Skip to content

Continuity

velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
What happens when Dynaheira was perma killed in BG1. Will she be in SoD and if yes, on which level?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited June 2020
    I don't think it spoils anything to say D&D allows nearly anyone to be resurrected at nearly any time for nearly any reason. Obviously what happened in your specific run-through of BG1 won't affect who appears in SoD any more than it affects who appears in BG2.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    jsaving wrote: »
    I don't think it spoils anything to say D&D allows nearly anyone to be resurrected at nearly any time for nearly any reason. Obviously what happened in your specific run-through of BG1 won't affect who appears in SoD any more than it affects who appears in BG2.

Not quite. I've seen reports of npcs that died during BG1 not appearing in SoD.
    sarevok57
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    jsaving wrote: »

Not quite. I've seen reports of npcs that died during BG1 not appearing in SoD.

It would be nice if this was based on game variables. Not sure if it is, but that would be cool. However, doesn't Minsc have specific dialog regarding Dynaheir's death in BG2?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Baeloth dying means that he won’t be in SoD and you can’t get M’Khin as a result
    sarevok57
  • XanadooXanadoo Member Posts: 17
    ilduderino wrote: »
    Baeloth dying means that he won’t be in SoD and you can’t get M’Khin as a result
    Ah, this would explain why I've spent hours wandering around the coast way crossing and can't see anyone around the black pit area :(

I slaughtered Baeloth as soon as he appeared in BG1. Couldn't resist that valuable Robe of the Evil Archmagi, even if it did turn out to be classed as stolen so was tough to sell.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Xanadoo wrote: »
    ilduderino wrote: »
    Ah, this would explain why I've spent hours wandering around the coast way crossing and can't see anyone around the black pit area :(

I slaughtered Baeloth as soon as he appeared in BG1. Couldn't resist that valuable Robe of the Evil Archmagi, even if it did turn out to be classed as stolen so was tough to sell.

if need be, you can sell stolen items to the dude outside of durlags tower ( the merchant guy you meet immediately upon arriving there )
  • SelerelSelerel Member Posts: 172
    I went through this exact thing in my last SOD playthrough. Dynaheir perma-died during BG1/TotSC. Turned into a ghoul during the Aec'Letec fight (didn't know enough at the time on how to avoid it). I only reload if CHARNAME dies so I remember it being quite jarring. But yeah, perma-death, her portrait not in my party, and I killed the ghoul too.

SOD comes along and BOOM there she is in Baldur's Gate at the beginning. The one strange thing, her hair and skin were the same peach/burnt orange color. She didn't have her normal skin/hair colors that she had during BG1. I figured some kind of SOD bug, but now that it comes up, maybe it's a bug related to whether she had perma-died or not? This is secretly how I RPed it in my head ("wow, Minsc must have discovered some crazy resurrection process that miraculously brought her back, but left her body discolored"). Might still be a bug in any case.

FWIW--in my current SOD playthrough--her skin/hair colors are normal (and I remember watching for it). In this playthough, though, she didn't perma-die in my BG1 run. I met her but she was never part of my group.