Skip to content

Helmetless look option

Orion2019Orion2019 Member Posts: 2
Am new here. Greetings to all!
Curious if a helmetless look toggle can be implemented, similar to Divinity Original Sin 2's toggle perhaps?
On character creation we put quite a bit of effort into choosing the head we like.
It just looks cooler in my opinion if our characters can battle without a helmet on.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I don't remember if it was something official or a mod but in my NWN games the equipment appearance customization doesn't cost money anymore, and you can change your helmet animation to the "0" option which is invisible.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    edited May 2020
    There is new functionality in EE (and maybe Diamond as well?) that allows hiding of any equipment slot, including helmets. As of now, it can only be implemented through scripting; there are no specific "hide helmet" settings in settings.tml, though I'm sure that would be a popular addition.

In general, it's something that a module creator would have to integrate when building their module. It might be possible to put a custom "hide helmet" script in your override folder, but that could easily break other scripting in the affected module(s).
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    I just added a Hide Helmet item to PlayerUtilities. There is now a function that makes it easy. The script is in the utilities.hak,
    just spawn in the item and use it while wearing any helmet. Also available on steam.
  • Orion2019Orion2019 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the replies!
  • ChreelisterChreelister Member Posts: 30
    So is this is a Hak or Script? I don't see a SetItemAnimation function or is it by changing the appearance of the helmet to 0?
    edited June 2020
    @Chreelister Here is the script hidehelmet.nss, activated by using an item with the tag "hidehelmet" and the "unique power self only" property:
    void main()
    {

object oPC =  GetItemActivator();
        object helmet = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_HEAD,oPC);
        if(OBJECT_INVALID == helmet){
            return;
        }
        int bool = GetHiddenWhenEquipped(helmet);
        if(TRUE == bool){
            bool = FALSE;
        }else{
            bool = TRUE;
        }
        SetHiddenWhenEquipped(helmet, bool );

}

• ChreelisterChreelister Member Posts: 30
    Awesome, Calgacus, Thanks. Looks like it is only an EE thing. Go EE!! :)
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    And in theory, this can be done for all the slots, yah? Armor, cloak, and whatnot?
    @Atrophiederic Yes but not for all creatures, according to the lexicon: SetHiddenWhenEquipped
    The intended usage of this function is to provide an easy way to hide helmets, but it can be used equally for any slot which has creature mesh visibility when equipped (e.g.: armour, helm, cloak, left hand, and right hand).
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this only hides it for the actual player using the activation? In multiplayer other players would still see your character with the helmet, yes?
    I'm not sure - I only play in single player mode but I would be surprised if it didn't work in multi-player mode assuming the item and script is in the module and not just dropped into your own override or development folder or in your own userpatch.ini - would someone like to test in multiplayer mode and let us know?
    According to the patch notes for 1.79
    We fixed the SetName and SetHiddenWhenEquipped script commands not reliably updating all clients.
    and by "clients" I assume they are referring to players in multiplayer and persistent world games as opposed to the different client executables running on the different platforms.