Skip to content

iOS nwn:ee problems

Hi there,

I was an old nwn1 player. So when i saw the game i instabuy it.
I saw several problems
-multiplayer is crashing a lot. Especially when i am the server. I’ve the last version of the iPad ..
- the joystick camera view is just wrong . I can’t use my Two thumbs like any other iOS games. It’s like multi touch doesn’t Work
- No french language ? Where is the old languages file ? Can i download them somewhere and use them in the Campaigns ?

Please mighty devs, make this game better for iOS . It deserves it
JuliusBorisovIllustair

Comments

• jerryseverejerrysevere Member Posts: 15
    For the joystick , let the left side of the screen to move the caméra. And the right to move the angle Of vision.
    And let the player Turn view with the right thumb even if the left is pressed on the screen
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited August 2020
    As regards the joystick issue (on Driving Camera Mode), yes I agree. You should still be allowed to move/rotate the camera while using the joystick. At present, you have to release the joystick to be able to rotate the camera. Not game breaking, but it is a legitimate issue nonetheless. Haven’t tried multiplayer.

Re-reading your comment, I can’t replicate what you’re saying. What camera mode are you using?
    Post edited by Illustair on
    JuliusBorisov
  • syntaxyssyntaxys Member Posts: 8
    Same question about language on iOS. Can you tell me please is it possible to change lcv / nwm folders and get localization?

I see andrioid guys can replace this files in path

Android\data\com.beamdog.nwnandroid

I looked throught iTunes but not found any lcv folder, any combination to paste this files not helped.

edited August 2020
    I build russian translation half from the Steam version, half I don't remember where from. Collected from what it was, perhaps this is not the best russian translation, but I think the principle will be the same with any other translation or language. The main menu is a little crooked, yes

You can download it here : https://yadi.sk/d/vr1iYXa9RODOIQ?w=1

How to install for iOS:

0. Connect your tablet to your computer
    1. Open iTunes
    2. Go to shared files
    3. Select NWN: EE
    4. In the root, drop dialog.tlk
    5. Replace the override folder

LyqBQcD_jEg.jpg

OT_G7cdvY1o.jpg

gGY5rpbnqqs.jpg
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovIllustairbezvetrenniy
    Interesting thank you, I’ve to find the French dialog.tlk now :)
    Interesting thank you, I’ve to find the French dialog.tlk now :)

Please let me know if replace dialog.tlk will be enough for translation in French.
    The French dialog.tlk , i have found, stop at 112009. Your file stop at 112067.
    Where can I find the english version to complete my file ?
    Thank you syntaxys , my game is in French now :)

I have downloaded the French tlk from https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/update-nwn-169-hotu-french-missing-entries-mise-à-jour-nwn-169-hotu

I have downloaded the English one from
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67157/server-download-packages-and-docker-support/p1

i merge the two of them with tlk edit

I put it at the root of my nwnee folder. and it works !! :)
    JuliusBorisovIllustair
    l3iyrqicqyn6.png
    syntaxys
    edited August 2020
    Glad to hear that! I hope people who need iOS transliteration wiil find this thread. If you saw where asked about French localization it would be great to post a small manual with builded files)
    Post edited by syntaxys on
    Illustair
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    I'm curious about that first Russian picture. Is there no Russian word for "dwarf"?
    Zwerkules wrote: »
    I'm curious about that first Russian picture. Is there no Russian word for "dwarf"?

But in english version this class also have two words “Dwarven Defender”) Russian dwarf spelled as “дварф”.

• freeqendfreeqend Member Posts: 1
    syntaxys wrote: »
    I build russian translation half from the Steam version, half I don't remember where from. Collected from what it was, perhaps this is not the best russian translation, but I think the principle will be the same with any other translation or language. The main menu is a little crooked, yes

You can download it here : https://yadi.sk/d/vr1iYXa9RODOIQ?w=1

How to install for iOS:

0. Connect your tablet to your computer
    1. Open iTunes
    2. Go to shared files
    3. Select NWN: EE
    4. In the root, drop dialog.tlk
    5. Replace the override folder

LyqBQcD_jEg.jpg

OT_G7cdvY1o.jpg

gGY5rpbnqqs.jpg

This had stopped working since 1.04.
    The fonts are unreadable.
    Is there any other way to add a translition?
  • utwomutwom Member Posts: 3
    Hello.
    After updating the game to 1.0.4, when replacing files according to the instructions above (so that the Russian language would appear), my fonts in the game flew off.
    Reinstallation with subsequent replacement for Russification leads to the same results.
    Is there a way to cure this?
    Does the developer plan to introduce the Russian language in the future?wln724m4wown.jpg
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    utwom wrote: »
    Hello.
    After updating the game to 1.0.4, when replacing files according to the instructions above (so that the Russian language would appear), my fonts in the game flew off.
    Reinstallation with subsequent replacement for Russification leads to the same results.
    Is there a way to cure this?
    Does the developer plan to introduce the Russian language in the future?wln724m4wown.jpg

Hi there! Please use the in-game Options menu, and this unofficial translation will work. Go to Options in the game, search for language -> enter cp1251. The cp1251 setting is required.

For the files, go to Files/On my iPad/NWN/EE -> there you can find all the files just like on the PC.
  • utwomutwom Member Posts: 3
    Hi there! Please use the in-game Options menu, and this unofficial translation will work. Go to Options in the game, search for language -> enter cp1251. The cp1251 setting is required.

For the files, go to Files/On my iPad/NWN/EE -> there you can find all the files just like on the PC.

Thanks! That helped.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    So great to hear that. @utwom if you can, please share this with the rest of the Russian NWN community.