Skip to content

Arelith

Comments

• EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    bouo9qazx9se.png

New Clothing Options
    20/04/12

Anatida

After many weeks of work, collecting and compiling some of the finest clothing models available for NWN, our Artistic Lead has launched a huge variety of new clothing options.

11i3pjby6r89.png

These include tabards, dresses, trousers, padded armors and much, much else. In all there are 148 new models avaiable, allowing for thousands of new combinations to further ensure that no two character of Arelith need ever look the same.

As before not all of this content will fit 'phenotype 2' (The large body model), and in such cases will revert to smaller size. With many of these models containing a level of detail never before seen on Arelith, and far improved over the base game content, this update is one that our community has been asking for us to provide for a very long time.

Currently all the new clothing models are available on the PGCC server, and following feedback from our players will be launched on the live module. These clothes appear under 'robe' styles, and can be customised in the usual fashion in-game.

wakosxnifwpb.png

All the new clothing will fit all standard racial types

Details of this update are also available on our forums.
  • BorkBork Member Posts: 3
    I think it should be important to mention that Arelith has a rule they don't exactly always inform new players about. Apparently "being liked" by server staff is a condition for them to treat people with basic decency. It doesn't matter how polite you try to be - slightest differences in opinions can get you in trouble. Be warned - if you'll write something they don't like on Arelith forums - posts will disappear no matter if you didn't break any of their rules.

I wrote a simple comment about part of their content being buggy and as result one of their DM-s started to provoke me on discord using foul language just so when I actually answer have a pretext to ban me out of spite.

Fair warning for those interested to play there simply aimed to save people some disappointment.
  • CaomhCaomh Member Posts: 40
    It does not surprise me. I stopped playing there around a year ago. For the following reason.

Team bad guy is stripped of all their lore. Staff officially told me in their staff voice all the bad guys are supposed to cast aside their races, lore, deities, to be one lovefest of team evil) team evil and be thwarted by team good on the service. Those Drow Deities and Cyric work hand and hand.

To further this end the staff retconned years of plots they ran which affected the server. Rewriting the history they themselves had created.
  • BrianscottBrianscott Member Posts: 1
    I agree. They have their group on Discord who they like. Don't expect any help, just some guy trying to be clever and mock your questions. I play to have fun, not get treated poorly by some tool living in mommas' basement
    edited August 2020
    in regard to the above three comments, noone is banned for spite as all bans are reviewed to prevent such. if you found content being buggy we have a special area in the forum to list buggy content for the dev teams to fix. No dm's will use foul language if they wish to stay on the DM team.

no bad guys had to cast aside anything that was canon. yes arelith uses forgotten realms canon circa 1372 so if its not there its not there. At no time has anyone been told they have to be thwarted by anyone. Drow dieties that were not canon were removed and seen as being aspects of other gods they most represented to be in line with canon. The staff didnt retcon anything as 99% of all plots are player driven not Team Driven. No history was rewritten. Heretical aspects were driven out and killed as how Drow act. I for one speak first hand on this, as I have a toon who hunted and the helped purge the last of the non canon drow diety followers.

there are two discords, one run by a group of players who are very opinionated and the official discord run by the Server Lead Irongron and the Teams. Do make sure you are using the proper one and not the player one.

now to the updates
    Post edited by Ebonstar on
    bl17aagnniqt.png

Load Screen Project Completion
    20/04/26

Irongron

Back in 2018 I was approached by fantasy artist Matheus Graef, who had become a keen player on our server, and completed an excellent painting of our 'Weatherstone' in the Skull Crags, we soon decided to work on a series of Arelith paintings that would encapsulate both Arelith and Neverwinter Nights, tiled our 'Load Screen Project'

Two years and thirty paintings later, the initial project is now complete.

4vla97rjr7mg.png

Excerpts of some of the 30 Paintings for the Arelith Load Screen Project

From here we will, as previously announced, work towards replacing our default (and frankly lacklustre) Neverwinter Nights default load screen images, with these full screen paintings, of which have already been released as wallpapers for our patrons, or on our Twitter Feed.

But it doesn't end with the loads screens.

First we will see these added as actual in-game paintings, adorning the walls of areas within the game, starting with a new wing of Cordor Gallery specifically built to house them, and hosting an in-game event, where they will be officially unveiled, including an in-character, in-game auction, where characters in the game will be able to bid for and purchase the 'originals' to decorate their homes, castles or guildhouses.

Commissioning these paintings, and discussing each with the artist has been a genuine joy; areas of the game that as players we have often imagined, being brought to life so vividly, has not only furnished us with some of the best Neverwinter Night themed art I've ever personally witnessed, but allowed us to formulate an ambitious plan to update the actual game with entirely new resources.

qydzir7rbu41.png

The Underdark City of Andunor

Given our limited resources we will unlikely be able to commission many more paintings from this artist, though I am advised that he will continue, as always, to take commissions from players (He can be emailed at mentergraef@gmail.com), Should these be character portraits, or Arelith specific locations, we would, of course, be more than willing to see added to the game-world, or even as further load screens, should any of these be of specific Arelith locations.

As this project comes to close, so the Arelith Asset Project has only recently begun, and is already yielding breathtaking results.

Our thanks to everyone that helped make this possible, especially the artist himself.

0hpla7wnalnl.png

New Class - Hexblade
    20/04/27

Garrbear

There are few powers darker than manipulation of the soul. Whether you use it to make a pact with a foul creature - demon, devil, or something else -, collect the souls of others to draw strength from, or twist your own soul into a corrupted mockery of the life it represented, it can be agreed that horrid powers are at play. The Hexblade is both an expert warrior and a practiced spellcaster, but their true power comes from the Hexes and Curses they use to both physically and mentally assail their opponents.

Hit Die: d10

Base Attack Bonus: High

Saving Throws: High: Fortitude; Low: Reflex and Will

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.

Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier

Skills: concentration, craft mastery, craft trap, bluff, discipline, intimidate, heal, lore, parry, persuade, ride, spellcraft, taunt

Alignment: Any Evil

Special: Arcane Spell Failure for Armor and Shields is reduced by 20% if the majority of your levels are in Hexblade.

Features

Level 2: Dark Blessing

Level 4: Find Familiar

Level 6: Hex and Curse Weapon (details below)

Levels 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 26, 28, and 30: Bonus Feats

Spellcasting: Arcane (spell failure from armor is a factor), charisma-based (a base charisma score of 10 + the spell's level is required to cast a spell, bonus spells are based on modified charisma, and the charisma modifier affects spell DCs), and spontaneous cast (no spell preparation required).

(Spellbook listed below)

Hexes

Hex - A Hexblade can use their dark magic to cast a Hex on someone, lowering their skills by -1 per 6 Hexblade levels.

Hex Feats - The following feats will add additional benefits to your Hex ability. They can be taken only as bonus feats at levels 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 26, 28, and 30.

Hex of Ineptitude - All those nasty little things you hear in the back of your mind are true - I am the voice that whispers them. Let all your pitiful anxieties and insecurities become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The mind affects the body. The body affects the mind. Cause enough dissonance between the two and expertise crumbles into ineptitude. All that's left is to watch you fail. The Hex now lowers your target’s skills by a further -1 per 6 Hexblade levels.

Hex of Elemental Decay (Requires 23 Hexblade) - Nature has no power here. The primal forces the foolish druids strive to protect have been corrupted to serve your own purposes. The target of your Hex receives 1% vulnerability to all elemental damage per Hexblade level.

Hex of Duality (Requires 23 Hexblade) - Light and dark. Good and evil. It's all just two sides of the same coin. Who cares if you call yourself a paladin or a warlock. You're both killers in the end. The target of your Hex receives 1% vulnerability to positive and negative damage per Hexblade level.

Hex of Neglect - Time is the enemy of all things. Perhaps you should have taken care of your armor better. The little things you neglected in life will be your final regret. The target of your Hex loses 1 armor AC per 6 Hexblade levels.

Hex of Hallucination - Do you even know where you are right now? You seem to be lost, or is it simply the madness taking over, leading you astray. The target of your Hex loses 1 attack bonus per 6 Hexblade levels.

Hex of Acedia - You look about anxiously this way and that, and sigh that none of your brethren care to save you, a kind of unreasonable confusion of mind takes possession of you like some foul darkness. The target of your Hex receives a penalty of -1 to all saving throws per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curses

Curse Weapon - While common folk fear curses, you embrace the dark power and the horrible deeds they urge you to do. Once a day, you can curse your own weapon, giving it a +1 enhancement bonus per 6 Hexblade levels. This effect lasts for 24 hours.

Curse Feats - The following feats will add additional benefits to your Curse Weapon ability. They can be taken only as bonus feats at levels 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 26, 28, and 30.

Curse of Hypocrisy - You say you fight for justice, but you care more about delivering the punishment than finding the truth of the crime. You say you fight for good, but you've murdered far more than any villain. The Curse on your weapon now adds +1 positive and +1 negative damage per 10 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Worms (Requires 26 Hexblade) - You think your so-called good deeds make you a better person? When it's all over, our bodies will be eaten by the same worms, and we will both face the same Wall. Anyone hit by your Cursed Weapon can no longer be magically healed for 6 seconds.

Curse of Blood - The only difference between us is the color of our armor. Our blood is just as similar as our fondness for killing. Upon hitting an enemy, the Hexblade will be healed 1 hit point per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Flames - All your accomplishments were built to feed the flames. Let it all be judged in fire, and reduced to ash. Sacrifices are made in blood, and offered in fire. This blade was forged to anoint such unholy sacraments. Your Cursed Weapon will deal 1 fire damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Frost - You think you’re cold? You don’t know the meaning of cold. I’ll make your breath turn to frost, and your blood into ice. Your Cursed Weapon will deal 1 cold damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Acid - You think your friends will save you? I’ll melt your very bones into nothing. By the time I am through with you, there will be nothing left for them to find. Your Cursed Weapon will deal 1 acid damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Lightning - You fear being struck down by your god for your sacrilege? Your words are as meaningless to the gods as the wind. I, on the other hand, will strike you down like lightning for your insolence. Your Cursed Weapon will deal 1 electrical damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Dissonance The sounds of our swords clashing may be music to your bloodlusted ears, but I much prefer hearing the vibrations grinding your bones into dust. Your Cursed Weapon will deal 1 sonic damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

Curse of Draining (Requires 28 Hexblade) - A cunning adventurer? A devil? A demon? Even a dragon? You are nothing more to me than the lowest peasant is to you. On a successful hit, your Cursed Weapon will drain 1 level from your opponent.

Curse of Sacrifice (Requires 23 Hexblade) - You think you've made sacrifices? Giving a few pennies to the poor isn't a sacrifice. Leaving your home to serve your so-called god isn't a sacrifice. Look at me! I've sacrificed everything for this power, and I won't have it taken from me by some noble hearted fool. Your curse weapon deals 2 magic damage per 6 Hexblade levels on hit (this damage is not multiplied by criticals), but it also damages the Hexblade by 1 damage per 6 Hexblade levels.

HEXBLADE SPELLBOOK

Level 1

Scare

Charm Person

Mage Armor

Expeditious Retreat

Magic Weapon

Light

Sleep

Shield

Level 2

Blind/Deafness

Darkness

Bulls Str

Eagles Splendor

Endurance

Invisibility

See Invisibility

Ultravision

Protection from Elements

Cats Grace

Ghoul Touch

Ghostly Visage

Level 3

Dispel Magic

Invis Sphere

Haste

GMW

Poison

Slow

Stinking Cloud

Vamp Touch

Invis Purge

Bestow Curse

Level 4

Contagion

Polymorph Self

Fear

Dominate Person

Enervation

Improved Invis

Evard's Black Tentacles

Ice Storm

Phantasmal Killer

Confusion

As always further detail and feedback will appear on our forums, and this class will first be trialed on the PGCC server

Arelith original Hexblade artwork by Matheus Graef.

1e2zagknit7i.png

The Plane of Shadows - Update
    20/05/11

Irongron, Msheeler

Arelith's Shadowplane has seen the addition of ten new writs (quests) and extensive, if somewhat familar, new dungeon.

ycjejre0v02h.png

The Unsettled Graves in Shadow Cordor

This update represents the first epic level quests added to the server, covering not only the new dungeon, but any existing Shadowplane areas, such as the Witches' Cottage of the Lost Legion (Pictured), and includes 8 new or updated areas, in addition to 7 new monsters, including some entirely new creature models for Arelith.

68gbe3auxbgr.png

A True Ghoul within the Shadow Crypts

Characters can obtain these quests at the 'Guild ofShadowhunters' in Wharftown, or from the Registry Agent at Castle Gloom.

w3256mj30tcf.png

The Shadowhunters Guild in Wharftown

Remember, to experience Arelith's Shadowplane in full Greyscale, this file MUST be placed in the Neverwinter Nights Override Folder! (It should also be removed when playing other NWN modules as will cause some areas to display in B/W.)

This update also includes a host of other content from Arelith developers, including changes to the subdual system, and a number of completed suggestions. For full details see the update post on our forums.
    zuxrj77ngeik.png

Dis: City of the Planes' Desire
    20/06/20

Bat Country

"Within Dis can all desires be met, for the right price," say its advocates. In this vast, terrible city, those not consigned there to perdition can find among its maze-like streets every manner of good, amenity, and supply. Only grandest Sigil can rightly claim to be its rival or better, for there are few planar trade hubs as vast as this in all known creation.

Now, portals leading there have been thrown open to Arelith's adventurers, and mercenary-minded falxugon Transporters have cropped up from its islands' oldest ruins to the halls of the Undercity's traffickers. There is no doubt that a significant planar city has much to be found within it. But for the promise of all that one desires, what price might be asked in return?"

The Second Layer of Hell, the great and terrible city of Dis, is constantly subjected to reconstruction. Its inhospitable streets, once familiar to many Arelith adventurers, are now only a shadow glimpsed far beneath its newest commercial showing: the Concourse Capaneus.

One of Dis' more opulent merchant boulevards, the Concourse Capaneus is an elevated avenue and plaza, seated upon the roof of one of the city's tower sprawls. A more civilized corner of Dis than the streets below it, this planar marketplace is where characters can find rare items and services and meet and deal with both the pernicious fiends native there, but countless more planar visitors too- including each other.

Scheming Falxugons now lair in some of the islands' darker corners, from the sands of Sibayad to Arelith's surface ruins. In Andunor too, doors once closed have been opened, and these Devil Transporters ply their dark trade there, offering passage to Dis for either gold or some small fraction of a traveler's very soul*. A new portal nexus now at least offers easier access after the Iron City has been reached.

*Legal definitions vary, please consult your local priest or occult jurist.

This major update includes the following:

Over a dozen brand-new areas and many reworked ones
    Living, breathing city: dynamic NPC crowds & shops
    Complete overhaul of the Cloven Hoof with player-tended bar
    Many (many) new NPC shops and services
    Four new player shops (and two temp shops)
    Six (anonymous) player quarters
    Twelve (anonymous) player storage vaults
    Anti-scry meeting hall (analogous to Cordor's Temple of Beshaba)
    PvP-enabled Colosseum with Ranked Matches*
    Arelith-only custom assets by Magistrasa
    New Abishai, Maelephants, and remodeled Cornugons
    140+ unique written NPCs
    250+ new RP items for sale

*This feature uses the old Gigaschatten Arena Engine, and is still undergoing testing. Expect changes and upgrades, and always report bugs on the bug forum!

This update also includes several more changes and fixes: see the announcement post for the rest.
    p9nx2att978l.png

Whidershin Edge
    20/06/29

Irongron

Lying along the border between the lands of Cordor and those of Bendir Dale, Whidershin Edge (Formerly 'Mayfield's Junction') is a village long rooted in neutrality, in a land otherwise riven by political divides.

This update sees the village significantly expanded, with two key additions.

The Festival Grounds of Whidershin cover a large tract of land to the west of the village, hosting;

An Arena tent
    A Jousting Field & Stands
    An Event tent
    A Gambling Tent
    Over 30 Temporary Stalls.

zpx7q1f29oke.png

The Festival Grounds at Whidershin Edge

This area exists to be used by characters wishing to arrange large-scale events, and is open to all players.

Mayfield's Tavern has seen a large update.

Can now be purchased and run by players, using the Arelith's barkeep system – including a group of new private rooms for the owner.
    The owner will generate a profit from each room rented
    Some quarters have been improved
    The addition of many new NPCs, including a peddler, and quest-giver
    2 new player shops.

pdwmr6p2yyfd.png

The Tavern of Mayfields

As normal, details of this update can be found on our forums.
    gom3w13x339v.png

The Banite Update & Zhentarim Classes
    20/07/01

RedRopes, Jack Oat, Garrbear, Awan, Aniel, Bat Country

Long has Arelith been influenced by the Church of Bane.

Its greatest heights were in the age of Ryan Valtheran who with his lust for drow females, his innovations with the use of magic devices, and brutality saw the first Stonehold rise, fall, and then be built again with halfling gang-labor upon the peaks of the Skullcrags - the peak still holding his namesake to this day. But it is not often that the wicked men of the Realms maintain such power if they are careless and after the departure of that warlord - another lost that keep to Talassian heathens and their demonic overlord Paush.

The Zhentarim (or more those who claim to represent them) have perennially popped up in various ways through the years which have furthered the cause of the Black Hand though usually in name only; being so far from the Zhentil Keep allows for freedom among that cabal of killers, merchants, and thugs that its Zealous master would otherwise demand.

Some would say the Black Hand's days upon Arelith are numbered. But so long as Men hate, so too, will Bane maintain his horrific grip upon this isle and the world.

CHURCH OF BANE UPDATES!

I. There are now guards on and in the keep. Praise Bane.
    II. The shop has been moved outside to allow heathens the opportunity to gain from Lord Bane. Praise Bane.
    III. The church is now peopled by those who fear the Lord and provide diverse trades for the commune. Praise Bane.
    IV. The priesthood in its guildhall have reorganized and been given donations from around the isle and the Banefaith at large. Praise Bane.
    V. The history of Bane upon Arelith has been documented in the church's reliquary. But what sacrifices will you need do to see them? Praise Bane.

The Zhentarim Classes (PGCC Only)

Note: These classes are variants of the Neverwinter Nights Harper Classes, as they appear on Arelith, and are subject to many of the same rules and systems, including DM approval for taking the class.

Zhentarim Naug-adar

The Zhentarim is among the most famed and feared "secret" organizations in Faerûn. Its members have their hands in nearly every illicit business imaginable, from assassination to drug trafficking to slavery.

Every Zhentarim caravan is said to be watched over by a spellcaster of some skill. Many mages join the Zhentarim for the political power it offers and the access to a large library of spells.

The naug-adar, or devil dogs, are the ever-watchful minor mages of the Zhentarim. These low-ranking or inexperienced mages are given certain spying and eavesdropping tasks that the Zhentarim deem important and that require the magical capabilities endowed by the ability to use wizard spells. While the naug-adar must perform their assigned tasks to remain in good stead with the Black Network, they are never promoted within the ranks of the Zhentarim until they show some initiative. They must unearth information of importance, manipulate people or events in a way beneficial to the Black Network, or arrange for the death of their rivals or superiors on their own to be considered for promotion. Needless to say, the result is that naug-adar are a bunch of prying, conniving, backstabbing vipers.

Beneficial information is passed up the chain of command promptly. Bad news is buried whenever possible. If information does not serve a naug-adar's needs, but does not hurt his or her prospects either, it is passed on about half the time; the rest of the time it is hoarded like secret gold, with each naug-adar thinking that something only she or he knows might help his or her cause down the line.

BAB: Middle
    Hit Die: d6
    Proficiencies: Simple weapons and light armor
    Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier.
    Skill List: appraise, bluff, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, persuade, pick pocket, ride, spellcraft.
    Bonus Pre-epic Feats: As wizard.
    Bonus Epic Feats: As Sorcerer and Wizard.

REQUIREMENTS:
    Alignment: Any evil
    Skills: Bluff 4 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Thug
    Classes: May not have any other Zhentarim class. Must have an arcane caster class.
    Special: This class requires a permission token.

ABILITIES:
    1: Skill Focus: Lore
    1st Bonus Feat
    +1 Arcane Caster Level
    Spell Penetration

2: +1 Arcane Caster Level
    Skill Focus: Spellcraft

3: +1 Arcane Caster Level
    Epic Skill Focus: Concentration
    Greater Spell Penetration

4: +1 Arcane Caster Level

5: Eschew Material - Does not require spell components
    Epic Skill Focus: Spellcraft
    +1 Arcane Caster Level
    2nd Bonus Feat

Zhentarim Fear Speaker

The Zhentarim is among the most famed and feared "secret" organizations in Faerûn. Its members have their hands in nearly every illicit business imaginable, from assassination to drug trafficking to slavery.

Fear Speakers have their origins in the days of Cyric's ascent as the chief god of the Zhentil Keep and the Black Network. In those days the Priesthood of Cyric was unchallenged and those who took up the divine cause of the Black Sun could not be questioned. Part holy warrior, part spy, and absolutely concerned with rank both in the church as well as the Network these men and women would stop at nothing; including fabricating disobedience to their god in order to rise.

Though the Dark Sun seems to set over this black empire with the destruction of the Zhentil Keep, the turn of Fzoul Chembryl to Iyatchu Xvim and eventually back to the Black Lord this has not seen this style of priest banished from its ranks. Though most in the Zhentarim praise Bane; there are many dark cults who are tolerated within their number so long as they at least pay lip service... and there are quite a few members of Cyric's own order still lurking, waiting for that rise in rank which will see the Dark Sun rise again.

Hit Die: d8
    Skill List: appraise, bluff, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, persuade, pick pocket, ride, spellcraft
    Bonus Pre-epic Feats: divine might, divine shield, extra turning, favored enemy, greater spell focus, turn undead
    Epic Feats: As cleric

REQUIREMENTS:
    Alignment: Any evil.
    Skills: Bluff 4 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Concentration 8 ranks.
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Thug.
    Classes: May not have any other Zhentarim class.
    Special: This class requires a permission token.
    ABILITIES:
    1: Skill Focus: Lore.
    1st Bonus Feat
    Extend Spell
    +1 Divine Caster Level

2: +1 Divine Caster Level
    +3 DC on Turning

3: +1 Divine Caster Level.
    Planar Turning

4: +1 Divine Caster Level

5: Gain piety from all aspects.
    Armor Skin
    +1 Divine Caster Level
    2nd Bonus Feat

Zhentarim Enforcer

Enforcers have their origins in the foot soldiers recruited by the priesthoods loyal to the Zhentarim. Jack booted thugs who bust down doors and haul off infidel and political prison alike to be slain or enslaved.

Many of their rites are only loosely based in the divine worship and seem to very much indulge in matters not unlike a blackguard; cavorting with fiends and other sentient immortal evils to gain power and thus rank in the Black Network. Surely they enforce the will of their mortal and divine lieges... but also themselves.

BAB: High
    Hit Die: d10
    Skill List: appraise, bluff, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, intimidate, listen, lore, move silently, parry, persuade, pick pocket, ride
    Bonus Pre-epic feats: As fighter, except for weapon spec
    Bonus Epic Feats: As fighter and paladin, except for (epic) weapon specialization

REQUIREMENTS:
    Skills: Discipline 4 ranks, Search 4 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks, Bluff 8 ranks
    Classes: May not have any other Zhentarim class
    Special: This class requires a permission token

ABILITIES:
    1: +2 Universal Saves

3: +2 Universal Saving Throws
    Turn Undead
    Divine Shield

5: +2 Universal Saves
    Divine Might
    Note: For non-blackguards, as long as your charisma score is above a base 11, the save progression will be replaced with Dark Blessing at Zhentarim Level 5

8exuta9w44lg.png

The Leader of the Zhentarim Fzoul Chembryl

Zhentarim Operative

Though there are many diverse character types within its ranks, the Zhentarim operative is probably the one Faerûnians encounter most often - even if they never realize it. These are the spies, the thieves, the assassins lurking in the world. Undermining civilization, orchestrating coups, and those just trying to make their way through the ranks by making their fellows look worse than themselves.

Hit Die: d6
    Skill Points: 8 + Int Modifier
    Skill List: appraise, bluff, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, open lock, parry, persuade, pick pocket, ride, search, spot, tumble, use magic device
    Bonus Pre-epic and Epic Feats: As rogue and ranger, except for two weapon fighting and ambidexterity

REQUIREMENTS:
    Skills: Discipline 4 ranks, Search 4 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Intimidate 6 ranks
    Classes: May not have any other Zhentarim class
    Special: This class requires a permission token

ABILITIES:
    1: Skill Focus: Lore
    1st Bonus Feat
    Track
    +1 Caster Level
    Use Poison
    Rogue Affinity

2: Skill Focus: Bluff

3: +1 Untyped Caster Level

4: Epic Skill Focus: Bluff

5: Loviatar's Whip - +5 bonus to DCs vs Poison
    +1 Caster Level
    2nd Bonus Feat
    Trackless Step

These classes will added to PGCC in due course for testing.

Harper & Zhentarim Agents

Over the next weeks we will be adding a number of Harper and Zhentarim NPC agents with hidden functions and dialogs beyond their usual dialogs. These will only be revealed when spoken to by a member of their respective organization. These agents will either be entirely new characters, or more frequently repurposed existing NPCs.

Further details of this update will be on our forums.
    1uhdrvl1fd7w.png

New Class - Loremaster
    20/07/05

Zaphiel, Irongron

In a world where secrets abound, and knowledge has power, where few men travel to distant lands, and fewer still return, where frequent wars claim not only countless lives, but can eradicate centuries of learning, it is the Loremaster; the men and women of studious intent, that guard the ultimate treasure of civilization.

The role of the Loremaster can differ greatly between the nations & races of Faerun. In some they are tutors, sages, philosophers and explorers, while among others they inspire an almost religious deference and respect; the keepers of ancestral lore, ancient myths and heroic tales that may serve to define entire cultures. In others still they are outlaws; dangerous free-thinkers and agitators,daring to challenge the established dogma of repressive regimes.

In all cases, however, they share one key defining trait, for it is in their commitment to truth, above all else, that the Loremaster finds their calling.

NEW CLASS - LOREMASTER

PGCC ONLY (For Testing/Feedback)

BAB 3/4
    Hit Dice: d6
    Pre-Requisites: Base Int 16, Lore 8 Ranks
    Alignment: Any
    Prociencies: Simple Weapons, Light & Medium Armour & Shields
    Primary saving throw(s): reflex, will
    Skill points: 6 + int modifier
    Skills: concentration, craft mastery, disable trap, heal, listen, lore, parry, persuade, search, spellcraft, spot, use magic device, appraise, craft trap, ride.

Level 1 - Loremaster's Knowledge, Scroll Mastery I
    Level 2 - Wand Mastery I, Secret Knowledge
    Level 3 - Scroll Mastery II, Bonus Language I
    Level 4 - Wand Mastery II, Secret Knowledge
    Level 5 - Scroll Mastery III, Bonus Language II
    Level 6 - Secret Knowledge, Wand Mastery III
    Level 7 - Scroll Mastery IV, Bonus Language III
    Level 8 - Wand Mastery IV, Secret Knowledge
    Level 9 - Scroll Mastery V, Bonus Language IV
    Level 10 - Tutor, Bonus Language V, Wand Mastery V

Special: At level 10, can learn an unteachable language via bonus language. (Animal language, drow sign language, thieves cant.)

Feats:

[Loremaster's Knowledge]
    This feat allows the character to identify items more easily than others. It grants the character a bonus equal to their class level x2 to any lore checks.

[Scroll Mastery]
    This feat Increases the caster level of all read scrolls by X. Grants a (X*10)% chance of not consuming a scroll upon use. (X = Mastery Level, For example: Scroll Mastery IV -> X = 4, Caster Level Bonus for scrolls: +4, Chance for not consuming a scroll: 40%)

[Bonus Language]
    The written word and spoken word, all are made and formed to give meaning. With knowledge comes power, and the power to know that all language stems from the same roots, giving you an edge and ability to speak an additional linguistical skill. (Each tier of this feat grants you the ability to learn an additional language.)

[Wand Mastery]

As Scroll Mastery, but affects all wands and rods with the following bonuses:

Wand Mastery I - Increases the caster level of wands and rods by 1. 5% chance to preserve charge of a wand/rod.

Wand Mastery II - Increases the caster level of wands and rods by 1. 10% chance to preserve charge of a wand/rod.

Wand Mastery III - Increases the caster level of wands and rods by 2. 15% chance to preserve charge of a wand/rod.

Wand Mastery IV - Increases the caster level of wands and rods by 2. 20% chance to preserve charge of a wand/rod.

Wand Mastery V - Increases the caster level of wands and rods by 3. 25% chance to preserve charge of a wand/rod.

[Tutor]
    Tried and tested terminology and a handy knowledge of indexes allow ones self to aid in tutoring the spoken word and written testimonial to others. Where some may spend time spewing drivel you spend your time teachings efficiently, and so your pupils learn faster. (Loremaster is twice as effective when teaching languages.)

Feats - Secrets:

[Secret Knowledge of Health]
    The Loremaster is practiced in ancient rituals, dietary regimes and excercises intended to bolster the health of the user. (+30 HP)

[Secret Knowledge of Inner Strength]
    Akin to the Slippery Mind feat, the Loremaster is well-versed in mental techniques of distraction and circular logic intended to provide protection from mind-affecting spells and psionics. (+2 Will Save)

[Secret Knowledge of True Stamina]
    Just as for every venom there is an antidote, physical shocks can be counterbalanced by maintaining a careful equilibrium of dietary supplements. The Loremaster is keenly aware of the eco-system within their own body, and maintains it with a scientific exactitude. (+2 Fortitude Save)

[Secret Knowledge of Avoidance]
    While some avoid attacks with a heightened instinct for survival or altertness to any attack, the skilled Loremaster is often able to stay two steps ahead of any impending theat; a knowledge of applied force that allows them to correctly judge, almost immediately, the appropriate response to any unexpected change of physical circumstances. (+2 Reflex Save)

[Secret Knowledge of Weapon Trick]
    The ability to know just when and where to strike is not purely the province of an experienced fighter, but can also be learned by studying the application of forces and physiology. Common in fencing, it can also be applied to a number of other weapons. By taking this approach a Loremaster can provide themselves a modest advantage in combat. (+1 AB)

[Secret Knowledge of Dodge Trick]
    When one is aware of an attack, it is possible to maneuver in order to avoid it. A Loremaster skilled in this secret is able to recognise the common themes in a number of different defensive stances and tactics, and apply them holistically in a wide-variety of combat situations. (+1 Dodge AC)

[Secret Knowledge of Warding]

The Loremaster is versed in powerful sigils, and is able to inscribe a protective magical ward to shield an area from attack or teleportation.

This secret allows the use of the -ward & -ward teleport commands. (Requires Greater Spell Focus Aburation)

[Secret Knowledge of Summoning]

Being able to summon creatures and beings from beyond the Prime Material Plane is common enough to many spellcasters, but a Loremaster versed in this secret is able to also perform a ritual aimed at bringing a companion directly to their location, over any distance, so long as the target is willing to travel.

This secret allows the use of the -yoink command (Requires Greater Spell Focus Conjuration)

[Secret Knowledge of Scrying]

Whether referred to as Remote Travel, or a form of Astral Projection, the Loremaster, though ancient and carefully guarded meditative and magical techniques is able to concentrate their senses upon a chosen individual, witnessing, undetected, all that they say and do for a short period.

This secret allows the use of the -scry command (Requires Greater Spell Focus Diviniation]

[Secret Knowledge of Domination]

The concentration of one's will to seize control of another being has been to used to great effect over the centuries; casting down the reputation of kings and tyrants alike, urging great generals to sacrifice their forces on a fool's gambit, or simply to force followers to break fealty with their lords & masters. Loremasters skilled in this secret and expert puppeteers, and when using such magic are able to dominate more than one individual at any given time. (Requires Greater Spell Focus Conjuration)

[Secret Knowledge of Evocation]

The desctructive power of magic can be truly devastating, but as any practioner of the arcane know, the more powerful spells of this school can also cause not inconsiderable damage to the caster. A loremaster skilled in this secret takes no 'blowback' damage when casting Hellball & Greater Ruin. (Requires Greater Spell Focus Evocation)

[Secret Knowledge of Illusion]

Loremasters versed in this secret are masters of illusion, and are able to use such magic to create a illusionary version of any individual. While these 'clones' cannot physically harm others, they are otherwise and entirely perfect copy. (Requires Greater Spell Focus - Illusion)

[Secret Knowledge of Necromancy]

There are perhaps few secrets more reviled than those which allow one to animate or summon undead entities, the most powerful of which are normally only granted to the most powerful wizards and clerics. A loremaster with this secret has studied the necromantic arts extensively, and is granted access to theCreate Greater Undead spell.

[Secret Knowledge of Teleportation]

Immediate travel may often be achieved by use of Planar Portals; conduits positioned upon ley-lines or artificially constructed by powerful magics. The main drawback is that this can normally only be achieved by first attuning to both both destination and source, meaning that the travel itself is only possible from specific locations. A Loremaster who has learned this secret is able to open such a conduit from any location, so long as they they have first attunned to their chosen destination.

This secret grants the ability to use the -teleport and -teleport create commands. (Requires Greater Spell Focus Transmutation)

[Secret Knowledge of the Artisan]

Perhaps the most carefully guarded secrets of civilizations and creeds are those that allow the creation of those items that possess a special significance to their people. The Blessed Sickles of druids or the powerful Gnomish Rune Hammers of the Svirfneblin. A Loremaster with this secret is able to research, and ultimiately create any such object, often earning the lasting emnity of those from whom this secret was stolen.

This secret unlocks all class and race specific recipes from Arelith's Crafting System.

[Secret Knowledge of the Mechanical Animator]

This is the secret of Golem Crafting - allowing the Loremaster to contruct a range of powerful Automatons.

[Secret Knowledge of Exploration]

Expert cartographers and explorers, these Loremasters have concentrated much of their learning on the physical discovery of paths and places as yet untrodden.

This Secret allows the Loremaster to gain +100% Experience Point gain from area and portal discoveries.

[Secret Knowledge of Gathering]

A deep understanding of the natural world have left the Loremaster able to siginficantly increase the yield when collecting resources.

This secret allows the Loremaster to receive a 25% increase when collecting plants or common-tier ores, and a 10% bonus when mining high tier ores. The minimum gain for this secret is one extra unit of the resource.

Full details of this and other updates can be seen on our forums.
    2ps8drvlrof2.png

The Big Trap Update
    20/07/10

Danger Dolphin

Most players of Neverwinter Nights know that traps are a core part of the game mechanics, yet have long remained of limited utility on servers such as Arelith.

In the first of a series of updates planned to improve this area of the game, and following feedback from many of our players, the following changes have been made.

- Trap damage now based on d4s to reduce the spike variability

- Player set trap damage now scales with the character's invested Set Trap skill points. Bonuses from items and abilities do not count.

- Traps are still not triggered by party members, but the effects can now hurt them if they are too close to an AoE

- The Set Trap skill can now used for crafting traps if it is higher than the craft trap skill (Temporary, intended to be moved eventually)

- Minor, Average and strong traps set by players have had their damage significantly increased

- If you have detected a trap, the save DC is reduced by 5

- For each 5 levels in Rogue, Assassin, Zhentarim Operative or Harper Scout, the saving throw DC on traps they set is increased by 1

- Traps now show the saving throw of the victim to the player that set the trap in the same way a spell would to a caster

- Traps now report damage and successful stunning effects to the trapper

- Player set tangle traps now entangle instead of slow (You cannot walk/run, but can take other actions)

- Holy traps damage is doubled vs undead

- Holy traps are now AoE in a 10ft radius

- Holy traps now have a reflex save attached

- Spike traps now hobble for 5 rounds on failing the reflex save, similar to a called shot: leg (-4 Dexterity,
    10% Movement speed)

- Sonic traps now only stun for 2 rounds on all tiers, but leave a lingering deafen effect

- Negative traps now have a reflex save to avoid all effects

- Increased scaling for strength drain on negative traps

- Acid splash traps now blind for 2 rounds

- Acid blob traps no long paralyse, but have a lingering damage over time effect

- Trap Stacking: Characters immune to all traps for 2 seconds after stepping on one. Applies only to player set traps.

This is only the beginning, with the eventual aim of making an expert trapper a truly viable choice for player characters. Further feedback, and update notes will be available on our forums.
    3vs9z70pxtyv.png

Brogendenstein - Hall of Legends
    20/07/12

Irongron

There are few races on Arelith more committed to the chronicling of their history than the dwarves of Brogendenstein. Past rulers, their victories & their defeats, the crimes & acts of heroism of their people, all carefully preserved.

Thus, each new generation may come to understand the tale of their ancestors.

These are the Hall of Legends, the centre of their mountain kingdom, and guarded by the Silver Dragon, Darnoth, and home to the great Clan Halls of their chosen Thane and warriors, a place too where the dwarves still convene in great moots to discuss matters of importance to the city.

v70udiuixvba.png

The Mead Hall

This update not only upgrades the Halls of Legends in Brogendenstein, but also sees extensive work on providing new residences for the settlement using a tileset never before utilized on Arelith. Including 6 Clan Halls, and a large guildhouse; The Halls of the Thane.

qg0477ww0z0r.png

A Clan Hall of Brogendenstein

As one of our key starting locations for the server, a further series of updates is planned for Brogendenstein later in the year, once the new city of Guldorand has been finally completed.
  • CrazyEyesCrazyEyes Member Posts: 1
    This server has a really well-made persistent world, one of the best I've ever seen. From a mechanical perspective, it is outstanding. However, sadly, I cannot recommend this to any new players. Why? Because hardcore RP is highly dependent on the community, and when you find the wrong people, you will want to quit the server.

I won't go into too much detail since it's been a while since I've even played on this server. But suffice to say that it is insultingly obvious that certain players' characters matter a lot more than others, and they do not have any qualms whatsoever about destroying (yes, literally destroying) your faction or other community achievements on the server just to forward their Mary Sue/Gary Stu's plot. That's exactly what happened to me and made me quit. They will not even inform you or ask you if it is okay, they will just do it.

If you do play on this server, I would highly recommend making a build that can solo and being a "loner" type character. Don't involve yourself with factions. It has a pretty rich world that is fun to explore. Just be wary of interacting with any higher level characters, especially ones that have high places in society.
    edited August 2020
    ff2i7tys609v.png

The Outpost & Coastal Path
    20/08/23

Bat Country

The Coastal Path, as it arcs across the southeast flank of the Undrenzee in Arelith's middle Underdark complex, has received a major thematic update. The murk and the gloom of that unknowable subterranean sea suffuses the air with an eerie mist, with players passing between ancient salt-encrusted stalagmites and the ruined structures of forgotten powers as they make their way along the rocky coastline.

At the northmost head of the Coastal Path, just beyond the terminus of the Great Scar, is the Outpost. For many years hosting little more than a portal, a small tavern with an enigmatic proprietor, and a secluded prison, a small host of laborers and overseers now begins to re-found and build upon it.

vsgmwwipzfh6.png

A distant buoy floating off the coast

The chief Overseer there, Marigorn of Andunor, is greedy even among Duergar and will gladly take the bribes (sorry, "investments") of passing Andunorians and take into consideration their own desires for the future design of the Outpost. Whether a military waystation, a satellite industrial park, a gathering grounds for occultists and archaeologists, or more, players will have the opportunity to directly influence the shape of what will come.

rmly13yueleh.png

The entrance to the Stingers' winding lair

Full details of this, and other updates can be found on our forums.

3lba1lgcmnz1.png

The High Seas
    20/10/18

Action Replay, Bat Country

(Not every single detail will be explained here as this is already too much text for a huge update. And as always with a big update like this expect bugs and things to change as we tweak going forward. For reference, the words "square," "grid square," and "tile" will be used interchangeably below with regards to the new Naval Grid.)

Ship System 2.0

The Ship System has been completely overhauled. Although there will many elements players will recognize, most of it has changed one way or another. The biggest change here is the move to the Naval Grid, with ships having a physical location on the grid itself to navigate on.

The grid represents the area of the Trackless Sea surrounding Arelith, with Arelith in its center grid square. Arelith's square ("Origin," at 0,0) is considered "safe-waters," and within here you can travel to all Arelith-specific ports as before and still encounter some events like NPC vessels and Locations. However, any Player vs Player ship interaction is disabled within this center-tile.

Outside of the Origin square, we have the wider Trackless Sea: here Ships can now navigate a large grid with fixed landmarks and encounter random events based on the region of the map the ship is currently located at.

The CR of these events will increase with further distance from Arelith at the center. Sailing deep waters is now consistently dangerous, but can also be rewarding as some encounters will only be found so far from friendly coasts.

Player vs Player Ship Combat

The Trackless Sea is open for Player vs Player ship combat, but any direct interaction between ships can only be done if their locations are close enough to each other.

Ships are only valid targets to another ship if they fail a Hide check, and are physically close to one another on the grid. Furthermore, hostile actions such as Grappling and Ship Weaponry are only allowed if a target ship is within 1-tile distance (non-diagonal) of one's current location.

If a ship is diagonal from another ship's location, it may be spotted and one can scout its direction to try and pursue it but it can't be engaged by any hostile means until pursued and directly adjacent again.

Traversing The Naval Grid

lfovr1pnmwiq.png

When sailing outside of Arelith on the Trackless Sea you must choose a Cardinal Direction to move your ship towards. This will move your position between tiles on the map and the duration it takes to travel 1 tile in distance depends on a number of factors:

* A straight Cardinal Direction (North, South, East and West) will have a shorter duration than moving Diagonally (South-West, North-East etc).

* Ship's base Speed skill

* Weather

* Upgrades

* Ship Health

When reaching a new Tile on the map the ship will continue to travel along its given direction automatically and you have to order it to stop in that tile if you wish to stay there. As explaiend above some tiles offers unique landmarks

and events so staying there is always a valid option. The Ship's Navigator lets you plot a Direction.

The In-Game Naval Grid Screen

Spyglass / Vicinity

Another new feature is the Spyglass option. This option lists everything your ship has spotted and found in the surrounding area. It can be a Landmark, Random Event or another Player Ship.

Landmarks are fixed and always spotted when in the same tile and can be docked at (ex.: Red Dragon Island).

Random Events are just that, random, and are based on Tile and Distance from the center tile of Arelith.

Player ship spotting mechanic takes a few things into consideration such as:

* Ship's base Hide skill

* Weather

* How the ship is moving

* Ship Health

* Docked or not

The Spyglass can be accessed from the Navigator and the Navigator will also report any findings each tick.

Ship Weaponry

Some ships can now hold ship weapons. Smaller ships are unable to use weapons but larger ones can and this comes in 4 Tiers:

* Tier 1 - Light Ballista

* Tier 2 - Heavy Ballista

* Tier 3 - Mangonel

* Tier 4 - Bombard

Ships have a Max Tier strength in how weapons can be deployed on them. For instance a Ship with a Max Tier of 3 can hold a Mangonel but not a Bombard. Alternatively It could also hold 3 Light Ballistas (Tier 1) that together becomes a total of a Tier 3 or 1 Light Ballista and 1 Heavy Ballista. This offers different loadouts one can experiment with. The penalty of using weapons on a ship is losing speed. For each Tier strength a ship will lose 7% speed, so a fully maxed weapon loadout at Tier 4 would give a 4 x 7 = 28% penalty to Ship's Speed.

Weapons behaves like fixtures and you simply place them on the Deck of a Ship to make use of them. Each weapon has its own type of projectile that is required to fire them. Valid targets are spotted within a straight, non-diagonal, vicinity of the ship as already explained.

You can always grapple a ship that is within vicinity but the more Health and Speed a target ship has the more difficult it will be to grapple it. Why its always better to weaken a ship first with weapons before grappling.

Upgrades

A ship can be upgraded by spending resources and gold at a Shipwright NPC. Higher Tiers require more rare and sometimes very unique resources or items. Currently we only have two upgrades:

* Hull - Increases a Ship's Hitpoints

* Sails - Increases a Ship's Speed

Rentable ships are excluded from this for now.

Ship Destruction

A ship can be destroyed and sink if its Health goes below 0. When this happens all players on board the ship will fall into the sea much like the "Jump Overboard" feature. A destroyed ship is useless until the next server reset where it will be brought back again. However, the penalty of losing a ship will also decrease all its Upgrades by 1 Tier and destroy any deployed weapons on deck.

You can repair your ship's hull at a Shipwright NPC.

Ship Abilities

Some ships have unique abilities that can be triggered from the Navigator. If a Ship has multiple abilities the cooldown of all abilities will be the last ability activated. Only one ability can be activated at a time. (Ex.: a "Horn Blast" which provides minor buffs to the attacking crew and debuffs to the defending crew.)

Persistant Locations

Ships are now storing their location persistently by Landmark or Dock. Meaning each time a ship reach a new harbor (Not random Location Events) it will spawn there next reset. Rentable ships are excluded from this.

Weather

The weather will change depending on region of the Trackless Sea a ship is currently located at: e.g colder in the North, warmer in the South. Weather has a large impact on many features of the Ship System. For instance a thick fog will make it more difficult to spot ships and target them and tailwind will increase the speed of a ship.

Most ships now have a map placable one can use. Interacting with this map lets you view the Trackless Sea grid and the ship's current location on this grid.

Skiffs

Skiff mechanics has been changed; instead of spawning a useable skiff for each ship at a location there is now instead a useable Dock placeable that everyone can use and it will list all ships currently anchored at this dock. Skiffs will still spawn but instead in the surrounding water purely for immersion purposes. Reason for this is several but mainly because its starting to get crowded with skiff spots and they always caused bugs one way or another mainly by pathfinding issues.

Here's a list of other, smaller, features in this update:

* Ship communication - Ships on the same tile (Outside of the center origin tile) can use the Shout channel to communicate with eachother.

* Cruisers - A new type of NPC controlled ship allowing journeys between two ports. Will see an introduction later this month probably.

* Navy Intel - Has been removed completley, its not used anymore as it doesnt fit the context of the new system.

* Critical Ship Alerts will now alert players below deck or in other areas linked to a ship.

* In general the feedback of the system has been greatly improved, e.g texts and highlights and statuses.

* Prepared for Undrenzee update

* Some new Event Locations. Wish I could've do more of these but this was taking too much time already.

Full details of this update, as usual, can be found on our forums.
    u3b3b9w98z2y.png

New Icons!
    20/10/24

Anatida, Bat Country, Rogue

This huge and exciting QoL update has been in the works for some time, adding new/updated inventory icons (1,145 total), many with corresponding models when dropped in the world. This includes gems, grenade-likes, healing kits, containers, and all miscellaneous small/thin/medium/large items. The icons and models themselves are both sourced from the Vault (and cleaned up/customized as necessary), as well as brand-new, original assets available only on Arelith. No more wondering which of the four items you’ve picked up that all share the same icon!

Distinguishing icons and models for all raw gems and gem dust!
    fhphko4648wq.png

As well as, metal ores and ingots.
    yxydzibaae4x.png

This overhaul also splits "Miscellaneous" items into multiple base item categories both for ease of organization and for building on future updates, and allowing more granular control over item weights, the sounds when picked up/moved in inventory, and other quality of life features and polish.

Because of this, old items from before this update will not automatically change over to the new icons, nor will they stack with new items. These old versions will eventually fall out of circulation, and all new resources gathered/items crafted will use new icons where appropriate, and loot items will be updated over time with the new appearances.

NOTE: If you are able to place the item in a storage bag, then you will be able to remove it with the new item appearance. This will permit stacking for raw materials that can be placed in such a bag.

All crafting recipes will accept either the old or new items.

And speaking of bags; how about being able to visually differentiate them? (cont...)(edited)
    vxzu93jdcy5l.png

Further details on this update can be found on the Announcements forum post, here.

Just a few more pictures:
    vl1s1yjre0i9.png

4bv0wef81vs3.png

9r4z4zjsuww4.png

For more information on Arelith updates see our forums.
    gnzvqa5axqon.png

The Spires Citadel
    20/10/29

Irongron

Close to the peaks of the Darks Spires mountain range, and towering over the base camp, the Spires Citadel is final fortification, and last civilized settlement before one enters the most unforgiving and dangerous region on the Arelith mainland.

Utilizing many new assets available on Arelith, and as a precursor to a series of updates planned for the Dark Spires early in 2021, this is the 3rd castle added to Arelith's Land Brokerage System, whereby player settlements can bid for 5 year leases to control and administer these unique locations.

Following on from our addition of the new 'Leadership' skill it also contains 3 new henchmen, soldiers of the local garrison, that can be used by the owners, in addition to powerful warhorses and a number of player quarters.

vhuoyvb316qs.png

The Approach to the Citadel

419i92vh7r2j.png

A trebuchet ready to fire.

rxleghqbu19r.png

A number of NPC and player shops on the lower floor.

9ys2ogk8p6uc.png

A Banquet Hall

As normal details of this and other update news can be found on our forums.
    lcbr22hw7mul.png

New Class - Invisible Blade
    20/10/29

Zaphiel

"Who is this fool who dares to challenge you in the arena? You brandish a greatsword, and he whips out a dagger. You unsheathe your longsword, and he throws off his armor. You advance menacingly, and he only smiles at you - a big, maniacal grin. Is he mad? Does he have a death wish? No, he is an invisible blade, and you have made the classic mistake of underestimating his prowess. As you fight, he seems almost relaxed, stepping lightly to the side, dodging your blows easily. His eyes note your every move, as though taking mental notes about your style. Then, in the split second when you lower your guard, he exploits your error, plunging his weapon into your heart."

Invisible blades are deadly fighters who prefer to use daggers and related weapons in combat. Their training and techniques with these weapons make them just as lethal as any well-armed fighter. Invisible blades enjoy cultivating misconceptions about the level of danger they present, and they relish any chance to demonstrate that the most unimposing weapons can be the most lethal. Thus, invisible blades are rarely impressed by how mighty their opponents appear.

Familiar to many players of NWN2, Invisible Blade was introduced in Obsidian's 'Mask of the Betrayer' and now developer Zaphiel has brought it to NWN 1. Introduced alongside a new skill 'Sleight-of-hand', and a new weapon type, the class has been community reviewed over the last weeks, and is now being launched in its final version on the live server.

Requirements

Alignment restrictions: None

Skills: Sleight of Hand 6

Feats: Weapon Focus: One Handed Edged, Dodge
    Class Features

Hit die: d8

Proficiencies: No additional proficiencies are gained

Skill points: 4+ int modifier

Class Skills: climb, concentration, craft mastery, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, ride, sleight of hand, spot, tumble

Unavailable feats: scribe scroll, craft wand, weapon specialization

Primary saving throw(s): Reflex

Base attack bonus: +1/level

Special: Class abilities require wearing clothing or light armor. Additionally, class abilities require dual-wielding class weapons (kukri, shortsword, or dagger), a combination of those weapons (like dual-wielding shortsword and dagger), or wielding a class weapon with an empty off-hand.
    Level Progression

Hit points rolls on Arelith are always maximum.

Level BAB Fort Reflex Will Feats HP
    1st 1 0 2 0 Invisible Strike I, Unfettered Defense 8
    2nd 2 0 3 0 Bleeding Wound 16
    3rd 3 1 3 1 Invisible Strike II, Crippling Throw 24
    4th 4 1 4 1 32
    5th 5 1 4 1 Invisible Strike III, Uncanny Feint, Improved Bleeding Wound 40

2gkp0oc0lbdq.png

Arelith Changes

Invisible Strike

Level 1

Whenever the character makes a successful attack against an opponent who is flat-footed, cannot see them, or who is in combat with someone else, the character's blow delivers extra damage. +1d6 sneak attack per feat level.

Note: This feat itself will not grant sneak attacks. Other class appropriate sneak attack feats will be added instead. This is due to engine limitations.

Unfettered Defense

Level 1

Grants +1 deflection AC bonus per base int modifier + 1. Cannot exceed class level. Capped at 4.

Bleeding Wound

Level 2

Activate to deal one stack of bleeding wound for 1 turn, sacrificing 1d6 extra damage that comes from Invisible Strike. Requires a sneak attack.

Note: This is not a Combat Mode and will not deactivate an active Combat Mode

Bleeding wound will cause 1 magical damage per stack every round.
    Dealing more bleeding wounds will refresh the duration of this effect and increase the stack by 1.
    Restoration, Greater Restoration or Healing Kits clears this effect. DC for healing kit is 25 + (Stack size / 2).

Crippling Throw

Level 3

Throw a hidden blade at target's leg. This ability has a 2 turn cooldown.

Applies 3 bleeding wound stacks and 25% movement speed decrease without reflex save.
    Additionally, a Reflex Save is made to avoid further effects. DC is (Invisible Blade levels * 2) + INT modifier + (Sleight of Hand / 3).
    Failed reflex extends duration to 2 rounds and also slow effect is applied.

Uncanny Feint

Level 5

A quick Jab, a thrown pocket of sand, a flash of a knife which seeks no flesh. All to distract and misdirect ones opponent. Whilst usually weaved in with ones offense one truly skilled in misdirection can use this to determine where a foe will swing. An Invisible blade's attempts to feint and misdirect become uncannily impressive and almost supernatural in origin.

Every two rounds Invisible Blade will make a sleight of hand skill check vs current opponent's discipline.
    Upon success, opponent will lose 2 AC.
    If invisible blade changes his opponent, old opponent will gain his AC back.
    If invisible blade fails a check after a successful check, opponent will regain his lost AC.
    Multiple Invisible Blades cannot stack the effect against a single target.

Improved Bleeding Wound

Level 5

Activate to deal three stacks of bleeding wound for 1 turn, sacrificing 3d6 extra damage that comes from invisible strike. Requires a sneak attack.

Note: This is not a Combat Mode and will not deactivate an active Combat Mode

Bleeding wound will cause 1 magical damage per stack every round.
    Dealing more bleeding wounds will refresh the duration of this effect and increase the stack by 1.
    Restoration, Greater Restoration or Healing Kits clears this effect. DC for healing kit is 25 + (Stack size / 2).
    Critical hits leaves 1 stack of bleeding wound. (Combat mode and sneak does not have to be active for a critical hit stack of bleeding wound.)

New Skill - Sleight-of-Hand

Sleight-of-hand (also known as prestidigitation) refers to fine motoric skills of the wrist, hand and fingers, when used by performing artists in different art forms to entertain or manipulate. It is closely associated with card magic, grifting, and stealing.

A character developing ranks in this skill may use it to pick pockets, steal from NPC shops, cheat at card and dice games (With "Loaded Die" or "Spare Deck" Items) and unlock certain conversation options..

* Vanilla pickpocket is completely disabled. New pickpocket ability can be found under class radial. You still need to be trained to use it.

* It is no longer possible to pickpocket items from players only exception of keys. (Keys in keyrings cannot be pickpocket.) Golds can still be pickpocketed. Gold gain is increased and uses following calculation to determine gold amount: D(victim's level * 100). So pickpocketing a 30 level character will result in D3000 gold. If victim doesn't have enough coins, remaining gold will be reduced from victim's bank account. NOTE: This isn't actually intended as gold being lost from the bank account, but rather a representation of having lost expensive scarves, lockets, etc, all those things you're character might be carrying that aren't actual valued, and often irreplaceable inventory items, which was previously the case with this ability.

* Pickpocketed players will receive a notification that they have been pickpocketed after a 60-120s delay.

* Pickpocket is made against the target's Spot skill, if the thief is detected making an attempt, he cannot steal.

* It is no longer possible to pickpocket same character in 24 hour. This means if you pickpocketed Billy, you cannot pickpocket again for 24 hours. This is now enforced with code as well.

* Successful pickpockets against the same character will reduce the gold stolen for successive pickpockets. Eventually, the victim character will not provide any reward to pickpocketers. Every in-game day will gradually increase the gold available.

* You now only need to carry a single blade orb for a (low, but reasonable) base chance of intercepting any successful pickpocket attempt. However, carrying additional blade orbs (even stacked) will further increase this chance.

* Nearby players can now detect any pickpocket attempt from distance with a penalty. It is a spot of observer vs Sleight-of-hand of pickpocketer check. Observer character needs to be within 20 meters of pickpocket victim. Or cannot attempt to detect a pickpocket attempt.

* Pickpocketing hostile NPCs remains same, there is no change done to it.

* Pickpocketing non-hostile NPCs is completely changed and will result in good rewards compared to old system. A pickpocketed NPC cannot be pickpocketed by anyone again for 1 game day. (You will still need to do pickpocket attempt to determine whether NPC was pickpocketed by someone else with the chance of being detected.) Failing a pickpocket attempt will make NPC shout about they being pickpocketed and will put them into wary state. Every failed pickpocket attempt will increase the wariness level of NPC. DC for Sleight-of-hand check will increase based on current wariness level of NPC. Wariness of a NPC will decrease every 1 game day.

Also, failing a pickpocket attempt means pickpocketer is detected by the NPC (same for players).

* If the pickpocket target NPC has a shop, the pickpocketer will attempt to steal an item from shop with a delay between 1 - 10 rounds, continuously (while in this action, you cannot enter to stealth. And moving will cancel the theft process). Upon successful check and stealing the first item, DC for further Sleight-of-hand checks will increase and pickpocketer will receive a random item from the shop.

On any failure, the NPC will shout an alarm. If the NPC belongs to a nation, the pickpocketer will lose access to all merchants of that nation until next reset. Also, if the pickpocketer comes near the merchant that he failed the steal attempt against, NPC will shout about the thief again. Bluff or stealth can help to bypass this.

(It is still pickpocket attempt, I just worded it as steal attempt because it made more sense to me since you are dealing with merchant.)

* New command -observe added. It allows you to observe a character. While observing a character, you get +20 to your spot check for detecting your observation target's pickpocket attempt. Only one character can be observed at any time. Entering this command will put you into targeting mode. Then you just need to select the target you want to observe.

* Characters with 15 base Sleight-of-hand ranks can decide to use loaded die in dice table. They need to have "Loaded Dice" item in their inventory of course. Each ranks in Sleight-of-hand skill gives you 1% chance to swap regular die with loaded ones. This chance cannot exceed 95%. If success, you will able to set desired rolls for two die. In case of success, everyone that is in your 5 meters will roll a spot check against your Sleight-of-hand ranks to detect the dice swap. -observe command will work for this spot check as well and there is no distance penalty.

* Characters will able to cheat on card game with "Spare Deck" item. This is not implemented yet.

New Item - Throwing Dagger
    * Due to current limitations on NWN it is not possible to add in a new throwing weapon type, even with HAKs. On other servers this has only be done by overwriting (and thus losing) an existing ranged weapon. However due to how we structure weapon proficiencies into groups on Arelith this is not necessary for us to introduce throwing daggers. Until such time as the base game is updated to allow custom content of this kind, we will be adding throwing daggers as an ALTERNATIVE APPEARANCE for darts. They will still show up on their own recipes, loot item, and in shops. They will have the same base stats as darts, but any bonus damage applied from weapon tier (steel, damask etc) will be slashing damage. They may also appear in thematic loot drops.

Saltspar
    20/12/27

Bat Country, Kuma

Far removed from the Sargauth River or the Darklake, Andunor enjoys only the most tenuous connection to the mainland Underdark by way of a single stable gyre on the Underdark's treacherous black waters. But thanks to the investment of Andunor's masses, the former Outpost site has given way to an unlikely little bastion of civilization: Saltspar.

Here, mages and thaumaturges and scientists labor behind the glass viewports of Oculus Station to reveal the secrets of the subterranean sea, and confront whatever lies upon it- or beneath it. Shipbuilders work tirelessly at its dockyards in expectation of their success, and interests outside Andunor have taken notice...

New content includes:

- 4 permanent Shops (1 old, 3 new)

- 2 temporary Shops

- 7 new UD-only only Henchmen (designed and written by Kuma)

- Banker and misc. merchants

- In-game dedication to highest investors

- Expansion of the Restful Mind

- 1 Quarter (existing quarter has been redone and is independently ownable)

- 5 Storage Vaults

- Construction of Oculus Station

- 2 Quarters

- Expansion of the Jail (now the "Prison")

- Conversion to a Guildhouse with public lobby

- Anti-teleport area

- 1 Quarter

- 1 publicly-accessible cell

- 3 private cells

- Wisp Sender (for issuing ransom demands!)

- Rename of the Hidden Cove (now 'Steelreef Cove')

- This area will receive additional development with the rest of the Undrenzee

Bonus:

- Total visual and geographic overhaul of the Great Scar

IMPORTANT NOTE: This update splits the former 'Outpost' property into two different bidding properties, bringing the total number of available biddable properties up to five. Neither property confers any control over the Restful Mind or Oculus Station. The two properties are as follows:

Saltspar Holdings:

This property confers control over Saltspar's Prison and its exterior shops.

Steelreef Cove:

This property confers control over Saltspar's Ferry, with access to Steelreef Cove.

Full details on our forums.

Arms & Armour
    21/01/05

Mythic/Merry, DM Grumpycat, DM Starfish, Xerah & Garrbear

A New slew of arms and Heavy armours have found their way to the Isles of Arelith and the dangerous realms below them.

ARMOURS

Commanding Brigandine

This armour consists of small adamantine plates attached to the inside of a thick dragonhide vest with mythril rivets. A bright rogue stone adorns the neck piece of this suit, it bestows mental fortitude and a stronger presence to the wearer. Runic embroidery adorns large swathes of the vest waiting to be filled with power.

Half-Plate (7 + 1 Dexterity Modifier)

Armour Class Bonus : [+4]
    Skill Bonus Intimidate : [+4]

Skill Bonus Leadership : [+4]

Saving Throw bonus : Will [+3]

Immunity to Damage Type : Bludgeoning [5%]

Immunity to Damage Type : Slashing [10%]

Cooldown Reduction : Knight Ability [Oath of Wrath] -1 Turn
    Use Limitation Class : Knight

Runic
    UMD : 45

Jousting Plate

This suit of armour is composed of many different interlocking plates of black metal trimmed in shining gold. Hinges and other such mechanisms are hidden in key areas to enable maximum maneuverability while on horseback while keeping the rider's life and limb safely contained and away from sharpened intruders.

Full Plate (8 +1 Dexterity Modifier)

Immunity to Damage Type : Piercing [5%]

Immunity to Damage Type : Slashing [10%]

Skill Bonus : Ride [+5]

Runic

Use Limitation Class : Cavalier

Sanctified Plate

An impressive suit of Brass and Silver-plated Adamantine. Quenched in waters divine, imparting upon it (un)holy power. Such armour is not worn lightly and carries a fraction of sanctified burden upon its shoulders.

Immunity Damage Type : Slashing [10%]

Skill Bonus : Leadership [+4]

Cast Spell : Aid (3/day CL 8)

Cast Spell : Raise Dead (1/day)

Use Limitation Class : Divine Champion

Bulwark Plate

This sturdy set of armour consists of thick plates of what appears to be a mithril-adamantine alloy with cured dragon hide strapping to keep it all together. The weight of this suit is unusually large and the armour itself thuds when hit rather than the usual metal ringing noise. There are five each of rubies, sapphires and emeralds set at key points in the armour that, when activated, emit a stone like barrier magic to further keep the wearer safe from harm.

Immunity Damage Type : Piercing [5%]

Immunity Damage Type : Bludgeoning [5%]

Ability Bonus : Constitution [+1]

Runic

Class Restriction : Earthkin Defender

Dragonbone Plate

This was originally a set of adamantine full plate. The usual leather strapping and padding has been replaced with sturdy dragon hide, fragments of dragon bone, claw and horn have been skillfully melded into the metal to further strengthen it and a star sapphire has been set at the core of the chest piece to further increase the endurance of this suit. Just wearing this armour is enough to bolster the mind against fear although having bits of bone and claw sticking from your armour tends to look Frightening.

Saving Throw Bonus vs Fear : [+4]

Decreased Ability Score : Charisma [-3]

Runic

UMD : None

Accursed Chains

Through great and vile rites this once blessed armour has been warped into its current form. Rumour has it that bones and magical ivory carved with the names of things better left unspoken are drowned in copious amounts of dragon blood and left to sit for a day and a night.

Once the mixture has fouled sufficiently the blessed armour is heated in a cursed forge before being quenched in the mix and then thoroughly cleaned and dried. But thats just hearsay, right?

Scale Armour (5 +2 Dexterity Modifier)

Armour Class Bonus : [+7]
    Arcane Spell Failure [-15%]
    Ability Bonus : Charisma [+2]
    Use Limitation Class : Hexblade
    Cannot use Divine Shield whilst wearing this Armour
    UMD : 90

Desperado’s Raiment

Flashy and Suave, This brightly coloured shirt draws the eye and distracts in crucial moments. Allowing one to bait their foes, be in on the battlefield, in the tavern or with a worded duel

Cloth Shirt (0 + Unlimited Dexterity Modifier)

Armour Class Bonus : [+3]

Ability Bonus : Dexterity [+1]

Ability Bonus : Intelligence [+1]

Cast Spell : Foxes Cunning 2/day (CL 10)

Skill Bonus : Bluff [+4]

Skill Bonus : Intimidate [+4]

Skill Bonus : Leadership [+4]

Runic

Use Limitation Class : Swashbuckler

SHAMAN ITEMS

Spirit Hide

Swimming with communal chimes and engraved symbols this suit of leather seems draped in otherworldly essence, allowing one to commune more strongly with whomever or whatever they desire.

Studded Leather (3 + 4 Dexterity Modifier)

Armour Class Bonus : [+5]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Shaman [Level 3]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Shaman [Level 4]

Immunity Damage Type : Slashing [5%]

Immunity Damage Type : Positive Energy [5%]

Immunity Damage Type : Negative Energy [5%]

Use Limitation Class : Shaman

Runic

Speakers Visage

These ghastly Masks are often worn by shamans of bestial or wild tribes in far-flung corners of the forgotten realms.

Allowing the wearer to amplify their senses and draw from the source of their shamanic power. Whilst also providing a harrowing helmet in times of battle.
    Ability Bonus : Wisdom [+1]

Armour Class Bonus : [+2]

Armour Class Bonus vs Lawful [+3]

Bonus Spell slot of Level : Shaman [level 4]

Skill Bonus : Concentration [+3]

Use Limitation Class : Shaman

UMD : 30

Shaman Beads

A Shamanic foci, a mixture of stones and charms that allow power to be stored within them, before being released when called upon by the wearer.

Amulet

Ability Bonus : Wisdom [+2]

Bonus Spell slot of Level : Shaman [Level 5]

Bonus Spell slot of Level : Shaman [Level 6]

Skill Bonus : Concentration [+2]

Skill Bonus : Discipline [+1]

Use Limitation : Shaman

Ghostwalker Ring

A simple band engraved with mystical symbols. Entwining power with the afterlife and surroundings, allowing one to store additional magics in these rings. And use them to help commune with the spiritworld around ones self.

Ring

Cast Spell : Ghostly Visage : 3/day (CL 8)

UMD Requirement : 25

Tribal Staff

A Wooden staff with an Tribal totem atop of it. Allowing the bearer to enact shamanistic rituals and spells with fervor.

Magic Staff

UMD : 25

Staff of Spirits

This powerful Focus has been inlaid with numerous charms and ritualistic materials.

Allowing the bearer of this staff to commune with the "Other Side", be that the Astral, elemental or planes of death. It enhances the strength of sheer belief of the shamans bearing it, And allows them to bring life back to the fallen.

Magic Staff

Ability Bonus : Wisdom [+2]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Shaman [Level 6]

Skill Bonus : Concentration [+5]

Cast Spell : Raise Dead (2/day)

Staff of Ghostwalking

A Ritualistic fetish of great power, seeped in negative energies and bound to death.

Bearer of such a deathly totem gains control over unlife, animating minions to serve or even bringing to heel a powerful undead, all whilst enhancing their dire connection and magics.

Magic Staff

Skill Bonus : Concentration [+2]

Cast Spell : Create Greater Undead (1/day) (CL 20)

Cast Spell : Control Undead (1/day) (CL 21)

Use Limitation : Evil

UMD : 40

FAVORED SOUL ITEMS

Concordiant Branch

These staves are often carved from trees not found on the prime plane. Granting them a connection that allows those with similar connections to greater-powers that be, to draw strength more easily.

Magic Staff

Ability Bonus : Charisma [+1]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 3]

Cast Spell : Lesser Planar Binding (1/day) (CL 12)

Use Limitation : Favored Soul

UMD : 25

Greater Concordiant Branch

Former branches of great planar trees. These have been worked and blessed to greatly enhance the bearers connection to the powers that be.

With the strength to call upon a being of the planes, it binds to ones innate tendencies, determining what being may come.
    Magic Staff

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 5]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 6]

Cast Spell : Planar Binding (1/day) (CL 15)

UMD : 50

Sacrament Visage

These Masks adhere to ones face, providing a whimsical or terrifying visage to project outwards.

Weaved of fine metals and padded with silks, they are not only comfortable but practical. Enhancing the ability to stay focused.

Helmet

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 6]

Skill Bonus : Spellcraft [+3]

Communion Chain

These unnasuming Golden-chains seem almost regal when worn. Enchanted to enhance a connection to the greater powers that be, wether malicious or benevolent.

Often found upon the bodies of Ranking Cult-leaders or Zealots, believing themselves more rightious to their causes than the official churches of many dieties.
    Amulet

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 4]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 5]

Skill Bonus : Discipline [+3]

Ring of the Favourable

These bands are steeped in holy magic. Giving one a stronger connection to whichever diety they serve, With easily interchangeable symbols that can often be found in marketplaces across the realms.

Ring

Ability Bonus : Charisma [+1]

Bonus Spell Slot of Level : Favored Soul [Level 2]

Skill Bonus : Spellcraft [+2]

UMD : 20

ADDITIONAL WEAPONS

Kurtulmattok’s (Large and Small)

These fearsome pickaxes are forged from a dark alloy of dragon bone and adamantine. A draconic litany proclaiming vengeance against gnomes is carved into a sturdy bone handle and a softly glowing gem set into the head awaits runic infusion.

(Light and Heavy Pick)

Enhancement Bonus : [+4]

Damage Bonus vs Gnomes : [1d6]

Keen

Runic

Kobold-Crafted Only

Honour Guard Halberd

These Halberds so-often Gilded with gold are utilised en-mass by guards of high-ranking officials whom intend to not only be kept safe, but make a statement whilst under such protection.

Enhancement Bonus : [+3]

Immunity Damage Type : Slashing [5%]

Runic

Steelbreaker Sledge

These hammers known as "Steelbreakers" are far more likely to shatter steel than to break it. Forged after a golem uprising, they rend Metal as easily as snapping twigs.

Maul

Ability Bonus : Strength [+2]

Enhancement Bonus vs Racial Group : Construct [+5]

Damage Bonus vs Racial Type : Construct [2d6 Sonic]

Keen

Gravekeeper’s Repose

These flails often have hidden holes in their heads to act as Censors for priesthoods. Useful as both holy tool and defense,

In particular the Gravekeeper Flails have been adopted by the church of Kelemvor and their creation ordained with the holy mission of destroying rampant undead.

Heavy Flail

Attack Bonus : [+2]

Attack bonus vs Racial Group : Undead [+6]

Damage Bonus : Bludgeoning [+4]

Damage Bonus vs Racial Type : Undead [2d6 Divine]

Dwarven Rune Hammer

A pinnacle of dwarven craftsmanship. No ordinary hammer, this blazing bludgeon has been forged in molten stone, fashioned by dwarven kind.

Sturdy and strong, It carries a grave weight. More than that however- intricate runes have been inscribed upon the head, heft and hilt. With little power themselves, with the aid of a skilled Runemaster or Dweamorlord they may be given a fierce purpose.

Warhammer

Keen

Damage Bonus vs Racial Type : Goblinoids [+4 Fire]

Damage Bonus vs Racial Type : Orc [+4 Fire]

Damage Bonus vs Racial Type : Half Orc [2 Fire]

Runic

Ironwood Lance

A short lance designed to clatter Plated foes from atop horseback. Too long and unwieldy to use on foot, a lance is best used at full charge, and an Ironwood lance only shatters under tremendous near-impossible forces, perfect for not only tournaments. But also real combat.

Large + Small Lances

Damage Bonus : Piercing [+6]

Extra Melee Damage Type : [Bludgeoning]

Keen

Platebreaker’s Lance

These lances are carried by the finest horsemen of the realms. Traveling knights who venture from tourny to tourny, Lances intended to break the plate of their foes.

Due to their heavy enchantments, They were deemed tournament illegal. As such are more often than not located with traveling cavaliers, selling their services to nations.
    Large + Small Lances

Enhancement Bonus : [+5]

Extra Melee Damage Type : [Bludgeoning]

Extra Melee Damage Type : [Slashing]

Massive Criticals [2d8 Damage]

Use Limitation Class : Cavalier

Runic

UMD : 70

Infiltration Belt

These belts of enchanted worked leather allow one to more easily blend into their environment. And thusly also change their appearance thanks to shifting lights.

Often found in the employ of infiltrators such as thieves and assassins, whom do not wish to be identified easily when escaping from places they should not be.

Belt

Dexterity Bonus : [+1]

Cast Spell : Camouflage [1/day] (CL 10)

Skill Bonus : Bluff [+4]

Skill Bonus : Perform [+4]

Runic

For details and feedback, including the full crafting recipes, please see our forums.

Henchmen Update
    21/01/10

Irongron

Following on from last years Leadership Skill update, we have added approximately 40 new, unique henchmen to the module, spread between each of our starting locations, with the following features.

Leadership Requirement

In addition to any other considerations these henchmen each require a different leadership skill value from the PC, depending upon their level and personality. Further to this, a character with especially high leadership will bestow certain bonuses upon them while adventuring.

The Henchmen of Skaljard

Level Range

Each NPC party member will only agree to join a PC if they fall within a certain level range in comparison to their own. Thus far, these additions are largely focused on the low-mid level character tier.

A Share of the Spoils

Most henchmen do not require payment in advance, and instead take a percentage share of any gold discovered on your adventures. This is deducted automatically as the gold itself is spawned. As with the leadership requirement the exact figure is determed by the nature and personality of the NPC, ranging anywhere from 0-50%

The Pirate Henchmen of Sencliff

Unique Personalities

These NPCs are each designed to have their own distinct character and background, with some risking a certain stigma for those who opt to allow them into their company.

The Bardic Update
    21/01/11

Danger Dolphin, Scurvy Cur, Garrbear & Mythic

"More than just musicians and poets, the bards of the Forgotten Realms are also often its historians, chronicling the events as they happen, journeymen artists that live alongside those that shape the future of the Realms.

Bardic magic, its songs and secrets, can inspire heroes to ever greater feats of bravery, incite villains to commit ever more heinous acts. Stirring the mind, body and soul of those who hear to it rise above, and achieve greatness not from without, but within; it is the magic of revelation, and of epiphany."

Guldorand Launch Event
    21/01/12

The Arelith Team

On Valentine's Day Weekend, 2021, and after over two years of development, Arelith will finally be opening its new city of Guldorand. This event will run from Friday the 12th of February, to Monday the 15th.

This city was developed with many of the resources recently updated to Neverwinter Nights, and its release marks not only a significant shift in quality for Arelith, but also a major moment its history.

Overlooking the City of Guldorand

This city includes

Over 100 new areas
    An extensive dungeon, known as the 'Deep Wells'
    Many new creatures
    Six new vessels for Areliths' ship system
    Dozens of new player housing and shops
    A mid-level start position, redeemable with a normal award (see below)

Over the next month we will be releasing details on many of the unique locations, NPCs and other gameplay opportunities associated with the city of Guldorand, much of it accompanied by in game screenshots, in addition to more exclusive paintings and sketches from artist Matheus Graef

An Artillerist mans the bombard overlooking the Beggar's Gate

The Free Award

The Award System on Arelith is a means by which players, when retiring their character can obtain a percentage chance of receiving one of 4 possible awards, allowing the play of rare races, classes other special content. As part of our event we will offering a FREE NORMAL AWARD to every unique Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition CD key. Whether it is players joining Arelith for the first time, or those that have been with us for many years, this will offer the opportunity to play a part of this news story from its very outset, a whole new chapter in the long history of Arelith.

The Map of the City

A Change to Calendar

The addition of the nation state of Guldorand, in its resident factions, embassies and political intrigue moves Arelith closer to the lore and history of the Forgotten Realms than it has ever been.

As such a decision was taken that after spending the last 18 years operating on a separate calendar (Arelith Reckoning) which kept us effectively 'frozen in time' at the date 1371 the time had come to fully synchronize with the Calendar of Harptos, and begin to move forward from 1372, albeit on a somewhat divergent timeline.

This change will be accompanied by a slowing of game time, down from 10x that of the realm world, to 3. As such one game day will be exactly 8 hours. As shown below. (This will NOT affect game character/combat mechanics)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/377190685713104896/798267641080053780/unknown.pngGame Time & Real Time on Arelith

The above change will raise significant questions about how to frame our history up until this point, which will be addressed on our forums in due course.

Further news on the new city will be released on our Home Page (including details of the Guldorand State, the Deep Wells & The Founders' Council) over the next weeks, and on Twitter.

The Elven Quarter of Guldorand

Guldorand Founders' Council
    21/01/19

Irongron, Red Ropes

Representing the vested interests and influential factions of Guldorand, the Founders' Council is the defacto parliament of the city, and the group to which the High Sheriff is answerable. It was they, together, that first funded and built the city, their people which inhabit and run many of its establishment, and their gold which continues to grease the wheels of power, both at home and abroad.
    This disperate, and often fractious, group bring with them their own rivalries, fed by conflicting ambition and intrigue, but it is they, together, that work to ensure the city retains its freedom from tyranny and absolute rule.
    They work together in drafting the Guldorand City Charter, a series of documents, rulings and laws that guarantee liberty to those that make their home there, ensuring that no one group or faction is favoured above any other.

* As with other settlements on Arelith, players may elect its political leader, the High Sheriff, and in doing so take the reins of power. The Guldorand Founders' Council are the influential NPCs, that set the confines of that power, and frequently interact with player either as the leaders of their respective groups, or as members of the council itself.

The Council Members

(From left to right in above image)

Albrecht von Hallenstein

A former Companion of the Pallid Mask, Albrecht von Hallestein journeyed to Arelith alongside the Thayvian delegation to join those of his church the newly built Scrivener's Keep, establishing an order of Crypt Knights, and, somewhat reluctantly, taking the Jergalite place upon the Founders' Council of Guldorand due to his aristocratic background.

Originally from Damara, Albrecht was the 5th son of the Graf von Hallenstein, and abandoned the noble court to join the Jergalite church soon after death of his young wife and infant child. Now in his autumn years, the old man does not speak of this past, save for when clutching their portraits, which hang of a pendant around his neck, as he makes his daily prayers for their safe passage through the afterlife.

While no longer fully capable of combatting the undead, he continues to wear the raiment of a knight, rarely being seen without arms or armour.

Malcolm Kendrick

From the kingdom of Corwell on the isle of Gwynneth, Malcolm Kendrick journeyed to Guldorand to act as the defacto ambassador for Moonshae, representing the interests of his country folk that have settled here, promoting trade, and sitting upon the city's Founders' Council.

Far from a natural politician, Malcolm is a keen outdoorsman and mountaineer, lured to Arelith not by the position, but rather due to its expansive wilderness. Much of the time he is absent from the city, exploring the Skull Crag Mountains or scaling the peaks of the Dark Spires.

He is a personable individual, who while undoubtedly rough around the edges, has proven himself an ally to the city state's tradespeople, labourers and dockworkers, and often champions their interests.

A perennial bachelor, Malcolm's uncommon mixture of ruggedness, titled nobility and common touch has made him something of a heartthrob among many in the city, and despite his limited influence easily the most popular figure on the Founders' Council. With only a modest stipend from Corwell he supplements his income by importing a range of outdoor equipment which he sells from his home within city.

Jahangir Khadem

In his native tongue 'Jahangir' means 'Conqueror of the World', an ironic misnomer for a man, who was, a socially inhibited minor administrator on one of the Iron Throne's less profitable trade routes.

It was only when the organization fell, with it's leaders assassinated, reputation in tatters and the bulk of its assets seized or destroyed, that Jahangir discovered that, even he, was obliged to live up to the lofty name his parents had given him.

Quick thinking, logistical aptitude, and a careful attention to detail allowed him to quickly consolidate what was left of the once powerful mercantile fleet, it's remaining assets and surviving members and shepherd them to Arelith, to aid in the founding of a new settlement upon its northern shore; the city of Guldorand.

The Iron Throne was itself so stranger to region, having had dealings with with the nearby logging camp and village, the precursor to the city itself. With a solid reputation among its populace Jahangir judged it, and distant isle of Arelith it sat upon, to be a tenable location for a new base of operations, albeit on a far lesser scale than the organization was previously used to.

Overseeing trade between the Arelith Archipelago, Moonshae, and Lantan, in addition to a number of smaller isles, Jahangir is keenly aware the future of the Iron Throne hangs on a thread. Despite commanding the largest navy currently based on Arelith, Jahangir is risk averse, nearly to the point of timidity; willing to risk neither ships nor soldiers without no other recourse.

One of the most powerful individuals on Guldorand's Founders' Council, he is often a voice of caution and compromise, a proponent of careful fiscal management and deeply wary of unchecked ambition.

Guldrun of Sundabar

A dwarf from the fortified city of Sundabar in the Silver Marches, Guldrun respresents the Lords' Alliance on the Founders' Council of Guldorand.

Formerly a sergeant in the Stone Shields, the city watch of Sundabar, she came to the attention of the Ruling Master during her investigation of the 'Meat-hook' murders, a string of grizzly crimes committed between 1366 and 1369, which ended in the arrest of the 'Butcher of Baldiver', largely due to her own efforts, and at the cost of her left hand and forearm during their final confrontation.

Dispatched to Guldorand as one of three representatives of the Lords' Alliance, her focus is very much on the city's military, and has frequently been instrumental in securing funding and resources for the Guldorand Garrison.

Forthright, and uncompromising, she is a woman who is nevertheless known to have a tender nature; most notably due to her tutelage of many of city's poorer children who would otherwise be unable to afford an education.

Klara Send, Doomguide

Klara is of clear orcish heritage but has ultimately embraced her humanity (and will show minor disdain for orcbloods who favor the violent, murderous aspect of their heritage). She wears the silver headband that all priests of the Judge of Dead do and the golden edge of her cloak signifies her ultimate ranking within the Church of Kelemvor.

She is a Doomguide within the cult of Lord Kelemvor - having endured years of difficulty and even death itself to better understand and so to better know how to defeat the undead.

She came to organize the reclamation of the land around the city in its early stages and so far leads the Church of Lord Kelemvor in the area - along with the the various funerary and grave-digger guilds in the city.

Anatalania Silden

Arguably the most powerful individual on Guldorand's Founders' Council, the sorceress Anatalania Silden is the appointed consul of Evermeet. Coming from a powerful family in their capital city, Anatalania is directly related to the Speaker of Leuthilspar, a member of the Council of Evermeet.

A charismatic and compassionate woman, she lacks the lofty isolationism common to many of our country-folk, and takes a keen interest in the wellbeing of Arelith's elven population.

Hagar Gursultur, Khazark of the Guldorand Enclave

This the Khazark Hagar of the House Gursultur. This diviner was granted the privilege of establishing an enclave of her home nation of Thay in an undisclosed agreement with the merchants guilds of the dockyard. Since that day her hold within the city has been open to the public - selling cheap arcana to the masses and arcane insight - especially in her specialization of Divination - for the privileged few.

Blaze Abineri

Possessing the rank of 'Blaze' within the Flaming Fist Mercenary Company, Halic Abineri is an officer of considerable experience, and has been a member of the organization for much of his adult life. A veteran of Fort Flame in Anchorome, he was one of few warriors to have survived the original expedition in 1364.

Contracted to protect the city of Guldorand during its construction, Abineri now sits upon the Founders' Council, representing the Flaming Fist's continuining interest in the city-state, both as a branch of its mercenary company, but also an essential supply route to its fortress in the New World.

The City of Guldorand will release on Arelith on Febuary 12th. For more details on Valentine's Weekend Launch Event see or previous news article, or follow us on Twitter.

Guldorand - The State
    21/01/26

Irongron

As we draw closer to the Valentine's Day weekend launch event for Arelith's new city, we continue looking at various aspects of the new city. This time, the instruments of state power, and how characters can play a role in running the city.

THE ELECTED OFFICES

As with player settlements elsewhere on Arelith, characters can register as electors in the city, and take part in regular elections to choose their ruling faction and leader. Guldorand has two such positions, one for the city-state itself, and the other for the autonomous Elven Quarter

The High Sheriff

The ruler of the city state, and the chief executive officer of the Founders' Council. The High Sheriff is responsible not just for the administration and judiciary of the city itself, but all the lands of the city state beyond. It is without doubt the most powerful position in Guldorand. As with all setttment leaders the High Sheriff must specify a ruling faction, and may also approve player characters for members in the City Watch. The Founders' Charter also obliges them to appoint a Lord Marshal to command the Guldorand Garrison (See below)

The Coronal of Myon

Myon is the heart of elven power on Arelith, lying deep within the forests that cover the central isle. One of the oldest settlements on Arelith, their ruler, the Coronal of Myon, is also responsible for the Elven Quarter in the city, with the two connected via a portal at the city's High Elven Hall. While the Coronal has limited authority elsewhere in the city, they are permitted by the Founders' charter to recommend elven members of the Guldorand Garrison.

THE FACTION HOUSES

The two faction houses are extensive buildings in the city, and open only to members of the ruling faction. With a number of valuable resources housed within, they are the defacto seats of player power in the city.

The State Building of Guldorand is home to the ruling player faction.

The Faction House in the Elven Quarter

THE GULDORAND GARRISON

"The ENFORCEMENT OF LAW within the city MUST NEVER be practiced by the soldiers of Guldorand outside of a STATE OF EMERGENCY during TIMES OF WAR.

The STRICT SEPARATION of the GULDORAND GARRISON and CITY WATCH must ALWAYS be respected by the HIGH SHERIFF.

TROOPS MAY NOT DEPLOY within the city, outside of manning the walls and defensive armaments or carrying out the PROTECTION of STATE BUILDINGS.

Members of the Guldorand Garrison have NO AUTHORITY to command the CITIZENRY of the city." - The Founders' Charter

The Garrison House

Charged with defending the city from attack or patrolling the surrounding mountains, the soldiers of Guldorand's Garrison are a popular and reassuring sight for many that call the city home.

While many share a penchant for drinking, gambling, and living lives of excess, such vices are easily forgiven among a populace for whom they willingly lay down their lives; for while the life of a Garrison Soldier is all too often cut short, it is also one defined by the bonds of brotherhood and fraternity, and very few would trade it for anything else.

The Guldorand Garrison are commanded by the Lord Marshal, a player position appointed directly by the High Sheriff, both citizens of Guldorand and Myon may opt to serve in the Garrison, with the approval of the their respective leaders. In addition to commanding a fearsome fighting force on land, the Garrison is also in command of the Guldorand Galleon - the largest warship currently sailing the archipelago.

The Soldiers of the Guldorand Garrison

THE CITY WATCH

Captain Barraclough and the City Watch

"Working long shifts, pursuing petty criminals, and living lives that while punctuated by moments of fleeting drama, are mostly a series of tedious patrols, and uneventful postings.

The Watch routinely interact with the very worst element in the city, and are often obliged to intrude upon the private lives of its citizens and traders. It is little surprise then, that they are an unpopular, if necessary, feature of life within the walls of Guldorand. Sometimes distrusted, often despised; it is a vocation that few find appealing.

Wearing rough uniforms of rigid leather, and carrying distinctive long wooden batons, they are a common sight along the streets and alleyways of the city."

For characters who'd rather forgo military life, a career in the City Watch is always possible. Run by the NPC Captain Barraclough, it is a job that only requires a letter of recommendation from the High Sheriff. The City Watch has no jurisdiction in the Elven Quarter, and will not patrol there.

"The hard-drinking, embittered captain of the Guldorand City Watch is hardly a personable individual, though is nevertheless a dwarf with a keen sense of justice, if not always of law.

A self confesssed 'city dwarf' he has little patience for the haughty culture and pomposity of his mountain dwelling kin, preferring to face the realities of what he considers a complex and uncertain world.

Wearing a long weatherproof coat, and favouring a widebrimmed hat and heavy mace, he is not a natural adminstrator; and will often take to the streets alongside his men, to break up dockside brawls or drag a difficult felon back to the cells."

To see more about the upcoming city, check out our forums, or follow us on Twitter.

Myon - The Twilight Grove
    21/01/31

Irongron

Deep within the Arelith Forest, Myon has been the centre of Elven roleplay for over 15 years on Arelith, relatively unchanged in all that time, it remained one of few areas never to have been replaced or reworked. Having served the players extremely well over the years, it is time to bid it a grateful farewell.

In advance of the new city, it has been rebuit from the ground up, using new NwN content. This area not only reimagines Myon, but adds a number of new areas within the settlement, including the 'Gallery Oak' and a full replacement for the House of Reverie.

The Gallery Oak

The House of Reverie

The Crystal Pools

One of the Balconies overlooking the Twilight Grove

For full details on this update and other news, please visit our forums.

Guldorand - The Deep Wells
    21/02/03

Irongron, Msheeler, Mythic

With just a week until the Valentine's Day Weekend Launch Event for Arelith's new city of Guldorand, we take an extensive look at the 'Deep Wells' beneath the city. Far larger than any similar area on the server, they also have a distinct narrative and utilize a whole new approach to dungeon design on Arelith.

“What are the Deep Wells? I get asked that almost daily...

What they are, exactly, is as mysterious now as it was during the time of Alamsidar, but I can at least share his tale, and in doing so explain why the place has attracted so much attention from Evermeet, and indeed many other moon elves who now flock to the fledgling city of Guldorand and its newly built Elven Quarter.

There is a period in Elven History known as the 'First Flowering' where the first realms of the elves came to exist on Toril, and in one of these realms, that of Shantel Othreier, there existed a tale, or rather a series of them.

They concerned an individual named the 'Shepherd Alamsidar', a great elven sage, leader and explorer who led many of the moon elves to then unexplored corners of Faerûn so that they in turn may settle there.

His stories almost, not exclusively, revolve around his leading a group of moon elves to settle an island 'at the edge of the world', and the discovery of the 'Endless' Wells; the Alwcalala Amaccla.”

“You must understand this all a very long time ago, certainly well over twenty thousand years, and with Shantel Othreier itself destroyed during the Crown Wars, the tales of Shepherd Alamsidar and the Amaccla were a myth, a poorly documented footnote in the history of a dead realm. Those few that studied these stories presumed them to be a fiction, one of the many stories told to the children of Shantar, the Alwcalala Amaccla themselves, were never thought of as a real place, but as a narrative device, and quite frankly they had ever reason to think so."

"You see, the Wells were an endless, almost mystical series of caverns that extended, infinitely – and I do not use that word lightly- beneath the isle. In some tales the Shepherd and his fellowship would discover ancient ruins or strange creatures, while in others the wells took on the quality of a dreamscape – allegorical tales of them meeting themselves, learning great life-lessons or overcoming eldritch powers of the earth. In many the exploration of the Alwcalala Amaccla brought them to different worlds by means of strange portals, or emerging from a cave to find themselves standing beneath 'alien' skies.”

“The riddle as to what they are will likely never be more than theories, but I should start by explaining why both myself, and more importantly the powers of Evermeet became convinced that these were indeed the Amaccla

It was not long into the first excavations of the city that the remains on an ancient Elven settlement were discovered. As I'm sure you can imagine this halted construction for some time, as they were carefully studied. From studying a few inscriptions, fragments of pottery and the like, it was relatively straightforward to classify it as a previously undiscovered colony of Shantel Othreier – a fascinating discovery in its own right, of course, but hardly one to set hearts racing.

It was a few years later, when the sewers and catacombs were being laid that the Deep Wells themselves were discovered. It very soon became clear that much of what they are defied logic. A mixture of natural and artificial caverns that linked ever deeper, seemingly without any unifying purpose.

It was only when an ancient elven burial site of a warrior of Shantel was discovered, one that bore an inscription that she was 'Beloved of Alamsidar' that many came to believe they had discovered the Alwcalala Amaccla.”

“Was it conclusive proof? No, it was argued that the phrase 'Beloved of Alamsidar' merely meant that as a child she loved the tales of him, as many did, or that it referred to another Alamsidar entirely. Still, that all changed when explorers came not only to realise just how far the Wells extended, but began to discover strange portals, some so large they filled entire caverns. These almost entirely matched the tales of the Shepherd Alamsidar that most of the existing doubt was eradicated, and once they were recognised as such by Evermeet resources were poured into the city, and moon elves from all across Toril became coming to settle in the city.

It was around this time that the dangers of the Deep Wells became apparent; the deeper explorers reached the more dangerous they came, culminating in an attack by a Shadow Dragon from the depths. Nowadays exploration is the work of adventurers only, though we have been able to use the power of those portals to construct 'Rods of Recall' to help prevent them becoming lost down there."

"Few of the monsters down there, are native to the Alwcalala Amaccla, but are themselves seemingly either explorers, or unwittingly drawn from far off realms. All are hostile of course, but those able to communicate have indicated they arrived via some unexpected opening or portal.”

“I should probably mention at this stage, that while the exact nature or purpose of the Wells remains a mystery, they do go some way to explain the evolution of Arelith, to be exact the staggering diversity of creatures to be found here. It is highly likely that many have their origin in the Amaccla, and eventually found their way out to populate the larger isle.”

“Ah, of course I knew we'd get to this, you have your own theories on the Deep Wells. Then let's hear them shall we? I can then tell you which others currently have the most traction.”

“The Underdark? That does seem the most obvious answer doesn't it? No, while creatures of the Underdark can be found there from time to time, there is no indication that the Wells intersect with that region of the Underdark beneath Arelith. A good thing too, as if true the people of this city would be staving off drow on a daily basis."

"That it doesn't connect to the Underdark is revealing in itself, and many have inferred from that fact that the Deep Wells are not physically part of Toril at all, at least not in the conventional sense.”

“Well, of course a planar nexus is everyone's second guess, so I'm not surprised you would raise it. In truth it is also one of the most convincing explanations even among the experts, though thus far it cannot be confirmed. Many of the portals discovered in the Wells are inoperative, at least by our explorers, so it is impossible to say just where they lead, while those that do function inevitably lead to other chambers of the Amaccla. Certainly some of the creatures found there do have their origins in other planes, but not all, so it is likely planar travel is but one aspect of an even more complex structure.

It has been posited that what we are dealing with an instance of 'Incremental Planes', which is itself an contentious hypothesis. The general gist of such theories is that certain places do not exist within any single plane, but rather are bore holes between them, the further one travels in either direction the greater the influence of whichever plane one is approaching. The only concrete example of such phenomena are the tunnels left by the god Urdlen, a great while mole that digs its way between the the Golden Hills, the Abyss and the Prime, though the extent and scale of the Amaccla rules out the work of the Crawler Below.”

“Of the current theories three are most dominant. One states that the Alwcalala Amaccla are an artificial construct of some powerful entity or demi-power, one that used the isle of Arelith as its own personal playground in its pre-history, and that the Wells themselves were simply the means by which it would fill it; a menagerie to be called upon as needed whenever it wished to repopulate the play board.

In this explanation the Shepherd Alamsidar and his settlers stumbled into the domain of this old god, and explain both Alamsidar's disappearance and the obvious lack of any such being in modern times as the result of some great battle between the two, that the Shepherd and his fellowship defeated this entity at the cost of their own lives, and in doing so paved the way for the civilisation of Arelith. It's a narrative that plays well with the bards of Guldorand, though has little by way of concrete proof.

Another frequently cited possibility is that the Deep Wells are not the Alwcalala Amaccla at all, but an elaborate hoax perpetrated by some great enemy of Elven kind. Certainly their discovery has lured many elves to this isle, and while it may sound absurd that any trap could ever be so elaborate, it is worth remembering the nature of our world, and the great powers at work here."

"The third most common explanation, and the one I find most convincing, is that, however strange it may appear, there is no mystery at the heart of the Amaccla; that what they appear at face value, is precisely what they are. Not everything requires some great tale to explain away its origin, and the Wells may be a naturally occurring, if poorly understood phenomenon, and that the tales of the Shepherd Alamsidar, while based upon fact, have also been subject to a great deal of creative license.”

“Interestingly, there are those out there still who might remember such times; dragons and other such creatures who had dealings with Arelith long before it had the name. Few are approachable of course, and those that have been asked have reportedly been unable or unwilling to answer any question related to the Amaccla.”

“Anyway, I hope that answered at least some of your questions. If you find yourselves looking for more answers I would suggest you look to the adventurers that now explore them. I expect a great many more theories and tales of the Deep Wells are yet to be told, and more secrets discovered. I too, of course, shall eagerly anticipate them.” - The Alwcalala Amaccla (Deep Wells of Guldorand), as dictated by the High Delver Perdan Carmenor

THE CREATURES OF THE DEEP WELLS

In addition to the chasms themselves the Deep Wells is home to a number of dungeon complexes, and with dozens of new creatures added, many using whole new creature skins to Arelith, there is much for both old and new players to experience.

The Cult of the Dragon

The Doomsayers of the Promised End

ARELITH'S 'ROGUELIKE'

While not procedurally generated, the Deep Wells in Guldorand were largely inspired by the 'Roguelike' games of the 80s, and 90s (Angband, Umoria etc). These games have the character delve into a near infinite dungeon beneath a town, facing unique monsters and using a 'Scroll of Return' when they have reached their limits. The Deeps Wells of Arelith have no easy exit points, no teleport, and are designed to be an endurance test, a dungeon to get lost in. Using our 'Rod of Recall' a player can, at any time, opt to use it and return to the safety of the city above. We will go live with approximately 30 levels of dungeon, and plan to continue adding ever more complex lairs and unique encounters as time goes on.

Angband is one of the most popular 'Roguelike' Dungeon Crawlers

For more information on the new city launch, or other Arelith news please visit or forums, or follow us on Twitter.
    Don't miss out on our Valentines Weekend City Launch and the freebies each unique CD Key gains for logging in with a Character for the event.