Skip to content

Area transitions not (very) visible in game

TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
I've read here somewhere that the blue area transition boxes don't really show up when you hover over them with the cursor properly in game if the trigger areas are uneven (not flat) when drawn in the toolset.

But, I've got some in a custom swamp tileset that no matter how hard I try to draw flat I cannot. The problem it creates is that when you're in the area you can't use the cursor to find the transitions and click them. Using WASD you'll automatically trigger them, which is fine, but not everybody (or platform) necessarily plays this way.

Any tips for flattening these out or making them appear more reliably when you hover over them with the cursor?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    edited April 2020
    It's more reliable to use a door. Paint a No Visible Door in a doorway (which can be temporary), then Adjust Location in the left-hand palette.
    TerrorbledunahanGrymlordeChreelister
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    And to follow up on Proleric's good suggestion - you can now adjust the door's orientation so that it sits flat on the ground, if that's how you want it, just like a trigger would look. Even better, if the tileset has any cave entrance features, they usually come with larger invisible doors. Paint the cave opening temporarily, relocate the door as needed, then delete the cave tile. You'll then have a nice big trigger area.
    ProlericTerrorbledunahanGrymlorde
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    I am so pleased, this worked so well. It was much easier than what I was anticipating. The toolset placeable scaling came in really handy on these as well.