Skip to content

D'arnise romance mod

Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40
Hello wonderful people! I played the D'arnise romance mod quite a few times, I really like It. But something that turns me off is that there is no TOB content, I used the Reunion mod to have something and assumed that [charname] and Nalia broke up between Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn. Does anyone have an update of the author or the mod? It would really make my day.
Isewein

Comments

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    Its dead.
    Lysandroth390
  • Lysandroth390Lysandroth390 Member Posts: 40
    lollers wrote: »
    Its dead.

Oh well, It happens I guess
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah besides reunion nalia has no more mod content once you get to tob.

i did hear @Skitia may be doing their own take on a nalia romance for tob. once they are done with their own mods and finishing the aerie mod called wings.
    Lysandroth390
    megamike15 wrote: »
    yeah besides reunion nalia has no more mod content once you get to tob.

i did hear @Skitia may be doing their own take on a nalia romance for tob. once they are done with their own mods and finishing the aerie mod called wings.

I can't think on better hands for Nalia romance to be in.
    CaedwyrIsewein
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited July 2020
    That is the plan, yes. I'm surprised no one else has went to finish it. I think because the original author did most saw it as untouchable.

Lysandroth390Fina92
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    For a while it seemed like jcompton would do a ToB part. When it was clear that he wouldn't, it was still his project I guess, and everyone else was busy with own stuff. And then it takes time until someone takes on the project.
    @Skitia jcompton is not out of reach. If you haven't get in contact yet, I could forward a message. I am sure he'll be ok with an addon mod that continues his.
    Lysandroth390StummvonBordwehr
    if i recall he went through some irl stuff that kept him from finishing the mod and never went back to it.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    In my opinion, a compatibility patch of sorts for Reunion would already suffice, inserting some lines acknowledging the romance and providing a proper epilogue. With all her duties to take care of, it is understandable she would not accompany even her betrothed to the Throne, so it doesn't even need a proper ToB expansion really (although that would be awesome, of course).
    Aaemforever
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skitia wrote: »
    That is the plan, yes. I'm surprised no one else has went to finish it. I think because the original author did most saw it as untouchable.

That's aweasome, looking foward to It
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    That's what I meant of course - crossmod integration, not the whole mod.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    jastey wrote: »
    For a while it seemed like jcompton would do a ToB part. When it was clear that he wouldn't, it was still his project I guess, and everyone else was busy with own stuff. And then it takes time until someone takes on the project.
    @Skitia jcompton is not out of reach. If you haven't get in contact yet, I could forward a message. I am sure he'll be ok with an addon mod that continues his.

That would be great if you could forward a message! @jastey . I could connect it a lot more with its SoA counterpart with their blessing (Or at least feel more comfortable doing that.)

I haven't played Reunion. Anyone have a link to it so I can look it up?
    Lysandroth390

That would be great if you could forward a message! @jastey . I could connect it a lot more with its SoA counterpart with their blessing (Or at least feel more comfortable doing that.)

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=189&Itemid=127
    Here is the link for the Reunion mod.i have no contact with the author though.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    I would definitely be up for a @Skitia ToB expansion for this. It’s a great mod, but back in the day it was much more common for mods to not necessarily include ToB...and that takes away some of the playability for me. It’s like- “hey, what happened to my partner? Did that fight in hell give them amnesia?”
    megamike15
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    Yeah, De'Arnise Romance and Keto are two Pocketplane mods that I've always been extra sad that the ToB part never got completed and which has kept me from playing them. There used to be a lot more in that situation, but it looks like most of them eventually got the ToB portion released.
    megamike15SharGuidesMyHand
    in recent years someone else had to go and finish tob content. atlest that was the case for fade and ninde.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    It’s a fine mod, and so a challenging one to give a satisfactory conclusion to I think. In particular Nalia’s changing view of herself as an archmage and a potential member of the Council of Six suggests that her alignment could well alter one way or another, or that the romance itself could be difficult to continue if either or both focuses on their responsibilities rather than their relationship: “ Yeah, I and Gorion’s Ward had a thing going, but it just got so hard to schedule things, my PA could only get a hold of Minsc and you know what he’s like for passing messages on.”
    Lysandroth390ZaxaresIsewein
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    It’s a fine mod, and so a challenging one to give a satisfactory conclusion to I think. In particular Nalia’s changing view of herself as an archmage and a potential member of the Council of Six suggests that her alignment could well alter one way or another, or that the romance itself could be difficult to continue if either or both focuses on their responsibilities rather than their relationship: “ Yeah, I and Gorion’s Ward had a thing going, but it just got so hard to schedule things, my PA could only get a hold of Minsc and you know what he’s like for passing messages on.”

Well, with Viconia romance in TOB you have to persuade her a few times. I think it would be nice to do something similar with Nalia. Plus Nalia is a human and not a pansy elf, so that's three points with me hahahahaha
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Isewein wrote: »
    In my opinion, a compatibility patch of sorts for Reunion would already suffice, inserting some lines acknowledging the romance and providing a proper epilogue. With all her duties to take care of, it is understandable she would not accompany even her betrothed to the Throne, so it doesn't even need a proper ToB expansion really (although that would be awesome, of course).

Please no mod integration, at best make it so that reunion content is acknowledged.

reunion already acknowledges you having a romance with the canon ones and xan. so it's not out of the question.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=189&Itemid=127
    Here is the link for the Reunion mod.i have no contact with the author though.

Dead link