Skip to content

Mod: Remove "Stone/Steel" color from Stoneskin Spell?

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Hello all,

I'm trying to see if anyone's ever created a mod that makes it so that your mage doesn't change color when he/she casts stoneskin to that steel-grey and keep his normal colors?

I recall there was a big mod that did it, but you couldn't just get the stoneskin - you had to take the whole mod and it was extensive.

Anyone know of a mod that just changes stoneskin or includes it as a stand-alone option?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It can be done by way of EEex. However, it's currently not as easy as just installing a mod -- you'll need to know your way around spell editing.

In essence, the way this was done in vanilla BG was by use of ToBEx, which altered the exe file to remove the colour change associated with stoneskin (which is why you needed the base ToBEx to get the stoneskin part). EEex has made this -- and a lot of other things that were out of reach for many years -- possible for the enhanced editions as well, but the way of utilizing it is a bit more complicated.
    Bubb
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Shin wrote: »
    It can be done by way of EEex. However, it's currently not as easy as just installing a mod

And now it is. Thanks!

Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Bubb wrote: »
    EEex is a bit excessive for a one-byte patch. Here's a quick WeiDU mod for Windows executables that disables stoneskin's color tint. (Works on BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE)

@Bubb you are my hero, thanks!
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    EEex is a bit excessive for a one-byte patch. Here's a quick WeiDU mod for Windows executables that disables stoneskin's color tint. (Works on BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE)

@Bubb Amazing!! I've been searching for this for a long time. One question: Will this work with EET?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    tl1942 wrote: »

@Bubb Amazing!! I've been searching for this for a long time. One question: Will this work with EET?

I use it with EET and it works fine.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Weird, I've got the old version and it works fine with 2.6
    @Bubb

I've been using the 2.5 tweak but I have just updated to 2.6 and tried downloading the new version but I can get the file to unzip on a Mac. Is that because I need to disable SIP to install it?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 999
    @Permidion_Stark: I think I made the zip with settings too aggressive for some unzipping programs. I've reuploaded it using the default compression options.

As for SIP, it's unrelated to that issue, but I did have to disable it on my Mac to prevent the game from being killed by the OS.
    Permidion_Stark
    edited July 2021
    @Bubb

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it. I will download it now and give it another go.

Edit: It installed fine using the Mac Weidu launcher and I didn't have to adjust any security settings
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @Bubb I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

I simply can no longer imagine playing Baldur's Gate without this mod. Please know, this is deeply appreciated!
    Permidion_Stark
    @Bubb

I installed the mod but I ran into a problem: the game crashed when Firebead cast Protection from Evil on the charname in Candlekeep (it also crashed when my paladin charname cast Protection from Evil on himself). I am playing EET and I have got several mods installed but this was definitely the one that caused the problem since it only started once I had installed the mod and it went away when I removed it.