Skip to content

[(BG1) INCONSISTENCY] Text appearing in the battle log after flooding the Cloakwood mine.

TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Problem: When you automatically exit the mine after flooding it you get the following text in the battle log:

"Dradeel- You have opened the seal and therefore flooded the Cloakwood mines. Barely escaping the onrushing waters, you are proud to have dealt a greivous blow to the Iron Throne. You do feel some guilt from the loss of life that the flood must have caused, but then, in your mind there was little choice."

I don't know who this Dradeel guy is. He's no NPC in the vicinity of the exit and the text itself seems like the narrator talking. Its also pretty redundant with the text of the journal entry that you receive at the time too.

Expected Behaviour: Probably better to remove that line entirely.

NOTE: I forgot to mention that this problem existed in vanilla BG1 too.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Dradeel is also in TotSC. I would vote remove just as Dudleyville did.
    AR1800.BCS

Dradeel, AR1800 - acts as narrator after the mines are flooded but he unnecessarily duplicates the Freed Slave's appearance and journal entry and could not be in Cloakwood and on the distant Isle of Balduran at the same time.
    Remove action CreateCreature("NARRAT",[3099.722],0) // Dradeel.
    This is how EasyTutu solved the problem.
    The "you have flooded the mines" textual narration which occurs after flooding the Cloakwood mine is now delivered via the message window, instead of through a dialog with an invisible nameless creature.
    Take your pick.
    I vote Dudley as the dialogue mentions you feel guilt but then an evil probably wouldn't. But whatever really...
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - Removed Dradeel from the bcs
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Looks fixed for me.

After flooding the mines Dradeel's disembodied voice no longer narrates our good deed.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Moving this one to Confirmed Fixed.