Skip to content

Problem with Beamdog Client

LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
Hi,

This is on Mac.

Please see my other thread in the BG:EE mods section (weido gives fatal errors and can't install mods).

Because of this, I decided to uninstall SOD and download it again from the Beamdog Client, however when I select the option to Uninstall the client show it as Uninstall and invites me to download it again, but it hasn't removed the old version, the SOD folder (00806) is still there. Is this correct? I don't want to download 5 GB if it's not going to work!

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    I got around the problem by selection Verify Game, this failed and gave me a restore option, it then did some magic (by the looks of it without downloading again). I can now install and and uninstall mods again!

Is the Client supposed to work like this? Are this any instructions for its use anywhere?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The Client has a few problems, but Verify Game or manual removal of games usually help.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I got around the problem by selection Verify Game, this failed and gave me a restore option, it then did some magic (by the looks of it without downloading again). I can now install and and uninstall mods again!

Is the Client supposed to work like this? Are this any instructions for its use anywhere?

I love the verify install option. Not only does it look for file errors and fix them, it also looks for installed mods and removes them cleanly. If some files are missing, it only downloads the ones needed. Its super fast and nice for modding, because you can get a clean install without having to re-download the game.
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Yes it's cool and works great, I wish they had given some instructions on how to use it, I would have saved me a lot of time. Still I know now......