Skip to content

[Potential Spoilers] Resuming Jaheira Romance

Greetings all!

First off, I apologize if this thread is not in the correct forum.

Now for the issue: Last night I brilliantly decided to remove Jaheira from my party having decided to pursue the Aerie romance after having gotten only a little ways into Jaheira's, shortly thereafter I discovered that there is a mod which will allow me to go after all of the romances in a single play through. I'd like to get the story for all of them, and I know it'll be a long time before I get around to another play through.

My problem is, obviously, that I removed Jaheira from the party, which killed her romance. I know you can edit the global values in EE Keeper which might provide a route to "undoing the damage" so to speak; however I'm not sure whether this is even possible or which variables to adjust and which to add back in, as I suspect when the romance was killed it removed some of the variables from the table.

So my questions are:
1) Is this type of story-line resurrection even possible?
2) If it is, which variables need to be adjusted/added back?

Quick note: I do not mind running through the dialogues again from the beginning, if that is the easiest way to go about it, I was only 7 or 8 conversations in.

Alternately, if someone who has EE Keeper, and is in or about chapter 2 and romancing Jaheira, could kindly look up their romance variables and post the variables and values I may be able to reverse engineer a solution to this problem myself.

Thank you for any assistance you guys can provide!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Geohound16‌ and welcome to the forum!

First of all, you should enable the console (see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization - use the same instructions for BG2:EE, also follow this instruction: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/403734/#Comment_403734 )

Then you should type CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL") – to find out what value it has. In BG2:EE you should type C:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

This major romance variable shows the current romance state and you should always check it if things seem to be going wrong.

Possible values of this variable (XX) are:
    0 – romance was never started,
    1 – romance is progressing,
    2 – romance lives, NPC is finally in love with you,
    3 – romance is dead for good.

If you have 0 or 3, you can type

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX) – to manually set the value. In BG2:EE you should type C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX)

Another important variable for managing a romance is LoveTalk. It shows how far the romance has progressed.

There are two commands you should use to access the variable:

1) CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over the Jaheira's portrait. Press return and the console will show you her romance rating. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

2) CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

Issuing a command like this: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“JaheiraRomance”,”GLOBAL”,1) - In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole - will trigger the next dialog providing all other conditions (location meeting characters etc) have been met. If nothing happens, simply type this command twice.
    gorgonzola
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    I just want to warn you, the concurrent romances mod is notoriously buggy. It has a track record of not playing so nice with other mods, and even has some problems on its own.
  • etxxuetxxu Member Posts: 15
    @JuliusBorisov i have a problem relates with that

I have type: C:GetGLOBAL("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")
    And
    CLUAConsole:GetGLOBAL("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

The console says: [string "C:GetGLOBAL("Jaheira Creative","GLOBAL")"]:1: attempt to call method 'GetGLOBAL' (a nil value)

Also, I put CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")
    And
    C:GetGlobal("LOVETALK","LOCALS")
    And console says: [string "C:GetGLOBAL("LOVETALK","LOCALS")"]:1: attempt to call method 'GetGLOBAL' (a nil value)

What does mean? Why this romance codes are not working and other does?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited May 2020
    i used a multiple romance tweak many years ago with the original edition.

charname had a lot of sex no doubt about it, but viconia is quite tough to satisfy, and jaheira is a strong half elf at the highest point of her sexual life, even aerie, that at the beginning is not a problem, near the end of the game is quite demanding as is less naive about sex and begins to appreciate it very much.

the result was that my poor charname could almost not rest at night, as he had to "fight" with the 3 women, and usually got fatigued right in the first battle of the new day
    obviously i am only joking here, but still i did found that playing more then a single romance somehow breaks the immersion, the romances are not designed for it.

so i suggest to play more times and experience a single time a different romance.
    i want it all and i want it now is not always the best attitude to enjoy a game.

even if it imo is strictly not a thread resurrection, as a player is trying to use information from an old topic now, has to be noticed that the information given by @JuliusBorisov was valid for the game as it was 6 years ago, now it is very different, a lot of changes had been made, so it is possible that the information given is no more usable. But I am only guessing it as i never used the console to change my romances.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    it was 6 years ago, now it is very different

Indeed. Check out https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1132585/#Comment_1132585 for the commands that work in the current version.
    gorgonzola