Skip to content

Lore question: Bards worship Mask?

Hello all, I have a lore question, I was thinking, if bards can worship Mask. I mean the idea sounds weird, wrong or cool?
Thank you all, take care.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I guess they could. Although bards don't have all thieving skills, they can pick pockets, so if a bard was particularly fond of stealing from others, they might work as a follower of Mask. It's probably uncommon, though.
    ThacoBell
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Yes. They could.
    ThacoBell
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited May 2020
    Couldn't anyone? I mean it's not like gods come down and stop people from worshiping them (well the Lady of Pain in Sigil does, but she's not a deity. We think...). Whether it would do something for the worshiper is another question I guess.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    They certainly could, especially Evil or more mercenary-minded Bards who sell out their services as spies or saboteurs, for instance.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Couldn't anyone? I mean it's not like gods come down and stop people from worshiping them (well the Lady of Pain in Sigil does, but she's not a deity. We think...). Whether it would do something for the worshiper is another question I guess.

Yes, anyone could. The question is more if they would. Like, what does a farmer get out of having Mask as their patron deity. For Bards there's lots of reason to patronize the god of thieves and stealth.
    ThacoBell
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Bards could worship any god, after all they are storytellers/musicians/diplomats/poets and all deities can be worshipped that way.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Bards could worship any god, after all they are storytellers/musicians/diplomats/poets and all deities can be worshipped that way.
    Unless there's a god whose portfolio includes mutes/the tone-deaf/squabblers/accountants?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Unless there's a god whose portfolio includes mutes/the tone-deaf/squabblers/accountants?

Interpretive dance!