Skip to content

[MOD] Enhanced Edition: Cosmetic Enhancement v1.0.0 released!

Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
edited August 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
v1.0.0 is out!

I am moving discussion for this mod to a new thread under modding/general since this mod is for several games, not just BG2EE. Link to the new thread is below:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80271/mod-enhanced-edition-cosmetic-enhancements-v1-0-0-released/p1?new=1
Post edited by Daeros_Trollkiller on
GusindaAedanLavaDelVortelRaduzielAndreaColomboStummvonBordwehrBlackravenlegotaksinJuliusBorisovAaemforevertoomuchcaffeineTimbo0o0o0

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well done - very appreciated!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Those look fine. Good job!
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Update - I am going to be rewriting this mod, more to come!
    Caszidy
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    the arrows and bolts, except the fire and ice arrows, are so fast and thin that they are hard to see. If possible, I hope you make the arrows and bolts stand out. And I think Gessenbow's arrow is too slow. And the bow color is too plain compared to other weapons. Finally, I hope forstreaver and stonfire will make the colors look nicer. I used Google Translator so please understand if you have any strange sentences
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Please, don't forget about bgt compatibility.

I will see what I can do on this one. Since I'm not really adding strings or dialogue in this one it may be a non-issue.
    legotaksin wrote: »
    the arrows and bolts, except the fire and ice arrows, are so fast and thin that they are hard to see. If possible, I hope you make the arrows and bolts stand out. And I think Gessenbow's arrow is too slow. And the bow color is too plain compared to other weapons. Finally, I hope forstreaver and stonfire will make the colors look nicer. I used Google Translator so please understand if you have any strange sentences

I am addressing the acid arrow's projectile in this mod, and may look into some others, but I doubt I will be slowing them down any. It can certainly be done, but I just don't think it would look right to slow down the arrows, bolts, or bullets any.

For Stonefire, I can add it to the list, however my other mod: SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade, has an upgrade path for it that definintely makes it look better. It's in the v1.0.0 release thats being polished up now.

does forstreaver = Frostreaver Axe? If so, it's already on the list.
    edited February 2020
    Progress on the re-code of this mod is coming along at a much faster pace than I had anticipated!

At present, I have completed revisions of 28 items, and unless I run into any major snags, I believe I will have this one done soon!

A note: while I had not planned to make any functional changes to any items, I did run across one that needed to be fixed. During testing, I discovered that the Larloch's minor drain hit effect on Foebane +5 wasn't healing the weilder - This is because Larloch's Minor Drain itself is broken in the same way in BG2:EE (current release anyway) I took the opportunity to fix both.

If I run across any other blatantly broken item effects, I plan to correct those as well, if possible to do so in a way that doesn't cause other problems.
    Another quick update, one I think folks will really like:

So far, I have completed enhancements on 65 items, and at this point I am pretty much done with the BG2:EE component of this mod. I decided to go ahead and add an optional component to cosmetically enhance some BG1EE + SoD items as well

The most exciting thing, at least for me: I have discovered a way to remove the annoying visuals from the Reflection Shield +1 and Cloak of Mirroring without affecting spells that use the same visual effect.

Maybe I just reinvented the wheel here, but I could *not* find a mod that did this in the way that I have. All other mods that I could find that "fixed" these two items did so in a way that affected spells.

My plan is to include this as an optional component for folks that want to just remove these bothersome effects ( I hate them, personally, and feel they completely ruin both items)
    ronaldo
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi Daeros, you mentioned this mod should be installed before item changing mods. Does that rule include your Sod2Bg2 item upgrade mod as well?
    Thanks
    No, that applies only to the old version of this mod (the one currently still up), which I have left up while I am working on the re-code.

my SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade mod, and the recode of this mod don't require it.

Once I complete the recode and get this mod live for download, I will remove the link to the old version, sorry for any confusion
    Progress continues, and I have added more items from BG2 to my roster of cosmetically enhanced items. One series in particular I didn't think I would be able to make work that way I wanted, but I found a way to make it work.

I am up to 75 items now for BG2:EE that have been enhanced in some way, I'm doing a final review to see if I missed anything obvious, then I will be moving onto BG:EE. I don't expect BG:EE to take as long since the items in that game are more mundane and not highly magical like in BG2.

Depending on how quickly I am able to get through BG1's items, I am considering adding IWD:EE to this mod as well, there are some items in that game that sorely need some attention in the looks department.
    I have completed the BG2:EE portion of this mod and have moved onto BG:EE (w/SoD). There isn't nearly as much to change with BG:EE, so I doubt it will take long before I move onto the IWD:EE component. for the BG1/2 component, I am coding it with EE Trilogy compatibility in mind, and it should hopefully work out well. I haven't played or tried EET yet, so I will need to do some testing with that mod once I get the BG1 portion finished.

I'm not sure how long the IWD portion will take until I start digging into it. IWD, to me, has always been the cold, gritty side of these games, so gear shouldn't be *too* flashy, but it still needs touching up.
    Ludwig_II
    Well, that didn't take long... the BG1:EE components are done!. Moving onto IWD:EE
    Ludwig_II
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I think by mistake you put your other mod's readme instead of this mod's in the zip file.
    Probably so, it is afterall, still in beta :)
    IWD:EE is taking longer than I thought it would. Once I got into it, I saw just how much stuff really needed attention from a cosmetic viewpoint. Steadily progressing....
    i really don't like original item color.
    thanks a lot~
    i really don't like original item color.
    thanks a lot~

I didn't either, and I figured I couldn't have been the only one, which is why I made this mod. I'm glad you like it!
    the IWD portion of this mod has been completed and the new version is up. Enjoy!
    GloomfrostJuliusBorisov
    Version 0.9.2 is up, and includes a new optional component that I think many of you will like!
    GusindaAedanJuliusBorisov
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Daeros_Trollkiller would this mod play along with Item Revisions? How it would interact with IR?
    Cahir wrote: »
    @Daeros_Trollkiller would this mod play along with Item Revisions? How it would interact with IR?

Isn't Item Revisions for non-EE Baldur's Gate 2? My mod is only for EE games.

That being said: my mod simply changes the cosmetics of existing items, and should play well with other item mods unless those mods also modify cosmetics. In which case, you would want to install my mod after the first to get the desired result.

Isn't Item Revisions for non-EE Baldur's Gate 2? My mod is only for EE games.

That being said: my mod simply changes the cosmetics of existing items, and should play well with other item mods unless those mods also modify cosmetics. In which case, you would want to install my mod after the first to get the desired result.

Item Revisions V4 is definitely compatible with BGEE/BG2EE/EET. The only issue I've had with it is that item descriptions were not updated to EE format, so for me it's a bit jarring in EE games.

Since your mod only changes visuals, without changing actual descriptions, it should work in theory with IR. I mean, IIRC, Item Revisions just modifies existing vanilla items, without adding anything new, so your mod should correctly patch all of them. Worth testing, I guess.
    updated main post with a teaser for the upcoming v.1.0.0 release.
    Caszidy
    Oh man, how could I miss this mod? Where in the install order should I put it? I assume after all mods that adds or changes items?
    Oh man, how could I miss this mod? Where in the install order should I put it? I assume after all mods that adds or changes items?

I created this mod with compatibility in mind from the start. It copies and modifies specific existing item files in the supported games, so install order shouldn't make a difference.

The next big update will continue this trend. :wink:
    AaemforeverAedan
    I like your mod. but original black raser is better because it has a blazing effect.
    I like your mod. but original black raser is better because it has a blazing effect.

Actually, in the original release it didn't have that effect, I just returned it to it's original form :smiley: If you would like to return it to it's blazing form, while keeping the rest of the mod, simply delete "miscbc.itm" from your override folder after installing my mod.