Skip to content

What weapons can show up on that table in the sewage golem room in the starting dungeon?

I’ve played and had several different weapons show up there, all +2.

I’m wondering what the options are.

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Does Varscona show up somewhere later? That's the only one I can't remember seeing if I didn't get it in Chateau Irenicus.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2020
    IIRC it does occur in several places later, at least it did in the original SoA. One (I think) can be pickpocketed from Ribald Barterman, but if you found Varscona in the Dungeon he will have a generic longsword+2, which is almost as good.

Personally I like to import Krotan’s Mace +2 for Minsc because I don’t think it occurs anywhere else, so all other weapons will be found in the default positions in the game, which if you’ve played it zillions of times you’ll be used to. Similarly for Kiel’s Morningstar, but personally I don’t think it’s worth bringing along.

N.b. Staff maces and spears are fairly generic-in their description and frequency in the game, so I’m not sure if the designers bothered with the weapon switching feature for these (never bothered to check it, probably not worth it).

BTW the staff mace is an excellent weapon for Jaheira early on (also for Imoen as a backstabbing weapon) and it also occurs in SOD I think. The Gravebinder can be good for Imoen’s stealth too, with its high speed factor.

All of this is fairly irrelevant later when you find better weapons, but it does have some effect in the Dungeon and early on in Athkatla, because as you’ll see there are plenty of unfriendly vampires strutting around town at night.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    No weapon switching for the staff mace or staff spear. Krotan's Skullcrusher also doesn't show up anywhere otherwise, but it's statistically identical to a +2 mace anyway. The other one that doesn't show up later is Kiel's morningstar. If you want a playthrough built around berserking weapons, you really have to import this one.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Yep, the staff mace is therefore a lovely choice...because finding a decent one handed weapon for Jaheira otherwise in Athkatla is tricky...
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    and the staff spear is very useful for a thief charname (also MT, FT, and FMT) that has pips in staff planning to use it as stabbing weapon as it can stab and is probably the best option for it until you have the money to buy the staff of ryn, that is +4 instead of +2.

about the weapons for jaheira the only ones before leaving the town are scimitars +1 so to have the staff mace +2 is surely an advantage.