Skip to content

[mod] ForgeIt - IWD: new forgeable artifacts for IWD EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
Now not only FindIt - IWD is an option. ForgeIt - IWD joins the list of IWD EE mods!

ForgeIt-IWD adds a set of 8 new powerful artifacts to your Icewind Dale EE game. But you don't just find them and put them to use. First you have to find all the needed elements and return them to their former glory: just like the Wave or The Equalizer in Baldur's Gate 2. Elements of the new items are scattered throughout the whole game, including HoW and TotL campaigns. There's also an optional component that makes Icasaracht Scale Armor a bit more powerful. While originally it had the statistics of usual White Dragon Scale, let's remember Icasaracht isn't just some white dragon, but a really powerful matriarch. The optional component adds some extra power to the armor made from her scales as well as makes the item icon a bit more shiny.

Download
Forum
memoryjmaeqGusindailduderinoThacoBellLudwig_IIbonewhiteglory

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    New verison is up!
    Version 1.1 fixed the problem with drop of chakram and dagger components.
    AedanilduderinoGusindaThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Question: I've never played through HoW before, so I don't know how it works. Is the Icasaracht scale part of that expansion? I know you can HoW before finishing the main game. SHould I do so if I want to use the scale?
    edited May 2020
    Icasaracht in the old IWD never included the scales, however EE added that, which is great. However, the scale armor forged without this mod installed was just the copy of BG2 item with a really short description. I always imagined Icasaracht to be much more... special, when compared to other White Dragons, so I've decided that this mod should have an option to make the armor added by EE stronger and to stress that it's not an armor from just SOME white dragon, but from a powerful one, unique, in a way. Then I also thought that the icon should show that, so I used the original icon as a base and made it look a tiny bit nicer.

If you want to use that scale armor, then yes - you should play the expansion before finishing the main story of the OC. That's also suggested as this mod adds some other components to the HoW areas and creatures. If you want to forge all the items introduced by this mod, play the original campaign and then move on to HoW once you are powerful enough, finish HoW before the OC and then get back to the final parts of the OC with some new shiny stuff and kick some ass.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I see, many thanks for the answers.
    You're welcome @ThacoBell. I am kinda tired and sleepy so I made some typos when writing the response, fixed it now, but... I suppose you got what I was saying, hah. Anyway, have fun!
    ThacoBell
    New version is up! Version 1.3 includes English text improvements and a French translation by Deratiseur.
    Aedan
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Thanks so much for this mod! Cromwell’s forge has always been one of my favourite things about BG2, so it is wonderful that there is now something like it in IWD. I’ll definitely use this in all future games.

And the “Blade of the Gathering Storm” is an amazing dagger! I think my character fell in love with it. :smile:
    LavaDelVortel
    The blade was @AionZ idea :) Still, I'm glad you like it! :)

Thanks for playing with this mod! :)
    Thrasymachus
  • nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17
    Could you tell me what the glowing ruby is for the blade and maybe where to find it/the item code? Thanks!
    The mod is there to encourage looking for these little things and replaying the game. So keep your eyes open, there are 3 parts of that blade. One was somewhere near drow and a forge, one is late in the OC when you're just about to deal with a trickster and his men, and one is somewhere in Lonelywood. If you want more info/item names, open tp2 with a notepad and check it yourself, but your'e killing the fun part.