Skip to content

My BG2:EE saved crashed

Before the release of BG3 decided to get to know this universe. I liked the game very much. But there are problems. Starting from the second act, the game crashes and with it a recent save (it all started in the tavern). It is impossible to enter the save, only the save before it. I turned off the Steam cloud save, it does not help.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I tried loading your save file and the game crashed for me too... It seems like your save file got corrupted somehow... Happens sometimes... I don't think there is any way to recover it. I would try reloading that earlier save you mentioned. If it crashes again at the same place there may be some other issue.
  • TonympireTonympire Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    The problem is that now I cannot enter the tavern, and this is a huge layer of gameplay and an interesting story. And this is repeated over and over again. I can try to ignore the tavern and see what happens.
    edited August 2020
    That tavern is quite important to the game... Many quests involve people in there, and it is kinda like your home base. Not sure what would cause the game to crash every time you enter. Maybe try reinstalling the game? I don't recall seeing anything about a crash upon entering the Copper Coronet, so I am not sure what the deal is here...

Do you play the game in Russian? I wonder if that causes any problems...
    edited August 2020
    Odd... I switched my game's language to Russian, and my own saved game crashed upon entering the tavern. When I switched the game back to English, there was no crash and I was able to enter the tavern... Something is probably wrong with the Russian translation of the game somehow. I wouldn't know anything about that, since I can't read Russian anyway. My only suggestion at this point is that maybe you can try playing the game in English, at the very least when you are going into that tavern... I know that may be a pain, but I am not sure what else to suggest.
    JuliusBorisov
    Ok, I asked for some help on this one. Are you using any additional translations or anything other than the official translation? I am told that doing this, or using old translations can cause this issue with the game, because older translations of the game use the wrong file path. I would suggest making a clean install of the game and not using any other translations than the official one. If you do this it should be possible to enter that tavern without issue.
    TonympireJuliusBorisov
    I use the official translation, no game modifications. Now I will try to switch to the English version and see if an error pops up. I will also completely reinstall the game, I hope this helps. If this is due to an error in the official translation, I hope it gets fixed. I will be able to go through the tavern in English, I already know everything there, but I hope that I can continue to play in Russian. Thank you for your help! Sorry for my English, I use a translator.
    I tried to play in English. The game works great! But I can't play fully in English. But I got an idea. If an error pops up, I will just change the language to English from time to time and save on it. Since going to the tavern I switched to Russian and there was no error.
    TressetJuliusBorisovBlackbɨrd