Skip to content

A bit help?

IanisIanis Member Posts: 3
So after like 10-12 years I decided to play BG with few mods, but as I found out there is new version of the game and many mods are not working with it. I don't know how compatible are those which should work. So here is the list of mods which I was thinking about and the question: is this the right order in which they should be installed and if there are going to be issues with this set of mods?

1. BG1 Unfinished Business
2. Dark Side of the Sword Coast
3. BG1NPC
4. Tweaks Anthology
5. Sword Coast Stratagems

Also, is it worth to get EET or BWS nowadays?

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2020
    Hi @Ianis

Welcome to the forum. Are you playing original Baldur's Gate or the Enhanced Editions? So long as you download the latest versions the mods you listed should work fine with the Enhanced Editions.
  • IanisIanis Member Posts: 3
    EE with SoD, I guess I'll just give it a try then, thanks.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2020
    I have just started using EET and I am enjoying it. I have made a thread about my experience with it so far: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80304/a-tale-of-hope-starting-an-eet-playthrough

I found it very straightforward to set up and the instructions are very clear. It advises you on the order in which to install your mods as well. I don't think you need BWS you can just set up EET yourself.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Your mod order seems good.

If you enjoyed BGT in the past, then I'd recommend EET.
  • IanisIanis Member Posts: 3
    I have just started using EET and I am enjoying it.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    If you enjoyed BGT in the past, then I'd recommend EET.

I eventually went for EET and few more mods:

(BG1 NPC Project, BG1 Unfinished Business, Ascension, EET, Spell Revisions, Tower of Deception, Assassinations, Back to Brynnlaw, The Sellswords, Fishing for Trouble, TeamBG's Armours and Weapons for EET, Xan, Alora, Tiax, Foundling: Between the Shades, Branwen, Jan's Extended Quest, Coran, UnfinishedBusiness, Ajantis for BG2, Tweaks Anthology, Sword Coast Stratagems)

So far no issues.

Used EET Install Tool, ngl it was quite helpful.