Skip to content

[Endgame Spoilers] Skie in BG2EE?

1235»

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    Fardragon said:

Everyone over the age of 6 is aware of cliff-hangers. They like and expect them. "What will be the mid season cliffhanger of TV series X?" they ask. It's often lampshaded by having literal cliff hangers (e.g. Doctor Who). I have come across some writers who like to end every chapter of a novel with a cliffhanger.

Yes...that kind of the point. Cliffhangers tug on the emotions of most folks, which people generally like because it engages them in the story.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2016
    They are not aways emotional. Sometimes they are just a bit of fun. See Doctor Who (classic) and the 1930s cliffhanger serials.

For really annoying end of series (when it might not be renewed) cliffhangers, see Blake's Seven.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    Fardragon said:

They are not aways emotional. Sometimes they are just a bit of fun. See Doctor Who (classic) and the 1930s cliffhanger serials.

For really annoying end of series (when it might not be renewed) cliffhangers, see Blake's Seven.

Technically, both those examples are still tugging your emotions, just not in the same way as a cliffhanger that leaves you wondering "will X character die?" or "How will they save Y?" or other ending that play on sadness/anger/etc. A cliffhanger doesn't have to tug at "less happy" emotions to be tugging at one's emotions. A fun cliffhanger is generally resulting in amusement, which tends to make us happy, for instance.
  • cuchicuchi Member Posts: 4
    I know this is a old post, but i prefer revenge his death killing that hooded man and let Skie death, what a anoying character, still, she don´t deserve this.
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2020
    I really like some of the ideas thrown around in the thread about how to bring Skie back, but I'd prefer her not to be a Bhaalspawn. As cool as Calemyr and Fardragon's concepts are, what I've always appreciated about BG is how they don't throw joinable Children at you. Instead, I'd prefer her to stay human. There is still plenty of her to explore if she'd be brought back, like how does a mischievous spoiled brat adjust to the harsh world of Faerûn? Does she falter or does she thrive?

And while I'd prefer to avoid the whole "daddy issues"-cliché, the fact that her father is who he is lends itself well to a story about personal growth. Does her story end in her surpassing him as a ruler, or will she reject nobility all together? Not to mention that she is of political importance. Her running around in Amn could result in some very interesting roleplay opportunities. And as a fairly impressionable youngster, perhaps her alignment could change depending on CHARNAMEs actions, making her either good or evil? This would also help to make her stand out from Nalia, who she shares quite a few similarities with.

I'd like her to stay a thief class though, just to have a single class rogue in the BG2. She doesn't have to be a pure thief, however. Her time with the Flaming Fists would probably have involved some military training she couldn't get out of, perhaps turning her into more of a swashbuckler. Either way would be fine with me.

I can also definitely see some pretty obvious banter with the aforementioned Nalia, as well as Haer'Dalis (who I'd imagine she'd rebuff after her experiences with Eldoth), and most of the cast. Anyway, just a few random thoughts from a player desperately wanting to see the Soultaker plot point resolved!
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There's a mod for BG2 that brings Skie back (party member optional). Its worth checking out and right in the bg2 mods section.
    RedRodentmegamike15
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    There's a mod for BG2 that brings Skie back (party member optional). Its worth checking out and right in the bg2 mods section.

Cool! I've been meaning to explore more NPC mods anyway. Would you say Skie in BG2 feels like a natural progression of her character?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    RedRodent wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Cool! I've been meaning to explore more NPC mods anyway. Would you say Skie in BG2 feels like a natural progression of her character?

I hath not taken her into the party.