing. We are both playing on PC as I know you cant go cross platform. Does any one have any ideas?

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    @10Bazza11 One of you has to host a game, and the other has to join the same game. I hope you did that?
    10Bazza11
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    @10Bazza11 One of you has to host a game, and the other has to join the same game. I hope you did that?

Hi Rik yes we tried that but it looks like we are both in different servers. Would it make a difference if one of us is not on Steam?
    edited April 2020
    10Bazza11 wrote: »

Hi Rik yes we tried that but it looks like we are both in different servers. Would it make a difference if one of us is not on Steam?

I don't think Steam would make any difference, since the multiplayer system is independent of it. Could you please elaborate what you mean by being "on different servers"? Are you both trying to use the "Join Game" option?

EDIT: Just in case it was confusing,

9sodoi9qwuvb.png

1. One of you have to create a new game.

Once you have done that,

2. The second person will find that game's name in the list, and they have to select it and press "Join".
    10Bazza11

I don't think Steam would make any difference, since the multiplayer system is independent of it. Could you please elaborate what you mean by being "on different servers"? Are you both trying to use the "Join Game" option?

No he is seeing a completely different list of games to join to me. I would have thought we would both see the same games.
    edited April 2020

No he is seeing a completely different list of games to join to me. I would have thought we would both see the same games.

Well, that's strange. Could you mention your game name so I can check if it is actually visible or not?
    10Bazza11

Well, that's strange. Could you mention your game name so I can check if it is actually visible or not?

My session is called Bazzza1
    Rik_Kirtaniya
    edited April 2020
    @10Bazza11 Alright, I can indeed see you in the active servers list. vyq3iyjfm2rp.png

This means that if your friend cannot see it, it's a problem on their end. (Do note that I am running the Steam version without logging into Steam, so Steam is not an issue here.)

Also, since I'm able to see you, it is not an issue of IP visibility.

Do any of you have any mods running?

EDIT: Could you ask your friend to use the refresh button (as marked below) after you have created your game?

q4sirbf90nm5.png
    10Bazza11
    @10Bazza11 Alright, I can indeed see you in the active servers list. vyq3iyjfm2rp.png

This means that if your friend cannot see it, it's a problem on their end. (Do note that I am running the Steam version without logging into Steam, so Steam is not an issue here.)

Also, since I'm able to see you, it is not an issue of IP visibility.

Do any of you have any mods running?

EDIT: Could you ask your friend to use the refresh button (as marked below) after you have created your game?

q4sirbf90nm5.png

No mods running so not sure what it is. We will give it another go. Thank you for your help with this, very much appreciated.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you mean BG1, then BG:EE and BG:EE+SoD have different lists. To play MP between BG:EE and BG:EE+SoD, the player with SoD has to disable SoD in the Steam app first.

If you mean BG2, then please check the game version.
    Rik_Kirtaniya