Skip to content

BG:EE and all the other Beamdog games I just brought on Steam won't launch

DaddyDM78DaddyDM78 Member Posts: 5
BG:EE and all the other Beamdog games I just brought on Steam won't launch. I spent $70 and two hours researching, troubleshooting, signing up to Beamdog sites and posting questions... just to try and play games that I brought from this company? And a day later, still no response to the ticket I submitted.

Is this kind of thing normal for Beamdog, because having a look at all of the problem posts on these forums and others, it seems to be how they operate. I really wanted to replay these old classics before BG3 came out, but I don't spend money and time just to be dicked around. Would I be better off just demanding a refund from Steam?

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    What's your Operating System?
  • DaddyDM78DaddyDM78 Member Posts: 5
    Windows 10. i7-7700 processor. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. OS and drivers all up to date.
    It's very frustrating. All I've got from Beamdog so far is a generic 'please check this trouble shooting FAQ'. I have to say that the support so far is terrible here.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, DaddyDM78. The best bet is indeed to follow the steps here: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/article/1084883080

"Won't launch" is not enough for us to troubleshoot the issue, this is why we're asking you to follow one of the existing guides and try every step from it.
    I lodged a ticket and when asked sent this information about steps taken:

"I have already read that post and tried most of the steps, e.g. checking updates, relocating the folder, looking for the Baldur.ini or Baldur.lua configuration file. I’m running up to date Windows 10, on a i7-7700 with a NVIDIA gaming graphics card."

This is what I got back:

"I am sorry but you did not detail the steps you have already tried, otherwise I would of suggested that you request a refund if you are not interested in troubleshooting."

Seriously? I don't know what's worse, the fact that 'Charles' apparently didn't bother to read the message at all, or the fact that what constitutes customer support at BeamDog is just repeatedly referring people to generic trouble shooting FAQs, which essentially amounts to 'work it out yourself'.

Worst customer support ever.
    Kunjilung