Skip to content

Is there a way to increase the BG2 maximum number of wizard eye effect (268) holders?

fvig2001fvig2001 Member Posts: 8
edited September 2020 in General Modding
So I am modding the game like crazy and I noticed that the effect used by wizard eyes can only be used by up to like 2 creatures at a time. So it's usually familiar + wizard eye. This effect is primarily used to allow a creature to explore the map alone while clearing fog of war. Is there a way to increase the limit? If the limit is exceeded, the affected characters can still clear fog of war but it acts like no one is there (area still dark and NPC creatures are not shown).

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @Bubb
    ? I would love this too
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    The only hard limit I see is an array that can hold a max of 15 "explorers". Still seems higher than the limit the OP is hitting, though.
    Bubb wrote: »
    The only hard limit I see is an array that can hold a max of 15 "explorers". Still seems higher than the limit the OP is hitting, though.

Iirc @CamDawg confirmed a hard limit of ~8 for players, including npcs. I think he said that the others were reserved (e.g. for cutscenes without the pc)
    I think this is something @OlvynChuru would be interested in as well (for e.g. beast sense)