Skip to content

How do BG1 and SOD work together?

LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
Hi,

I've just installed the Mac version of BG1 and SOD fro Beamdog but I'm confused as to how the two jive together and how SOD is started.

I thought that SOD changed something in the final scenes of BG1 so you could optionally do SOD as if it were part of BG1. Is this the case?

I have two applications installed one for BG1 in folder (00766) and one for SOD in folder (00806) from what I can gather if I want to start a BG1 game I start it in the BG1 App and once saved I can then load with SOD which will enables the SOD part. If I start a new Game in SOD then it starts at a different location and I just do the SOD part.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

If someone could enlighten me or point me to something that explains it I'd be very grateful.

All the Best
Dave
Post edited by LookToWindward on

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I don't have the Mac version, but my guess is that it works as in Windows. In that case you can just start up the SoD application. That gives you the option as to whether you start a new BG1 game from Candlekeep, a new game from SoD or a Black Pits game (depending on which of these icons you select). If you start a BG1 game and progress through to killing Sarevok, the game will automatically transition to SoD.

If you start the BG1 application, you won't automatically transition, though you will have the opportunity to import your character into SoD later if you want.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Thanks a lot, I wish there was a "User Manual" that explained the UI as well as the Field Report file, which tells you nothing about the product you've just bought and how to use it!

Ahhhh ok, given that it transitions for me, do I keep the same party as is, or does it always start with a new party?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You'll keep the same party at the start of SoD. All that will happen after that is a spoiler.
    ThacoBell
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Great! I don't want to know any more, just wanted to keep the same party together!
    JuliusBorisovmonico