Skip to content

[WIP] Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG2:EE

13»

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2019
    I'd really like some amusing hints at the whole background behind the "Hidden" in jan's quest possibly linking up to the Mindflayers in the Sewers... even if it's just Conspiracy talk, it could fit Aura well if done tongue-in-cheek.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Having recently finished my BG1 run with her, I have a couple of suggestions. Can she bring that cursed idol and wand with her as well? The idol, in particular, saved my party's bacon a few times.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Hi. just checking to see how the mod is doing. Hope everything is going well.
  • HugoRuneHugoRune Member Posts: 47
    I'm quite sad that updates on this seem to have stopped. I've played the mod for BG1 and SOD and really enjoyed it. Had hoped to be able to play through BG2 with Aura as well. Do we know anything about if there has been any progress?
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Making a mod takes a long time, especially if you're looking into making original assets (Areas, images for items, even your own custom made portrait or soundtrack can take weeks.). That said, I'm also looking forward to its conclusion.

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    there are also periods where aion has to stop modding due to school.
    I know we are all a bit impatient for Aura to show up in Athkatla, but know that when she does, it will be an incredible mod. I'm totally prepared to be patient if it means getting the same kind of treat that we got in BG1.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I'm still around... and to tell the truth, yes, progress has kind of halted for the moment. I'm hoping to get back to form soon, but I can't promise you'll be able to see the mod anytime soon. Sorry.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i'm still surprised we have not run out of bird names.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its only a matter of time before Haerdalis calls someone a "Booby."

Also, yeah! BG2 Aura!
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i'm still surprised we have not run out of bird names.

Haer'dalis will never run out of bird names. :lol:
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    Is there any news about the current mod status ?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @AionZ
    Greetings! What's Aura's mod's progress?

Thankee!
  • TwiceTestedTwiceTested Member Posts: 18
    I hope AionZ is doing well. Came across this mod and Aura looks very interesting! I would love to try her out in BG2 at some point!

Real Life will always come first, but do know that many people like Aura and look forward to more of your work (when it's ready). If there is something the community can do to help, let us know! You'd be surprise by the response!
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    Many of us are eagerly awaiting the New Adventures of Aura and the Perfect Sunshooter!
  • BlueTreesBlueTrees Member Posts: 1
    What Shirak said.

I've chatted with you at reddit about how much I liked your Sirene mod. Well...I'm in the same boat with Aura. Just about to finish this Bg1 playthrough, then off to SoD, but I'd love to keep adventuring through SoA and beyond.

AIUI, there was an Aura for BG2, but that got deprecated for reasons...? I'd be happy playing that version, TBH. The character is unbalanced, in all the most delightful ways, and I've grown quite accustomed to having another Wand-flinging, CLW 2 per round casting, all around fantastic in all of the things I use a Thief for, NPC.

Anyway, I can only imagine how much a pain it is to revisit old NPCs, when you'd rather be creating new content. And I know that you're likely not getting paid from this, but your fans do appreciate what you're doing.

Or tell us the mod is likely abandoned. It's OK. Best of luck and best wishes IRL.

• ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    See the BGEE Aura thread. Work is in progress. Let's give Aionz time and space.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    Hoping this will get released. I've tried this NPC on BGEE and I was really impressed with her!
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    I assume it's safe to say that, after 3.5 years since the last update, this mod is dead? Unfortunate, was really hoping to do a full playthrough with Aura.
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    It's not.
    Zanian wrote: »
    I assume it's safe to say that, after 3.5 years since the last update, this mod is dead? Unfortunate, was really hoping to do a full playthrough with Aura.

The last update to the mod was done the 4th of august (version 3.8a) and Artemius is continuing the develop Aura for BG2 (and his other mods), from his discord channel:

The Artisan — 08/30/2023 3:21 PM
    On a positive note, I’ve made decent progress in writing Aura’s NPC friendship banters - Aerie and Yoshimo, the two NPCs that have a longer than average banter path that will culminate in Aura making gifts for them both.

Stop calling mods "for dead", just because post on this forum are not updated. It for sure could be frustrating for the author.

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Frenzgyn wrote: »
    It's not.
    Zanian wrote: »

The last update to the mod was done the 4th of august (version 3.8a) and Artemius is continuing the develop Aura for BG2 (and his other mods), from his discord channel:

The Artisan — 08/30/2023 3:21 PM
    On a positive note, I’ve made decent progress in writing Aura’s NPC friendship banters - Aerie and Yoshimo, the two NPCs that have a longer than average banter path that will culminate in Aura making gifts for them both.

This is cool! Is there another forum where news is more regular, or is it just the discord?
    The Artisan is not very active here and on G3 board either lately, but his discord is relatively alive. He admitted to be quite busy IRL but wanna do a few pass to fix bugs before releasing new things. Finger crossed it will be sooner than later.
  • ofeliaofelia Member Posts: 10
    great news! waiting for Aura in bg2
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    This is why we should put this all onto github. And give permission to other folks
    to help maintain it too. Many mods have small issues that are not hard to fix, but
    people disappear due to reallife (we all understand that I guess), and then other
    links no longer work. This is why I think people should co-host at the least on
    github as well as state whether they give permission to other people to maintain
    and build upon their work in case they disappear.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    This underrated track is practically made to become her character theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR8KYu4ri8
    Nice!