Skip to content

Learning Scrolls Game crash

After the recent update. When I click "Learn" from the scrolls it freezes the game and leads to the game crashing. Anyone else experienced this? Please release fix asap.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    What version are you running and on what OS?

The Learn Scroll crash bug was fixed on March 17 in 1.80 Stable 8193.9. If you are on PC, your most recent version will be 1.80 Stable 8193.13 which did not reintroduce the Learn Scroll bug from the previous update.
  • cirjay238cirjay238 Member Posts: 8
    Im playing the latest update on the game from Google Playstore on Android.
  • SapoSapo Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    (Asus Max Pro M1)
    (Android Version 9)

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

I purchased, downloaded and installed NWN and Infinite Dungeons a couple of days ago and, while they run smoothly, 'learning scroll' via long press or dragging from inventory to spell book, both result in instant and permanent screen lock.

It's the only issue I've found on the Android version, though it's most certainly a game killer.

I refrained from posting on Google Play commentary, as I'm confident that the devs won't leave a broken port of such an important title.

Looking forward to updates.
  • qwortyqworty Member Posts: 7
    I am also experiencing this same issue on android since the recent update.
    Version 8193a00006
    79.8193.61[]
  • Zest001Zest001 Member Posts: 9
    Learning spells from a scroll freezes my game.
    Game Version: 8193A00006
    Android Version: 7.0
  • salesninjasalesninja Member Posts: 5
    I am having the same issue on IOS. Playing a rogue/wizard, every time I try to scribe a scroll, it crashes

Additionally once I go into targeting mode with the rod of frost, I can’t cancel out of targeting mode...
  • Maru86Maru86 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having this problem, crashing upon trying to learn a spell. Is there any work-around until this gets addressed? Console commands? Also on Android 8193a00006 79.8193.61
  • IcaroSan21IcaroSan21 Member Posts: 3
    Same thing here with the latest Android version. They fixed the IOS version, but nothing yet for Android. ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hi there! The fix for Android is next on our agenda.
  • IcaroSan21IcaroSan21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there! The fix for Android is next on our agenda.

Thank you for the feedback ?
  • barbocz55barbocz55 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Hi there! Do we have an update on this? Maybe an ETA? :smile:
  • Raexer69Raexer69 Member Posts: 1
    I am having this exact same issue. I purchased this game and all DLC to date but any scroll I try to learn by any method hard locks the game permanently and I have to close the game manually with phone functions. My main character is a wizard so this breaks the game for me. I spent over $200 on this game alone and also purchased BG 1 & 2 EE and IWD EE and DLC content. I bought all these titles and all DLCs on Steam for PC and on mobile through Google Playstore because These are my favorite old RPG's. NwN EE mobile has been broken like this for many months now. Fix this crash bug already for your paying customers, please.