Skip to content

How to Lighten Screen?

Hi,

With the Monitor I'm using BG:EE is VERY dark, I can hardly make out anything when it's night. I've looked in the options but there seems no way to change it to be lighter. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Dave

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    I tried this and it resulted in an unusable game and it seems more to complex for what I want anyway, with loads of different options and I have no idea how to translate gamma etc. into making the screen lighter.

As a result of this, I now can't install/uninstall anything (probably my own fault!), so use at your own risk!!!!

It may be that this mod is not compatible with Mac OS!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    How about just making your monitor as a whole lighter?
    JuliusBorisov
    There isn't a brightness control on this monitor (that I can find anyway) or I would!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There isn't a brightness control on this monitor (that I can find anyway) or I would!

Every monitor has a brightness setting. If its not on the monitor itself, there should be a brightness slider in your computer settings. Or even a keyboard shortcut.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
    edited April 2020
    There is a toggle button that brings up a Menu and allows you to change some things, but the Brightness option in "Not Available", I have Sharpness and Contrast but they don't help.

Samsung 27 Inch curved monitor.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    The manual for that is at https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190618104444943/BN46-00552H-Eng_for_India.pdf

It says the following about setting brightness:
    You can adjust the general brightness of the picture. (Range: 0~100)
    A higher value will make the picture appear brighter.
    ― This menu is not available when Bright is set to Dynamic Contrast mode.
    ― This menu is not available when Eco Saving Plus is enabled.
    ― This menu is not available when Eye Saver Mode is enabled.

Hopefully changing one or more of the above will let you change things.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellAerakar
    I was playing around with the setting of the monitor and saw "Game Mode", works a treat!
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Woo! Game on!
    JuliusBorisov