Skip to content

I play SCS and I want to try an evil group for a change

I don't enjoy the Dorn or Korgan type of evil. This is the character who are evil just for the pleasure of it. I'm more into Viconias type of evil, the type who simply have the odds against them and are trying to survive in a shitty world. I probably won't be taking her though, I've taken her so many times that I have lost interest.

So I'm resorting to mods. Right now, I have my eye set on Adrian and the Beaurin legacy. I only know them from the overview on the web pages. Adrian is basically a former shadowtheif who is sorry that he got mixed in with Irenicus, and he can be a sorcerer or a cleric/mage (I'm going for C/M I think). The mod recommends that I take Jaheria with him for some reason involving the ToB epilogue.

I don't really know what I'm going to get from Beaurin. She is a an enchanter/theif who wants to get romantic with Edwin, but I don't know if she is a multi or a dual. Overviews says to expect a "hidden NPC", but I don't know what that means. Is that like an additional party member? What can this NPC do? I have to know so that I can plan my group composition. If this extra member is not some sort of fighter I'm going to have a very soft frontline with just Jaheria as the only scrapper NPC of the group. Its no good having 6 people where only 2 at most are any good at hitting things. And since I prefer at least 3 out of 6 to be capable in a melee, I pretty much have to make my bhaalspawn very good at fighting. Maybe a kensai of some type? A kensai is worth 2 Jahieras.

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I haven't tried any of the mods you're looking at, but for your PC you might want to consider fighter/cleric if you're not taking Viccy. You cover both fighting and clerical roles with that character. The Beaurin Legacy has good reviews from what I can see. You can find out more from the project page and forum.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    I haven't tried any of the mods you're looking at, but for your PC you might want to consider fighter/cleric if you're not taking Viccy. You cover both fighting and clerical roles with that character. The Beaurin Legacy has good reviews from what I can see. You can find out more from the project page and forum.

Maybe a kensai/cleric. SCS has given the clerics some insane magic, it's almost as good kensai/mage for how good their defensive magics are. The second NPC of the Beaurin Legacy comes at chapter 6. I will probably wait until that chapter before picking up Edwin too, because BG2 is too big of a game to spend the whole thing with a party that barely changes. So the first half of the game will let me have a flexible roster I think, with 2 rotating NPC spot not filled in by Adrian, Jaheira or Beaurin.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    lollers wrote: »
    SCS has given the clerics some insane magic, it's almost as good kensai/mage for how good their defensive magics are.

I take it you're referring to IWD spells? I haven't tried that yet but I may do so at some point. I hope you have a good game!

• BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    While not *Evil* Haer'Dalis could be a good option. He's Chaotic and works with any party.

Neera is also chaotic and works with an evil party, as a Wild Mage the world is kinda against her too. She also has a big quest and you could romance her if you are into that.

If you're playing a certain kind of evil I suppose you could even take people like Nalia. She would be an easy person to manipulate to ''the dark side''.
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    While not *Evil* Haer'Dalis could be a good option. He's Chaotic and works with any party.

Neera is also chaotic and works with an evil party, as a Wild Mage the world is kinda against her too. She also has a big quest and you could romance her if you are into that.

If you're playing a certain kind of evil I suppose you could even take people like Nalia. She would be an easy person to manipulate to ''the dark side''.

I think I identify closer to evil in baldurs gate to be honest. The kid from candlekeep really gets treated like complete shit and is entitled to grudge.