Skip to content

Can you launch Baldur's Gate 2.6.0.1 on Steam for Windows or macOS?

2»

Comments

• GlaciaruzGlaciaruz Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2020
    We're still blocked. Waiting for the hardware to arrive. So no progress on the beta for now.

Hi JuliusBorisov.
    Thanks for the info, but what does "blocked by the build system" means, and when will the hardware approx. arrive so that the work on the patch 2.6 can continue?
    How much of a delay are we approx. talking about when it comes to releasing the patch 2.6, and after the release are you planning on patching both Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition as well as fixing the bugs in all of the console releases of all of the enhanced editions? The console version in particular are having problems e.g.: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77651/ps4-patch-ps-t-is-completely-broken#latest
  • cha0z_cha0z_ Member Posts: 27
    Glaciaruz wrote: »
    We're still blocked. Waiting for the hardware to arrive. So no progress on the beta for now.

Hi JuliusBorisov.
    Thanks for the info, but what does "blocked by the build system" means, and when will the hardware approx. arrive so that the work on the patch 2.6 can continue?
    How much of a delay are we approx. talking about when it comes to releasing the patch 2.6, and after the release are you planning on patching both Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition as well as fixing the bugs in all of the console releases of all of the enhanced editions? The console version in particular are having problems e.g.: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77651/ps4-patch-ps-t-is-completely-broken#latest

Server/network hardware takes time to arrive, now more than usual and usual can mean month and more, even if you are in relative hurry. Depends if they have it in storage from where you are buying it from, but that's really rare and clearly not the case here. Be patient.
  • Kookies4LaifKookies4Laif Member Posts: 24
    So it sounds like 2.6 is not actually dead? But delayed? Yes? Hopefully? ?

And if so, any work being done on graphical issues, like lines through spell animations and tiles?
    GlaciaruzRomeo_Red
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Why not Linux? :P
    Kamigoroshi
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'm on macOS 10.12.6, can't get the game to launch. Crashes with this message, attached is the crash dump.
    dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _objc_alloc_init
      Referenced from: /Users/nico/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/MacOS/./BaldursGate-macOS
      Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _objc_alloc_init
      Referenced from: /Users/nico/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/MacOS/./BaldursGate-macOS
      Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Works fine on Windows 10 laptop. Says 2.6.0.2 and seems to function normally when I load an old save.
    JuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    @koteko there's a known issue from the previous round of boot testing where GNU/Linux builds simply refused to launch. GNU/Linux testing is suspended until Beamdog gets that cleared up (hopefully for 2.6.0.4)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @CrevsDaak Would it be possible for you to upgrade from macOS 10.12 to 10.15 and check again?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2020
    @CrevsDaak Would it be possible for you to upgrade from macOS 10.12 to 10.15 and check again?
    I doubt it. While that might make the game run on my system I'm not going to update macOS since I don't find any of the changes made in its newer versions appealing. I'm going to try out the game on Windows 10 and test on that platform instead, since I'm quite certain it'll work well on it.

Edit: game runs perfectly fine on Win10. No problems so far.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    Losgorn
  • 1030ooo1030ooo Member Posts: 4
    Please make Patch 2.6 compatible with MacOS 10.12.6.
    Thank

• GlaciaruzGlaciaruz Member Posts: 11
    Hi CameronTofer/JuliusBorisov.
    It's 15 days since JuliusBorisov gave a response to another forum members question - although he didn't answer mine which is quite dissappointing indeed - and it's now October, so what's the status of patch 2.6 for BG:EE, and how long will it approx. to finish the patch 2.6 for BGII:EE and IWD:EE after the final release of 2.6 for BG:EE. Speaking of final release will 2.6 be the final patch for the enhanced editions of the Infinity Engine games?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yeah, sorry that there is no answer yet. We hope we'll be able to provide more information soon, but for now-- please bear with us a little bit longer.
    WarChiefZeke
  • rephilrephil Member Posts: 1
    I'm not sure if its the right place to give this feedback. If not, i'm sorry.

If Microsoft Outlook is running in the background and you get a mail, the game freezes/crashes. (Happened multiple times.)

I'm using:

Baldurs Gate Version 2.6.0.2 (with Steam)

Windows 10 pro 64bit 1909 18363.1082
    Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
    Outlook 2008 13127.20408

Mainboard: Asus Rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
    Graphics: Nvivia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (driver 446.14)
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    rephil wrote: »
    I'm not sure if its the right place to give this feedback. If not, i'm sorry.

If Microsoft Outlook is running in the background and you get a mail, the game freezes/crashes. (Happened multiple times.)

I'm using:

Baldurs Gate Version 2.6.0.2 (with Steam)

Windows 10 pro 64bit 1909 18363.1082
    Microsoft 365 Apps for Business
    Outlook 2008 13127.20408

Mainboard: Asus Rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
    Graphics: Nvivia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (driver 446.14)

If you have Office 365 can't you just upgrade to the latest Outlook? Outlook 2008 will be depreciated soon.

Login to Office.com with your account and you should see the install office option in the top right corner.

Not sure if it will fix this issue but I have had to do this with plenty of folk running old office software and the only feasible troubleshooting method is to update the software.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Things were looking up with the Road to 2.6 board created and some early tests... but now it seems Beamdog returned to their usual cave of silence :(
    MERLANCEMusaab
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thels wrote: »
    Things were looking up with the Road to 2.6 board created and some early tests... but now it seems Beamdog returned to their usual cave of silence :(

They are waiting for new hardware to arrive. Until, they are kinda stuck.
    SumSineRegnoProont
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    You guys should have sprung for the better shipping.
    HafirSilverstard2freakMokona
  • PierpoljackPierpoljack Member Posts: 23
    and the beamdog version ?
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    I assume this has been abandoned lol
This discussion has been closed.