I am playing the last version of BGEE that available in Steam (not Beta). Yesterday I found a bug that makes me upset and very sad at the same moment.
I am using Neera as a wild mage for my current run. When I tried to cast Fireshield (tested with both of them, Red and Blue) via Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, I am always getting "Spell cast normally" as Wild Surge result
. Before post this, I make 30 attempts in a row so it can't be just "bad" luck or something.
Some additional details:
- both spells were learned in a legal way, by scrolls that I obtained during my run (I mean not by EE Keeper or console)
- Fireshield (Blue) - I got after killing Resar
- Fireshield (Red) - I got after killing Kysus
I made some searches from different BG forums and almost found nothing related to this issue.
A Wild Surge triggers upon casting completion, after the spells global effects, but before the spells projectile is fired. Any thing that modifies the surge or roll must be active at that moment.
The Chaos Shield spells provide a passive bonus to the Wild Surge rolls through opcode 281, they are always active, and they have no direct interaction with NRD.
NRD just forces the next (valid) spell to roll a wild surge, through opcode 280, param2=1.
The Chaos Shield effect (opcode 199) makes the next 'Amount' (valid) spells invalid for surges, and displays a feedback message each time it does. Such spells do not count as the "next (valid) spell" for [opcode 280, Param2=1](NRD).
* Valid spells being those not flagged with bits 14(Ignore Dead/Wild Magic) or 15(Ignore Wild Surge).
* It also ignores spells cast instantly, through ability target mode 7 (Caster, Keep spell / no Animation), the various ReallyForceSpell() actions, or through opcodes (258/260/232/326/333, 146/148 when param2 >0).
What is it you're trying to accomplish?
So I checked both spells by NearInfinity and EE Keeper
- Neera using SPWI403 and SPWI418 versions
- Game contains also SPWI403D and SPWI418D versions (they has the same description but different icon and some other minor changes, but I do not have a lot experience to understand the details of them)
- Flags like "Ignore Dead/Wild Magic" or "Ignore Wild Surge" not set for all of them
And.. I am completely don't know what to do! But to finish my last run, it's strongly needed to get it works (I stuck with all of this by staying at Temple of Bhaal)! So plz, help me if it's possible!
A few of my thoughts - the actual issue can be that both of these spells were missing from some table (or list) that's used by Wild Surge code? Or probably someone make mistake and SPWI403D/SPWI418D versions were put there instead of right?@kjeron @OlvynChuru @argent77 @Bubb
FYI (sorry for ping, but you guys my last hope)