Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Austrian isometric RTwP CRPG [Funded]

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not on my end. Haven't even received a notice that there actually is a hardware survey. Last stand I'm on is that they will not contact the backers before the Beta is ready.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    If they are smart then they release during the home stay period
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Their last KS update said the (delayed) beta will come in June.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    edited May 2020
    Not on my end. Haven't even received a notice that there actually is a hardware survey. Last stand I'm on is that they will not contact the backers before the Beta is ready.

they have confirmed that in their discord. Backer survey is sent to all the beta testers.
    edited May 2020
    Cvijeta wrote: »

they have confirmed that in their discord. Backer survey is sent to all the beta testers.
    That explains it, then. Completely forgot that my tier doesn't even come with the Beta access. And the add-on I choose was the €15 DLC one. No wonder I was left in the dark. Still would've been nice to read via a kickstarter update instead. Given not every backer is overly active on discord.
    It never started any difference between 16 and 19 so I went with 16 as well just to support and eventually get a copy. Do they mention how long beta should last?
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    beta should be either today or tomorrow, tomorrow is curently more likely.
    Release next year with Temple of Alvilmelkedic

First and foremost, thank you for your continuous feedback on the Backer Beta. Thanks to your bug reports and suggestions, we have managed to fix many unknown and subtle bugs and improve the overall experience of playing Black Geyser.

Our studio had several talks lately – both as a team and with our partners and investors. We came to realize that Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has become a bigger project than we ever imagined. Which is a great thing. On the other hand, huge projects require tons of refinements, polishing and Quality Assurance. Black Geyser is no exception. Taking this into account, we have concluded that Black Geyser will be released in early 2021.

Some reward tiers for Kickstarter and Crowdfunding rewards require input from backers. If you have such a reward tier, we will contact you for your input during January. Thank you for your patience!

With launch coming early next year, we are going to start updating you more often. We are getting close and its time to start getting prepared for Black Geyser!

Finally! After 4 months of radio silence we've got another kicktarter update. Early 2021 is the new release window for Black Geyser! And I also like the fact that they are going to post updates more often from now on as well. Gotta bridge the short time somehow 'til release after all.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

First and foremost, thank you for your continuous feedback on the Backer Beta. Thanks to your bug reports and suggestions, we have managed to fix many unknown and subtle bugs and improve the overall experience of playing Black Geyser.

Our studio had several talks lately – both as a team and with our partners and investors. We came to realize that Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has become a bigger project than we ever imagined. Which is a great thing. On the other hand, huge projects require tons of refinements, polishing and Quality Assurance. Black Geyser is no exception. Taking this into account, we have concluded that Black Geyser will be released in early 2021.

Some reward tiers for Kickstarter and Crowdfunding rewards require input from backers. If you have such a reward tier, we will contact you for your input during January. Thank you for your patience!

With launch coming early next year, we are going to start updating you more often. We are getting close and its time to start getting prepared for Black Geyser!

Finally! After 4 months of radio silence we've got another kicktarter update. Early 2021 is the new release window for Black Geyser! And I also like the fact that they are going to post updates more often from now on as well. Gotta bridge the short time somehow 'til release after all.

To be honest I' m thinking that from all isometric games that was made lately (starting from PoE1), this one may be the closest to the old BG series when it comes to look and feel. But I'll try to manage my expectations better this time, don't want to burn myself the same way I did with P:K.
    Cahir wrote: »

To be honest I' m thinking that from all isometric games that was made lately (starting from PoE1), this one may be the closest to the old BG series when it comes to look and feel. But I'll try to manage my expectations better this time, don't want to burn myself the same way I did with P:K.
    Yes that's exactly my sense as well, and why it is the game I have been most looking forward to. The look and feel and playing experience of the original BG games but without D&D rules and mechanics!! That's my perfect spot for a cRPG. :smiley:
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    An gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudGKg6gXDU

I wanna play that game. Necromancer an wintermage seems amazing
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello,

Anyone has been in the backer beta ? If yes, how do you feel about the game ?

The official website states launch is for early 2021... But in a reply on their Facebook page they said that early 2021 means "within the first half of 2021".
    They really have poor communication to their backers. The closer to the finish line, the more you normally communicate progress.
    I expect it to come in April or May.
    lroumen wrote: »
    They really have poor communication to their backers. The closer to the finish line, the more you normally communicate progress.
    I expect it to come in April or May.
    Agreed, but they are nowhere near as bad as the Realms Beyond devs (Ceres Games) who have just simply disappeared without a word.
    The game just now got a KS update. They have acquired an indie publisher for the game. No release date yet, but they keep saying definitely this year. The publisher claims they will now be providing regular updates and public promotions for the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/3181089
    edited May 2021
    It was supposed to be first half of 2021. Who knows how long it will take now... At least there is finally a steam page coming
    The game is finally up on Steam. It is going into EA. Expand the EA section on the store page and read it. There are great details there about what the devs intend for the game before final release in Q1 2022.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1374930/Black_Geyser_Couriers_of_Darkness/
    edited June 2021
    22Q1? They said 21H1 before they got in contact with this V publisher. This is starting to get tedious...

Statement is that early access from the backers gave so much improvement suggestions that they are picking a lot of them up. They do not seem to be ready with the last chapters of the game either. I expected them to be much further into the development stage
    Post edited by lroumen on
    lroumen wrote: »
    22Q1? They said 21H1 before they got in contact with this V publisher. This is starting to get tedious...

Statement is that early access from the backers gave so much improvement suggestions that they are picking a lot of them up. They do not seem to be ready with the last chapters of the game either. I expected them to be much further into the development stage
    22 Q1 for full launch of the game. EA will happen very soon I reckon.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Brian Fargo giving his support to this project:

• DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,570
    Looks very PoE to me from the recent gameplay previews. More Deadfire even. Probably will buy this title after its released in some post-DLC format. I just hope they learn the lesson of not having bullet-spongey combat from those titles, and closer to the intense, high-stakes combat of the IE games.

I should hope so. I remember him prominently backing the game, as did Obsidian folks.

It is easily the best of the new small indie "scratch that IE games itch" cRPGs and is looking fantastic. I don't think it is anything like PoE at all. It is far more like the original IE games.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    kanisatha wrote: »

I should hope so. I remember him prominently backing the game, as did Obsidian folks.

It is easily the best of the new small indie "scratch that IE games itch" cRPGs and is looking fantastic. I don't think it is anything like PoE at all. It is far more like the original IE games.

I would say it looks like a mixture of IE and PoE. Aesthetically it reminds PoE more, but gameplay looks more IE-like. Could be really interesting. I'll keep an eye on it, that's for sure.
    Ah okay. I was thinking of everything about the game except appearance.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I just hope the writing shapes up. That's what set PoE apart from PF Kingmaker, in my book.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This game looks interesting and I'm definitely going to try it one day. RPGs are so rare, we should cherish every RPG game that is being created.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    edited July 2021
    The game looks cool but it demand TOO MUCH RAM/CPU/GPU for a game that is an improved version of baldur's gate.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited August 2021
    Is anyone else excited about this? It has sort of crept up on me but I am intrigued. Bit fed up of the early access approach though and may get it when fully done.
    Early access starts tomorrow apparently. I am very curious how it pans out. I will write some impressions once I'm a bit comfortable with the game.