Skip to content

Charming Shank and Corbos

What happens if you charm them in candlekeep before you kill them? Do they have unique dialogue? If not, what dialogue do they have?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited August 2020
    No unique dialogue. In fact, no dialogue at all if it isn't the first time you talk to them.
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2020
    So they just stand there?

Can you pickpocket them in this state? If so, what do you get?

Also, if I charm the nobleman on the upper floor of the Candlekeep inn, could I open his chest without him getting the guards?
    Post edited by Eddard_Stark on
    You should be able to pickpocket their daggers. Not the ones they wield (code DAGGSHIT, 1d2-1 base damage) but the ones they drop, which are in their inventories. That's all they have.

Charming someone to get at the chests they watch ... I've never tried, but it probably works. The script checks for allegiance of anyone in sight.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    You can use charm to loot things, but that's only available to a few characters - but anyone can knock that nobleman unconscious to be able to loot the chest without him calling the guards B).
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    With the nobleman on the upper floor of Candlekeep you can also steal from the chest while he is standing there and then go into the room across the hall and try to hide in the shadows. When the guard is called he just waits for you at the top of the stairs so you can keep attempting to hide in the shadows until you succeed (you will eventually). The you can just stroll past the guard and head downstairs.
    sarevok57
    With the nobleman on the upper floor of Candlekeep you can also steal from the chest while he is standing there and then go into the room across the hall and try to hide in the shadows. When the guard is called he just waits for you at the top of the stairs so you can keep attempting to hide in the shadows until you succeed (you will eventually). The you can just stroll past the guard and head downstairs.

You don't even need to move to do that. If you don't attack him the nobleman remains neutral, despite calling the guard, so you can hide in sight of him.
    Permidion_Stark
    Grond0 wrote: »

You don't even need to move to do that. If you don't attack him the nobleman remains neutral, despite calling the guard, so you can hide in sight of him.

Isn't it easier to hide out of his sight though? I thought the chances of hiding in full view of someone were fairly remote.
    Chances of hiding in sight of an enemy: zero, unless you're a shadowdancer.
    Chances of hiding in sight of a neutral NPC: normal.
    Permidion_Starkborntodie
    jmerry wrote: »
    Chances of hiding in sight of an enemy: zero, unless you're a shadowdancer.
    Chances of hiding in sight of a neutral NPC: normal.

I love this game. Every time I think I know something it turns out I am wrong.

Mind you it does beg the question why the nobleman doesn't turn hostile when you pick the lock on his chest and steal his stuff.
    If you are a thief with good open locks skills then you can also steal a nice gem from the bedroom opposite that nobleman. If you also have a good charisma then, before you do that, talk to the nobleman and his wife downstairs - you can persuade them to put even more gems in that chest for 'safe keeping' :#.
    ThacoBellBalrog99sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Grond0 wrote: »
    If you are a thief with good open locks skills then you can also steal a nice gem from the bedroom opposite that nobleman. If you also have a good charisma then, before you do that, talk to the nobleman and his wife downstairs - you can persuade them to put even more gems in that chest for 'safe keeping' :#.

or if you are a barbarian and can hit at least 21 STR with rage you can eventually break open that chest as well
    Grond0
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    jmerry wrote: »
    You should be able to pickpocket their daggers. Not the ones they wield (code DAGGSHIT, 1d2-1 base damage) but the ones they drop, which are in their inventories. That's all they have.

There's a dagger called Daggshit? Is that some kind of poisoned dagger?
    No poison. It's just that bad.