Skip to content

How do you resist the temptation of larceny?

2»

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Arvia wrote: »
    In BG2, wands aren't worth it any longer, but I sometimes recharge wands in BG1,
    i find them also very useful in the first part of BG2, when are still useful, even the one of magic missiles that if does very little damage is still super useful for spell disruption, saving the slots of your mages spell books when you have only to disrupt and not to deal damage.
    at a certain point of SoA i agree that they become obsolete as your mages have more spells/day and much more powerful ones, but i am glad to have them until that point.
    Dharius wrote: »

Jan, Hexxat and Haer’Dalis united!!!! Pickpockets rule :)
    give them a bunch of thieving potions and also nalia and imoen are glad to join :D

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2020
    Can you imagine all FIVE of them in one party, with a thief protagonist?? It’d be bonkers....

Yeah I like the humble wand of magic missiles too - anyone with the right INT can use it, and it’s a lovely disruptor :D
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Dharius wrote: »
    Can you imagine all FIVE of them in one party, with a thief protagonist?? It’d
    sure that i can.
    the blade tanking while singing, reaching AC cap thanks to blurr, improved invisibility and the 10 AC bonus from the enhanced song while charname, jan and hexxat stab like crazy and the 2 T->M flooding the enemies with spells and re applying the invisibility to the stabbers for more stabs (song enhanced).

the mirror images and stoneskins of the bard will last very long.

or a mislead clone can be used to sing while haer dalis (DW for 8 apr) and the mages tank thanks to PFMW.

unmatched thief power and very good arcane one as at least 4 of them can use that magic, probably the best charname for that group is a multi CT (maxed dmg roll using RM) or Cleric of Lathander11->T (same but also 2 boons day that can be stacked to have up to 9 apr improved hasted and using the best gauntlets, 8 before you get them. The cleric part adds also the divine protections and useful spells and with the multi even implosion that stuns an enemy for a round, making all the attacks and stabs automatically hit without a roll.

used in the right way it is a party that really can rook and roll :)

Dharius
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2020
    Yep, thought so, bonkers but rocking. Thieves forever, woooooo! :)

And we won’t mention Yoshimo, because, in case you didn’t know, vultures circling and all that....
    gorgonzola
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    One instance when it's more or less "fair" to steal would be Gorch from the Mae'Var guild. When you find the evidence proving Mae'Var 's bad intentions, your character can figure out nobody from the guild will survive after you tell Roenal about that (or at least, all the current business there will be shut down). So you can sell your pricey items to Gorch and then steal them back. You don't get new items this way (except for those Gorch sells himself), but you can make money. It also fits the thieving nature of the whole questline.
    gorgonzola
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2020
    As a follow-up, I have just tried that. I'm at ~1.7mln XP, did everything in Chapter 2 except for the liches / Shandalar / Windspear Hills. Selling everything I had brought me only 150k gold. Not a small amount, but not too big either. I don't use Deidre and Joluv till Chapter 6, so this money will let me buy all the items I wanted to buy from other merchants (which I haven't yet), such as lvl 8 spells, the Robe of the Good Archmagi, arrows of dispelling etc.

If you have a mod installed which provides quite a few new Cromwell upgrades (which cost a lot of money), these extra sums can be spent on them.
    gorgonzolaRik_Kirtaniya