Skip to content

Jaheira Romance - bandits don't spawn

Hi everyone,

my romance with Jaheira is stuck at the point were some bandits should appear while resting outside Athkatla; many time passed after the previous dialogue event but nobody spawn.
I'm aware this is a known bug, but is there a way to fix it without using the console or editors?
I never use these workarounds, and never will (it's my way to play), i already tried even to kick her out the party (that actually should break the romance) and i found another bug: after asking her to join again the party she starts to walk in a direction and keeps doing it. Please somebody help, otherwise i will submit myself to roleplay the romance in a different way.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Just confirming that you're resting in an outdoors woodlands map? (For some reason, the De'Arnisse Keep exterior counts as one.)
    DaevelonThacoBell
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Just confirming that you're resting in an outdoors woodlands map? (For some reason, the De'Arnisse Keep exterior counts as one.)

Yep, i slept outside the Keep, in the druid woods, outside the Watcher's Keep, outside Firkraag Keep...
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are you sure you haven't skipped a step?
    Daevelon
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Yes, triple checked: Baron's curse is lifted, Xvar quest is done, the last dialogue is the one that it's supposed to be before the bandit's ambush... I'm pretty sure that it's a bug.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Unfortunately, without using the console or EEKeeper to peek at the variables behind the scenes, I'm at a loss now to say what went wrong. If I had to guess, it's probably one of those situations where the NPC or Jaheira was meant to say something, but something else intervened (say, spawning into combat, or another NPC event trigger interrupted), and while the global variable for Jaheira's romance got incremented, the proper event didn't actually spawn, and now since the variable is incorrect, the romance is left in limbo not knowing what to do next.
    Daevelon
    Daevelon wrote: »

Yes, triple checked: Baron's curse is lifted, Xvar quest is done, the last dialogue is the one that it's supposed to be before the bandit's ambush... I'm pretty sure that it's a bug.

Did you do the Harper quests? I'm pretty sure that at least the bit where they try to imprison you happens before the bandit ambush.

Did you do the Harper quests? I'm pretty sure that at least the bit where they try to imprison you happens before the bandit ambush.

Nope, i checked and this part occurs after the bandits.
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Unfortunately, without using the console or EEKeeper to peek at the variables behind the scenes, I'm at a loss now to say what went wrong. If I had to guess, it's probably one of those situations where the NPC or Jaheira was meant to say something, but something else intervened (say, spawning into combat, or another NPC event trigger interrupted), and while the global variable for Jaheira's romance got incremented, the proper event didn't actually spawn, and now since the variable is incorrect, the romance is left in limbo not knowing what to do next.

Yes, i think too that happened something like this; if i have to bet i think that the problem happened when Nalia was taken from militia for the accusations and probably in the same time it was supposed to occur the Jaheira romance step.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There is a good romance guide on the sorcerers.net which can teach how to fix ANY romance issue, has a detailed list of all the lovetalks and conditions, so using the in-game console you'll be able to easily figure out what went wrong and fix it.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php
    - BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist (Submitted).
    gorgonzola
    There is a good romance guide on the sorcerers.net which can teach how to fix ANY romance issue, has a detailed list of all the lovetalks and conditions, so using the in-game console you'll be able to easily figure out what went wrong and fix it.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php
    - BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist (Submitted).

Yep, i knew about that, but as mentioned in the first comment using the consolle completely breaks my game immersion, so i prefer to leave the romance unsolved. Thanks anyway.
    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola

Nope, i checked and this part occurs after the bandits.

The bandits are usually one of the last steps I do. I don't think I've ever gotten them to spawn until at least after the first harper encounter where Jaheira defends you.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited April 2020
    i think that even for those that don't like to cheat with the console if they use it to correct something due to a bug there is a clear difference.
    and a bad implementation like something else preventing a romance to progress as a variable is risen without the thing that should have make it rise happening is a clear case of bad implementation if not a bug.

but i respect your feelings, to accept that the romance never progresses, even if it is due to a bug, has its own RP value, as even in RL not all the romances progress beyond a certain point, even if you have done all the right things to help them progress. love affairs are a so mysterious thing, are never something you can have 100% under control.