Skip to content

Necromancers with SCS

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd see how the community feels about Necromancers in BG2 with SCS. Specifically, how much does the lack of illusion spells hamper them? They seem like they'd be a pretty strong class to me, with the save penalties against their more potent spells, and I don't see why I couldn't have another caster handle the illusion spells, but I'd love to hear the opinions of experienced SCS players, as there may be something I'm missing.

Comments

• ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited July 2020
    You'll be missing out on quite a few of the best spells in the game. Mirror Image is self only, as are Mislead, and Project Image. The last one especially would be considered a pretty significant loss for a lot of players.
  • VanDerBergVanDerBerg Member Posts: 217
    Try it out and let me know how you go. I wanted to do my next run of the whole trilogy with a chaotic evil necromancer.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You lose out on some of the best cheese spells. But going Necro won't stop you from being able to complete the game.
  • VanDerBergVanDerBerg Member Posts: 217
    edited July 2020
    You lose out on some of the best cheese spells. But going Necro won't stop you from being able to complete the game.

Then again, you can also load 3 skull traps in a sequencer or do 3x ADHW in contingency with the added -2 saving throw penalty. So, there won't be a lack of opportunities for cheese!