Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[IWD2][Crossbow] Number of Attacks shows 2 but actually is still 1 in combat

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
edited June 2020 in Off-Topic
When my level 13 cleric equips a heavy crossbow called Hagnen's Folly, his Attack Modifiers become:
Main Hand: +16/+11
Number of Attacks: 2

But after I tested it in combat, his actual Number of Attacks is still 1 per round (six seconds).

Is that statistics of Attack Modifiers bugged?

Comments

  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,160
    Clerics can't use crossbows and can't get more than 1 APR generally so I'd need more info about mods you're using before I could hazard a guess about what's happening here.

  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Clerics can't use crossbows and can't get more than 1 APR generally so I'd need more info about mods you're using before I could hazard a guess about what's happening here.

    Clerics have the "Simple Weapon, Crossbow" feat so they can use crossbows without penalties. The game is IWD2 and I'm not using any mods.

  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,160
    Ian579 wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Clerics can't use crossbows and can't get more than 1 APR generally so I'd need more info about mods you're using before I could hazard a guess about what's happening here.

    Clerics have the "Simple Weapon, Crossbow" feat so they can use crossbows without penalties. The game is IWD2 and I'm not using any mods.

    Sorry, didn't catch the IWD2 reference. In that case, maybe it's a bug? It's been a long time since I played that game.

  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,160
    Simple weapons might only include light crossbows, not heavy crossbows. I seem to remember mages and sorcerers being able to use lights but not heavys. Just a thought. Like I said, it's been a long time since I played.

  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,833
    Hagnen's Folly is supposed to allow more than 1 APR, unlike other crossbows in IWD2, which force 1 APR. It might be bugged; the devs might have gotten the crossbow to display higher APR but not actually grant the attack rolls. A lot of stuff in IWD2 has weird hardcoded stuff on top of standard IE rules.

    Is it possible you miscounted the actual APR? IWD2 rounds are 7 seconds instead of 6, and humans usually count seconds quickly, and also lose a second by starting at 1 second instead of 0 when they count. If you counted like most people do, you might have ended at 5 seconds instead of 7.

  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2020
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Simple weapons might only include light crossbows, not heavy crossbows. I seem to remember mages and sorcerers being able to use lights but not heavys. Just a thought. Like I said, it's been a long time since I played.

    Both light and heavy crossbows require only the "Simple Weapon, Crossbow" feat, and mages can use the latter.

    semiticgoddess
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2020
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Hagnen's Folly is supposed to allow more than 1 APR, unlike other crossbows in IWD2, which force 1 APR. It might be bugged; the devs might have gotten the crossbow to display higher APR but not actually grant the attack rolls. A lot of stuff in IWD2 has weird hardcoded stuff on top of standard IE rules.

    Is it possible you miscounted the actual APR? IWD2 rounds are 7 seconds instead of 6, and humans usually count seconds quickly, and also lose a second by starting at 1 second instead of 0 when they count. If you counted like most people do, you might have ended at 5 seconds instead of 7.

    I guess it is bugged. Even if I miscounted the actual APR, the second attack should start at about the 3rd second, and I'm sure that it actually starts at the 6th second.

  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,833
    @Ian579: Maybe. Unless, conceivably, IWD2 correctly implements speed factors, which the other IE games don't, in which case the speed factor might be well north of zero and the second attack might not trigger until almost the end of the round. If you did another test, counting attacks in 14 or 21 seconds, we could definitely be sure.

    Ian579
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2020
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @Ian579: Maybe. Unless, conceivably, IWD2 correctly implements speed factors, which the other IE games don't, in which case the speed factor might be well north of zero and the second attack might not trigger until almost the end of the round. If you did another test, counting attacks in 14 or 21 seconds, we could definitely be sure.

    Thanks for the suggestion. I just used the countdown timer on my smartphone to countdown for 21 seconds and had my cleric performed the attacks. This time, the number of attacks is 4.

  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,833
    @Ian579: That's even weirder. Four attacks in 3 rounds doesn't represent either the expected bugged or non-bugged behavior.

    Ian579
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 6,997
    Presumably you've not changed the fps from the default 30?

  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 239
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Presumably you've not changed the fps from the default 30?

    Because I have no idea how that can be changed, I guess not.

  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 6,997
    Ian579 wrote: »
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Presumably you've not changed the fps from the default 30?

    Because I have no idea how that can be changed, I guess not.

    Fine. I presume then that you are at 1 APR. It's possible to get 4 attacks in 21 seconds if you start timing during combat. I'm not really familiar with IWD2, but I think that shares the same initiative mechanic with BG. That introduces a random factor into how quickly attacks are made each round, so if your 21 seconds starts part way through round 1, you could have an attack there as well as another at the start of round 4. I think the 7 seconds per round is also only an approximation, so there's a small amount of variation possible there if you were measuring precisely.

    Ian579
Sign In or Register to comment.