Skip to content

It is HERE. Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition just launched to the App Store

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1466096721

Grab your iPhone & your sword— we just launched Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition to iOS! We've re-engineered this classic RPG for your iPads & iPhones so you can take your adventures on the go. Take on the original campaign or dive into free & premium DLC adventures in the Forgotten Realms.

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is available now from the App Store for $9.99 USD.

Want to know more? Here's what you can expect from the latest entry in family of Dungeons & Dragons Enhanced Editions.

https://www.beamdog.com/news/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-launches-ios/

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Can I download modules from nw vault with the iOS version?
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Great news! Ordered and will try on 12,9 iPad.

Now please focus also on new premium modules :) or your own PW!!!
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    edited August 2020
    Good work Beamdog.

I am downloading now.

QQ - was the Temple of Lathander bug from DOD on Android fixed in the IOS release?

Seems like it was getting close to a fix release on Android - the last time i checked the support ticket.

** Edit - one other question - is the NWN Store function on delay? **

I get the option to "Customize" but not Purchase in the interface and then the next screen seems to be a package organizer but it is blank in terms of content.
    Post edited by DonCzirr on
    Same with me. No option to purchase premium modules.

Also, would be great if someone who tested the game on iPad could make a video on what is the best way to play on ipad in terms of camera usage, movement... I do not play games on iPad and I have no idea what the "best practice" is.
  • txa1265txa1265 Member Posts: 1
    Also wondering about cross-platform saves ... in the midst of HotU on Android and would love to transfer between platforms!
    Premium modules can be purchased now from the game.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Staran wrote: »

I guess you can’t use any of those tens of thousands of modules and hacks

I guess you can’t use any of those tens of thousands of modules and hacks

Hmm I am not sure how it works... but I hope there will be a way to make it possible.

I tried the game in iPad 12,9 and it plays well. I can see myself playing it while travelling or in bed before sleep. Was not expecting to enjoy it outside PC with big monitor.
    aarionn wrote: »

Yep - now am able to install Daggerford and King Maker.

Tyrants lets me buy but the install does not complete and resets status to Install.

Beamdog - can you please check on that?
    DonCzirr wrote: »

Tyrants lets me buy but the install does not complete and resets status to Install.

Maybe it is still uploading :)

Maybe it is still uploading :)

Perhaps - but it is downloading *something* - same progress as the others with the count down etc - but then winds up with Install - as opposed to Uninstall for DOD and KM.

Does not show up to start the module - which is expected since the installer does not seem to complete from the Store screen.

Anyone else able to fully install and launch Tyrants ?
  • kubajzczkubajzcz Member Posts: 2
    Im curious if there is any option to see/change cdkey on iOS version.
    Update: Tyrants is fine. I had several GB free, but it still wanted more ....

I guess I underestimated the unpacking / install requirements.

Other than that - the game is running smooth as silk.

Performance on my ipad 2017 with 2 GB RAM vs my Samsung Tab A with 3 GB RAM is quite a contrast.

The IOS version is so much smoother and quick - it's almost too quick at times (animations are zippy)

I'll not complain however - the HOTU opening battle with the Drow in the common room which use to chunk along at points on the Android was completely fluid and manageable.

This was worth the wait ....
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535

Performance on my ipad 2017 with 2 GB RAM vs my Samsung Tab A with 3 GB RAM is quite a contrast.

The IOS version is so much smoother and quick - it's almost too quick at times (animations are zippy)

That's great news!
    Are you talking about iPad (5th generation)? If that's the case, then it'll be super smooth on any iPad Pro model...
    Luke93 wrote: »

That's great news!
    Are you talking about iPad (5th generation)? If that's the case, then it'll be super smooth on any iPad Pro model...

I have iPad 12,9 3rd gen. and it is great.
    I have iPad 12,9 3rd gen. and it is great.

That's (pretty?) much powerful than mine (I have iPad Pro 9.7in (2016)).

That's great news!

Yes - that's it.

I was hopeful that it would out perform the Samsung even though it had less RAM. Other elements on the ipAD (chip, video, mem speed etc) must be superior.

Only down side I've noticed so far is that it seems to generate a lot of heat and battery usage compared to other Apps.

Example : ATOM RPG is another IOS game PC port with large maps, 3d acceleration etc and it takes about twice the amount of time to drain the battery when that is running.

This is by no means a deal breaker as I mostly play on the couch with access to a charger but it may be a consideration when out on the road.

Only down side I've noticed so far is that it seems to generate a lot of heat and battery usage compared to other Apps.

Are you playing with all advanced graphics settings on?

Are you playing with all advanced graphics settings on?

I am - but have been instantly spoiled by the great smooth graphics - so bring on the heat ;)
    edited August 2020
    @DonCzirr

How are you handling the zooming in and out?

I got used to left hand "joystick" but I have a problem with zooming in and out all the time and therefore kinda losing time as I need to stop moving in order to use the hands for zooming.
    I'm an old turn based wargamer at heart so frequent stops to adjust and strategize are welcomed by my kind ....

Someone who is more of an ARPG player may have better tips on keeping things flowing than I could offer.
    edited August 2020
    I am - but have been instantly spoiled by the great smooth graphics - so bring on the heat ;)

OK, so it must behave like Company of Heroes or ROME: Total War...

@aarionn , @DonCzirr
    Have you had a chance to play the game with a mouse yet? If so, how does it play?
  • PalindarPalindar Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Looking forward to trying with mouse. Even if it’s the iPad massive cursor I think it would work well. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and found that i can type to chat with other players. But I don’t have the option to press keys for char control like WSAD to drive or Pop up control like I for inventory c for char. Any idea if this will be added to a future IOS version or how to setup the controls to support keyboard beyond chat typing?

OK, so it must behave like Company of Heroes or ROME: Total War...

@aarionn , @DonCzirr
    Have you had a chance to play the game with a mouse yet? If so, how does it play?

Didn't try mouse or keyboard. I leave it when I play on my desktop. I think I will try to learn to control it so I can play while traveling or similar.

Right now trying to get back to my Morrowind playthrough when I am at my desktop.
    I've been playing with the default touch screen controls - which I am very happy with in this version. Android was a bit more "sticky" but this is smooth and avoids the Companion Corner Crunch much better.

In fact, I was playing my Steam PC version (for Aielund Saga) through both of my mobile devices (using Steamlink) and a PC attached mouse and actually found the new IOS touch screen controls more fluid and pleasing .....

You can play modules!

Just download the module as a zip file and in file application you can open it and move module and hacks to the nwn folders.
    Just download the module as a zip file and in file application you can open it and move module and hacks to the nwn folders.

Are you saying you can access the game folder using Files?

Are you saying you can access the game folder using Files?

Yes. Just download the module. Would be good if it is ZIP file as I am not sure files can open 7z or rar. After you unzip, just select file and move it to a specific folder in NWN folder.

Also, what I found out is not to send .mod file over e-mail, because iOS will recognize it as a mpg file and will change the extension to .mpg. In files you can rename a file but cannot change the extension.
    Yes.

That's interesting.
    What about mods then? Did you try installing some mods?
    Yes.

That's interesting.
    What about mods then? Did you try installing some mods?

I just quick tested it with the "The Cave of Songs" module and it works.