Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    Well done @Corey_Russell !
    Corey_RussellCharlestonianTemplar
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Wise_Grimwald - if I need to drop reputation, my usual target is the peasant who "claims" to be a lich by Beregost Temple. He's by himself, so no risk of townspeople going hostile like what might happen with Ouiblek.
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Wise_Grimwald - if I need to drop reputation, my usual target is the peasant who "claims" to be a lich by Beregost Temple. He's by himself, so no risk of townspeople going hostile like what might happen with Ouiblek.

Since he claims to be a lich you can also kill him with no qualms of conscience. Of course since I'm playing a blackguard this time, he doesn't have those. >:)
    AerakarGate70
    Gate70 said...
    (edwin mode: and curse those vampiric wraiths preventing me from finding a missile quiver)

@Gate70 You do realize that you can use a protection from undead scroll if you really want the ammo belt? Just put on the protection and run in and out.
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited October 2020
    Gate70 said...
    (edwin mode: and curse those vampiric wraiths preventing me from finding a missile quiver)

@Gate70 You do realize that you can use a protection from undead scroll if you really want the ammo belt? Just put on the protection and run in and out.

Apparently not
    Gate70 wrote: »
    Wyrme has set off from Candlekeep once more.
    Some time later Wyrme returned with a scroll of protection from undead and the Watchers Keep ward. The wraiths inside quickly demonstrated they were not classified as undead and Sister Garlena collected another 500gp.

Edit: Although...

I tried just now with an earlier save and the wraith attacked once and then stopped. That may be due to me visiting earlier, and in the run I expect I took one hit and ran without hanging around to see if it continued. Another one to remember for the future, thanks.
    Mantis37Corey_RussellCharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Gate70 said...

Apparently not
    Wyrme has set off from Candlekeep once more.
    Some time later Wyrme returned with a scroll of protection from undead and the Watchers Keep ward. The wraiths inside quickly demonstrated they were not classified as undead and Sister Garlena collected another 500gp.

Edit: Although...

I tried just now with an earlier save and the wraith attacked once and then stopped. That may be due to me visiting earlier, and in the run I expect I took one hit and ran without hanging around to see if it continued. Another one to remember for the future, thanks.

You see the same thing happening in ToB if you use a PfU scroll before walking up to the Master Wraith - the undead there will start attacking immediately the conversation finishes before realizing that they're not supposed to be able to see you (I presume this is another of the things the game just checks for once a round).
    AerakarGate70CharlestonianTemplar
    edited October 2020
    @Corey_Russell Congrats on beating BG1.
    I take it that you're not fond of SoD?
    Gate70 said...

Where is this quiver. Presumably somewhere that I don't usually visit.

EDIT
    Ignore that. I've just realised that it is Watcher's Keep. There's quite a lot of useful stuff there even at the top.
    You don't have to fight everything to get it either.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    @Corey_Russell Congrats on beating BG1.
    I take it that you're not fond of SoD?
    Gate70 said...

Where is this quiver. Presumably somewhere that I don't usually visit.

EDIT
    Ignore that. I've just realised that it is Watcher's Keep. There's quite a lot of useful stuff there even at the top.
    You don't have to fight everything to get it either.

It's not that I'm unfond of SoD. Rather, I would need to go through it dozens of times before I can figure out how to successfully reload it. Although I am unfond of the fact that many encounters you need to use fireballs to be successful. Also, Grond0, who has done it many times, still routinely dies in SoD. What I need to do is a SoD WITH reloads, until I figure out what I need to do for all encounters. But just haven't done that yet.
    Wise_GrimwaldGrond0CharlestonianTemplar
  • Enuhal wrote: »
    Well done @Corey_Russell !

Ditto C_R!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Great write-ups everyone. Thanks for taking the time to detail your BG/BG2 goings on and keeping this board AAACCTIVE!!!
    Grond0Wise_Grimwald
    @CharlestonianTemplar As usual a great write-up. :)
    BlackravenAerakar