Skip to content

A Centralized Listing of Enhanced NWN Changes

Does anyone know if there is a centralized listing of all changes since EE made its release to the present? A full list of all changes and fixes? There is one at the Trello Board, but it's a little long in the tooth and is still dated from 2018 (and it doesn't reflect anything from 2019-20.

DerpCity

Comments

• TsaisTsais Member Posts: 11
    I wish there were. My little brain hurts from juggling all the patch notes.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    @JuliusBorisov , is it possible to get such a detailed listing? Something that provides some of the details of the changes and some notes to the end-user on how to use/grasp/make ready these new changes? For instance, the PDF I linked above to the Trello Board is perfect, just a new one to reflect the myriad of new content, fixes, features, and changes.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    One other thing to consider is that not all of the features and changes are documented or explained.
    GrymlordeƝ????Ʀ????
    I know, hence my reason for this request.

Bumping this for another look by Beamdog. Here's another for instance:

From the settings.tml. What are my options here? What's minimum now? or the new maximum? Threaded timers?

[server.tweaks]
    2da-engine-cache-size = 11
    2da-user-cache-size = 32
    game-object-cache-size = 16
    threaded-timers-resolution = 100
    use-threaded-timers = true
    [server.tweaks.power-saving]
    clients-required-to-disable = 1
    [server.tweaks.resman]
    max-memory-usage = 0.12500000000000000
    dunahan
  • Ɲ????Ʀ????Ɲ????Ʀ???? Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2020
    A list of centralized changes doesn't exist as far as I'm aware but perhaps one of these will be useful to you.

Steam Patches / News

NWN Lexicon NWNEE Script / Function Additions

NWN Lexicon NWNEE Existing 1.69 Function Changes

Edit:

NWNWiki settings.tml listing

NWNWiki nwnplayer.ini listing[OLD]

NeverwinterWights
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think the point is that the information is scattered and some things are only found out from testing or word of mouth. It would be nice if Beamdog hosted a page with all the changes and documentation. Sadly I think that will end up needing a community initiative.
    NeverwinterWightsdunahanƝ????Ʀ????
    Surely Beamdog is keeping track of all changes\regressions somewhere. I'm surprised that there isn't a list to begin with. We might get a list or some information about one with some virtual shoulder tapping.

Any plans or movement on this beyond individual patch notes @JuliusBorisov?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No plans at this moment, but I might create such a summary one day.
    dunahanƝ????Ʀ????
    Thanks for the reply, @JuliusBorisov . Even a chronicled listing of all the 2da changes would be welcome, and probably a little easier to compile.
    dunahanƝ????Ʀ????
    Thanks for the reply Julius. I agree with Old_Gith. We could certainly use some consolidated solid documentation. With the amount of information and age of the game it isn't hard to get lost looking for information about more recent changes. At the very least there would be less questions.
    DerpCityIsewein