Skip to content

Enabling Cheats

red_79_tbirdred_79_tbird Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
Has anyone been successful in accomplishing cheats in BG:EE for Android, but running on Windows 10 via Bluestacks?

I've found the proper file within Bluestacks that needs to be editted, and I've managed to add the string to the .lua fairly easily.

However, within the game, I cannot get the console to open w/ Ctrl+Space. All that happens is that the game just pauses / unpauses.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I have cheats enabled in Android, but not running on an emulator - I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I just use a BT keyboard.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @red_79_tbird,

When I was using Console access via a keyboard (it was v1.3 of the game) , I had to install 'Hacker's Keyboard' from Google Play to get it working properly. Having said that, there are easier ways to get access on Android now:

You could use this GUI method which adds an icon in the bottom right hand corner (details in the thread if you want to move it).

You could use EEUITweaks, with the latest version (3.5.1) having a component to add Console Access by 'long pressing' on the top left icon.

You could use Pocket Play GUI, which depending on you layout you use on Bluestacks (made really for the Phone), allows you to select the Console access by 'Long Press' on the change menu icon.

You can try them all and see which one suits. I have used all and they work fine.
    The EEUITweaks is a mod install so may or may not be what you are after, but the others can just be copied into the override folder. I am using the Pocket Play but the interface is more aligned towards the phone size... Haven't seen it yet on a tablet size.

If you need any further assistance, let me know.
    Gus