Skip to content

If I equip the Big-Fisted Belt, will it import into BG2EE?

And if so, does it replace any other item that would've been there?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The Big-Fisted Belt cannot be imported into BG2EE, because the item doesn't exist in BG2EE. You would need a mod to add it to the game before that would even be possible.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Ok good. I like the item for BG1 but I want my INT back in BG2.

I was worried it’d be like the Claw of Kazgaroth which will replace the Helm of Balduran if you’re wearing it.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    You can buy a belt of hill giant strength at adventurers mart which gives 19 str but no int loss
    sarevok57Klorox
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Great suggestion, that is usually my first purchase.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    usually my first purchase are the wands from the starting dungeon that first i sell and steal from a merchant to have them full charge, then i sell ad buy from a fence to clear them from the stolen item status.
    in the process i gain also some money to buy the belt, as not all the wands will need to be purchased from the fence, ie the one that throws low level magic missile becomes obsolete very soon so can be stolen without problem.

to "import" a bg item into bg2 it can be extracted with EEkeeper from bg and copy pasted from its override folder into the bg2 one, then to add it to the inventory is an easy EEkeeper task.
    some players can regard it as cheating, but i fail to see how if the EE developers add a feature that let import items from previous games, but only the items they like, or a modder is free to introduce new items and it is not cheating when a player does something equivalent, but without being an official developer or releasing an official mod, simply using a user free tool like EEkeeper it should become automatically a cheat.
    it is only a different game setting, that if the player likes it in his own game i don't see reasons to don't use.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Klorox wrote: »

I was worried it’d be like the Claw of Kazgaroth which will replace the Helm of Balduran if you’re wearing it.

Check out https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Importing (but note that the weapon import no longer involves Malaaq - you will find the weapon in the golem room).
    Klorox wrote: »

Check out https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Importing (but note that the weapon import no longer involves Malaaq - you will find the weapon in the golem room).
    That’s just it; things change so often, and it’s not easy to figure it out all the time.

Thank you

I’m just happy to know that the belt will be usable for me for the second half of BG1, but won’t spoil any items for me in BG2, where I wouldn’t use it and where I do plan on using the helm of Balduran for quite some time.
    JuliusBorisov
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    usually my first purchase are the wands from the starting dungeon that first i sell and steal from a merchant to have them full charge, then i sell ad buy from a fence to clear them from the stolen item status.
    in the process i gain also some money to buy the belt, as not all the wands will need to be purchased from the fence, ie the one that throws low level magic missile becomes obsolete very soon so can be stolen without problem.

to "import" a bg item into bg2 it can be extracted with EEkeeper from bg and copy pasted from its override folder into the bg2 one, then to add it to the inventory is an easy EEkeeper task.
    some players can regard it as cheating, but i fail to see how if the EE developers add a feature that let import items from previous games, but only the items they like, or a modder is free to introduce new items and it is not cheating when a player does something equivalent, but without being an official developer or releasing an official mod, simply using a user free tool like EEkeeper it should become automatically a cheat.
    it is only a different game setting, that if the player likes it in his own game i don't see reasons to don't use.
    I play on iOS. I can’t cheat.

And adding things into the game that aren’t available through playing normally is cheating the game. JMO.