Skip to content

[Icewind Dale EE 2.5.17] Party Characters do not auto-attack

First of all, if this is the wrong forum then my apologise. I couldn't find a "Bug Report" forum for Icewind Dale EE.

This bug occurs regardless of singleplayer or multiplayer where characters from the party do not auto-attack despite having the AI turned on. Auto-attack for any other Infinity Engine games I own (i.e. Baldur's Gate EE and Planescape: Torment EE), it's just Icewind Dale EE which I am having problems with.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what script are you running?

try setting their script to none and then reassigning their script again afterwards
  • WedgeWedge Member Posts: 8
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    what script are you running?

try setting their script to none and then reassigning their script again afterwards

What do you mean script? I'm essentially running as is.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Character Record/Customize/Script
    as jsaving mentioned above, you need to actually apply scripts to your characters for them to do things without your input

now normally for the BG EEs i believe they default to the bbdai or some such script, but for IWD EE i don't recall if those scripts are in that game

so you will have to set them yourself manually ( which is very easy to do );

go to record page

then customize

then script

and the scripts will tell you what they do and then when you choose the script you like, press DONE, not cancel and you should be good to go
  • WedgeWedge Member Posts: 8
    Huh, that's interesting... You'd think that this sort of thing will be set by default to ease in new players. Also, is it normal for the AI to switch targets automatically before finishing off enemies?

Regardless, thanks a lot to the both of you. You two have been a great help!
    Wedge wrote: »
    Also, is it normal for the AI to switch targets automatically before finishing off enemies?

if the AI is running on a script that has *attack, re-evaluate* then I would say yes? ( you won't see that in the script description itself in the record page, this would appear in the actual coding of the script )

if the AI is off though, I don't think they would switch targets...? I don't remember, it's been a little while since I've played the EE games