Skip to content

Tome of Clear Thought for Warriors

I found this Tome of + 1 Intelligence but don't know what to do with it. Intelligence is not used by my berserker and he already has 18 anyway. What do I do with this tome ? If I give it to Edwin maybe ? Or to Xan ? Or can I transfer it to BG2 later and give it to some other NPC ?

I also found previously a Tome of Wisdom +1 which also was useless to my berserker and I gave the tome to the Water Queen. Maybe that was a mistake.

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    The Tomes don't transfer to BG2 by themselves, but if (and only if) your main character consumes them, the stat boosts which they receive carry over to BG2 on importing the said character.

You can also give tomes to companion NPCs, but the stat boosts which they get is limited only to BG1 itself.
    RedRodentJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you carry the tomes to SoD, then you can give them to NPCs there (and considering the NPCs there use their BG2 i.e. updated stats, it can provide greater results). Viconia can jump to 21 WIS in SoD with 3 tomes.

If you use the mod to make BG:EE, SoD and BGII:EE into one game, then you can save the tomes 'til BG2 NPCs.
    RedRodent
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    If you're planning on a full saga playthrough and are concerned with making sure to maximize the value of each tome, it's probably easiest to just give them all to your PC. Even stats that offer little in terms of combat utility can still help open up new dialogue options. Not to mention, when going up against Mind Flayers and such in the second game, you can never really have too high INT.

Otherwise, I'd say the tomes' greatest utility lies in how they let you customize your companions. Besides buffing key stats, they also open up dual-class options for several of the human NPCs. This allows for even greater party experimentation and replayability in a game that's already massive.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellOlvynChuruStummvonBordwehr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There's also a third option: Mods! I use a mod that alters stat bonuses so that every stat affects something useable by every class. I think int governs save vs. spells in my install?
    RedRodentOlvynChuruStummvonBordwehr
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Soido wrote: »
    Intelligence is not used by my berserker and he already has 18 anyway.
    I'm just amazed you have an 18 in a stat you didn't want and don't use. Congrats on a good die roll.

Soido
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    It is not an easy roll but nothing spectacular. 91 berserker dwarf roll with 18/84 Strength