Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Gate70 Poor Lowbar! :'(
    edited July 2020
    histamiini wrote: »
    Hi ya all! I've been playing Cavalier and Inquisitor duo. Cavalier is going to tank, and Inquisitor is going to provide ranged True Sight at least to SoA. Meet Lord and Lady Vanderley's. Used auto-roller to get perfect rolls, and I'm playing with SCS and LoB difficulty. Had to take screenshots with Steam, as with 32:9 the built in mechanic results black bar only left side.

We killed Imoen, Xzar and Montaron for Healing and Speed potions. Picked up the Diamond, Evermemory and killed Neera for the Gem Bag. Killed Algernon for the Charm cloak reducing reputation to 7. 6 would get us fallen. First Invisibility potion from the Beregost manor. Freaking Flaming Fist bothered us, but didn't bother with the Ogrillon's. Ankheg Plate and another Invisibility potion from the manor. From Carnival picked up Fire Giant Strength which was used to get Invulnerability, Invisibility and Heroism potions. Vitiare ranged. Barely killed one Kobold which was our state at the moment, gave the dagger for Revenant and picked fourth Invisibility potion. Gnoll's killed Drizzt for my Bel slicers and Chainmail +4 for my wife.

These are a lawful good couple?? OK killing Xzar and Montaron is fine, but Imoen?! Neera? Algernon? I think this couple need to be sent to the temple of Helm or the Radiant Heart for retraining!! Brage at least had the excuse that he wasn't in control of his own actions.
    histamiiniAerakar
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited July 2020
    These are a lawful good couple??
    It's all relative. o:)

jessejmc
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    “We are the law!”
    AerakarhistamiiniCharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited July 2020
    Good to see you back @CharlestonianTemplar - happy slaughtering >:). It will be interesting to see whether Angmar will prove better at that than the 'good' Vanderley couple ;).
    AerakarhistamiiniCharlestonianTemplar
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    @CharlestonianTemplar Interesting write-up.

Just wondering who the female dwarven defender was.

The NPCs name was Moidre. She is one of five NPCs that are in the Glam Pack.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75389/npc-pack-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-open-beta

CT
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Grond0 wrote: »
    Good to see you back @CharlestonianTemplar - happy slaughtering >:). It will be interesting to see whether Angmar will prove better at that than the 'good' Vanderley couple ;).

I would have been here sooner, but I've been getting slaughtered every time I try a run. :# I usually don't post anything until the PC is at least in Chapter 4, 6 even. Then I have to go back and build the write-ups from my notes. CT
    Grond0
    edited July 2020
    @CharlestonianTemplar Interesting write-up.

Just wondering who the female dwarven defender was.

The NPCs name was Moidre. She is one of five NPCs that are in the Glam Pack.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75389/npc-pack-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-open-beta

CT

Looks like a good pack. I like Vynd and having a defender as well would be good. Currently playing unmodded though.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • jessejmcjessejmc Member Posts: 141
    Not content with that, the skeleton warrior went on the rampage outside as well (pulling it outside loses control over it in my installation, but after transitioning to Beregost and back control is regained), getting a further decent chunk of XP from the wolf pack.

Good to know. I lose control over it in my installation as well (stock BGEE), so I've been moving it outside and bringing the enemies to it. It still fights hostiles that get in range.
    18jp6ggkdtfq.jpg
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    jessejmc wrote: »
    Not content with that, the skeleton warrior went on the rampage outside as well (pulling it outside loses control over it in my installation, but after transitioning to Beregost and back control is regained), getting a further decent chunk of XP from the wolf pack.

Good to know. I lose control over it in my installation as well (stock BGEE), so I've been moving it outside and bringing the enemies to it. It still fights hostiles that get in range.
    18jp6ggkdtfq.jpg

This sort of behavior occurs in quite a few places when you pull charmed creatures through transitions. As far as I know, in all cases going in and out of a party-required area transition will always restore full control (and often the transition doesn't have to be party-required).
    jessejmc
    Journal of Nigel de Naseby
    I picked up Khaled and Jaheira, Xzar and Montaron and took them to Nashkel where they had all asked me to take them. I dropped them on and continued south whereupon I got embroiled in a battle between Dorn and his enemies. He jpoined the party and we then went in search of Krill whom we killed. We dropped Dorn off and he told us he could be found at the FAI.
    In Nashkel we rescued Neera and she has joined the party. WE sold a lot of junk which enabled us to buy a robe of the Good Archmage. Sadly not enough gold to buy a robe of the neutral archmage for Neera. :(
    Grond0jessejmcMantis37Enuhal
    edited August 2020
    Journal of Nigel de Naseby
    See later post on next page.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0jessejmc