Skip to content

Imoen quotes I haven't heard in the game

I was listening to this collection of character sounds from BG1 when I came across a couple of quotes from Imoen that I haven't heard before. One, starting at 19:03 is "I told you 'twas Eldoth that done the deeds" and the second, starting at 19:16 sounds something like "Good to see you rum dukes again" (or it might be "rum dicks" I honestly can't tell).

I'm guessing the second one comes if you ask her to rejoin the party (I don't know because I've never kicked her out) but I was wondering when the Eldoth quote turns up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlQCRwkeB8

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That Eldoth line was from before the game was finished. Imoen was originally just a tutorial character in Candlekeep, not a companion. Eldoth was a guard iirc.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Imoen quotes I have heard in the game:
    Heya, it's me, Imoen!
    Uwaaoohhaahh

Imoen quotes I have never heard in the game:
    Everything else that she says

I will continue my father's work!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @Very_BigSword you are a very bad man.

So can you actually murder Imoen in front of the Library and then stroll over to Gorion and say: "I'm ready to go right now." I couldn't bring myself to do it but it would be funny.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited August 2020
    @Very_BigSword you are a very bad man.

So can you actually murder Imoen in front of the Library and then stroll over to Gorion and say: "I'm ready to go right now." I couldn't bring myself to do it but it would be funny.

I'm pretty sure Gorion will use his insta-death lightning on your ass if you kill Imoen in Candlekeep. She does use the same line when she first meets you outside, however, so the dialog line would be the same...

Edit: now I'm wondering if you 'ctrl-q' Candlekeep Imoen into your party, can you still add outside Imoen to your party? If so, twin Imoens!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Balrog99 Probably, those are two completely different Imoens.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2020
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Edit: now I'm wondering if you 'ctrl-q' Candlekeep Imoen into your party, can you still add outside Imoen to your party? If so, twin Imoens!

Twin Imoens! Now you're talking. Twice the Imoen, twice the fun!
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Balrog99 wrote: »

Twin Imoens! Now you're talking. Twice the Imoen, twice the fun!

Well this could change my game experience entirely!
    "Heya, it's me, Imoen! Uwaaoohhaahh"
    "Mutton mongering riff raff"