Skip to content

XP Cap remover for Android?

HyperborealisHyperborealis Member Posts: 7
Anybody have any tips on which files to use for 2.5 android version, and how to install them? All the information I've come across on this forum so far either doesn't work, or it's out of date for previous builds.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, anybody have any advice or can point me to a thread outlining what needs to be done?

(Id also appreciate xp removers for SoD and BG2/ToB. I also dont have access to a PC, so everything would need to be done in android file manager.)

Comments

• kaja8kaja8 Member Posts: 52
    Any new info on this?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited May 2020
    @kaja8, and probably too late for @Hyperborealis,

Have a look at this post. It contains the file necessary to allow for unlocking the XPCap (to 2999999). All you need to do is to unzip the files and place them into the following folder:

Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override

If you don't have the 'override' folder, just create it. The files work for the current versions of BG1EE and SOD.

You should be able to open 'ASaferXPCap.zip' in vanilla File Manager but if you can't, then I recommend RAR for Android. It is free on Google Play.

All the best
    Gus
    Hi @Gusinda , thank you for your quick reply. Is there a similar option for bg2?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @kaja8, there was one but I the only one I could find was for v1.3 of the game. I just used Tweaks Anthology and created one for v2.5 because I wasn't sure if the old one was compatible..

Same as before, just unpack into Files folder (is already packed with override folder)

Enjoy
    Gus
    You're a lifesaver. Thank you so much!
  • TomgateTomgate Member Posts: 1
    I have attempted the XP cap remover for BG EE on android and found that the "file" folder is completely empty. Created override folder inside and placed extracted files in there. No success. I am running version 2.5.17. Any fix for this?
  • la_brunahla_brunah Member Posts: 1
    I have downloaded the file asaferxpcap and I extracted it in the override folder I created in the data folder com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition, but the xp cap remain the same. I'm using 11 Android version. Someone may help me?
  • teditorsteditors Member Posts: 1
    Same problem, I'm running 2.6 on Android phone. My understanding is that with Android 11 and 12 anything in the Android/data directory has permissions such that only the app that created a subdirectory is allowed to change that subdirectory. This makes even simple mods, like changing the xp cap, impossible.

I would love to find out that this isn't true, because the xp cap is silly, so anyone feel free an encouraged to correct me.