Skip to content

Easter Eggs in Siege of Dragonspear and The Black Pits

Sorry for the mic quality in this one. I kept on having to change rooms which affected the consistency.

I have to say, I think that the quality of the easter eggs and their subtlety was better in the original games. The writing in the first two seems a lot better in general but then I'm not as familiar with the enhanced editions and nostalgia could be playing a slight part in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video.
JuliusBorisovmegamike15

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the references seem the same in sod as they did in the originals. but the ones in bp seem more forced.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Black Pits is a series of arena fights with a thin story hung over it. It's not exactly taking itself seriously. Besides, you only see those fight names if you break immersion and replay old fights.

Oh, and a couple of references not in the video:
    - Wizzard Hat (SoD item): This is a reference to Rincewind, the protagonist of several of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. While he considers himself a wizard and even wears a pointy hat with "Wizzard" embroidered on it to prove that, he can't actually cast any spells. Instead, he tends to run away whenever he finds himself in trouble, and is very good at it from long experience. While the original character's hat isn't magical, the game's version grants a speed boost to help you run away.
    - Elan Garaq (Black Pits rakshasa "tailor" merchant): This is a reference to the Star Trek character Elim Garak, Cardassian "tailor" on Deep Space Nine. Name and occupation only here; I don't see anything quote-like in his dialogue.
    harbsnarbsJuliusBorisovRedRodentwaerjak
  • harbsnarbsharbsnarbs Member Posts: 8
    jmerry wrote: »
    Oh, and a couple of references not in the video:
    - Wizzard Hat (SoD item): This is a reference to Rincewind, the protagonist of several of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. While he considers himself a wizard and even wears a pointy hat with "Wizzard" embroidered on it to prove that, he can't actually cast any spells. Instead, he tends to run away whenever he finds himself in trouble, and is very good at it from long experience. While the original character's hat isn't magical, the game's version grants a speed boost to help you run away.
    - Elan Garaq (Black Pits rakshasa "tailor" merchant): This is a reference to the Star Trek character Elim Garak, Cardassian "tailor" on Deep Space Nine. Name and occupation only here; I don't see anything quote-like in his dialogue.

Thanks for the info!