Skip to content

EE Keeper: changing class

Hello everyone,

I figured that I want to try a wizard instead of a mage,so i followed this guide to change class with Keeper (1.0.3.5):
  • Write down the amount of exp that you currently have, e.g. 250,000.
  • On the Abilities tab change your "Base HP" and "Current HP" to 1. Change THAC0 to 20. Change Experience to 0. Change Levels to 0/0/0.
  • On the Characteristic tab (next one after Abilities) change Class if necessary and then change your kit.
  • Go to the Memorization tab and erase all spells.
  • Go to the Wizard tab and erase all spells.
  • Go to the Priest tab and erase all spells.
  • Go to the Proficiencies tab and erase all proficiencies.
  • Go to the Thieves tab and set all thief skills to 0.
  • Save the game in Shadow Keeper.
  • Upon loading the altered save, you should level up from 0 to 1. Level up and press ok. This will give you all the stats and skills and hit points and what-have-you for your new kit.
  • Then give yourself back the exp you used to have. You can do that by pressing CTRL-Space and using the cheat code CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("250000")
  • Level up to the level that your current exp allows and continue the game as normal.
The game lets me load the edited safe file, but upon hitting the "level up" button the game freezes and crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'd appreciate any hints!

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    Do you mean a sorcerer? Don't use Shadow Keeper with the EE games, use EEKeeper instead. https://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/ Never mind, I see the EEKeeper version so that is fine. Those instructions should work, although I think you will be missing out on the initial spell selections this way.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2016
    What would be best was if you moved the savegame to multiplayer, load it up and make a new character mid-game (Drop your stuff first) Then make your Desired character and give the amount of exp. This way is the most problem free. Then put the savegame back to the original folder.
  • paparibapapariba Member Posts: 2
    mf2112 said:

Do you mean a sorcerer? Don't use Shadow Keeper with the EE games, use EEKeeper instead. https://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/ Never mind, I see the EEKeeper version so that is fine. Those instructions should work, although I think you will be missing out on the initial spell selections this way.

yes i did mean sorcerer. I always get confused about the terms mage, wizard and sorcerer :smiley:
    RelSundan said:

What would be best was if you moved the savegame to multiplayer, load it up and make a new character mid-game (Drop your stuff first) Then make your Desired character and give the amount of exp. This way is the most problem free. Then put the savegame back to the original folder.

thanks, i followed your instructions and it seems to work. hopefully it lets me level up and does not crash again!
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    It should not, Its like a brand new character. Glad it worked so far.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    EEkeeper can do alot of things without reseting the levels to 0.
    Do pay attention to the innate tab and the effects tab as well and remove previous kit then add current kit that you wanted. As for HP, you can simply alter in EEkeeper as well without changing the level to 0 etc.
  • MortainMortain Member Posts: 6
    Am I late to the party? Probably... but I think I found out why you get the freeze. The only thing you should change is instead of erasing all the entries in the memorization tab, just set them all to 0:
    • Write down the amount of exp that you currently have, e.g. 250,000.
    • On the Abilities tab change your "Base HP" and "Current HP" to 1. Change THAC0 to 20. Change Experience to 0. Change Levels to 0/0/0.
    • On the Characteristic tab (next one after Abilities) change Class if necessary and then change your kit.
    • Go to the Memorization tab and erase all spells set all spells memorization to 0.
    • Go to the Wizard tab and erase all spells.
    • Go to the Priest tab and erase all spells.
    • Go to the Proficiencies tab and erase all proficiencies.
    • Go to the Thieves tab and set all thief skills to 0.
    • Save the game in Shadow Keeper.
    • Upon loading the altered save, you should level up from 0 to 1. Level up and press ok. This will give you all the stats and skills and hit points and what-have-you for your new kit.
    • Then give yourself back the exp you used to have. You can do that by pressing CTRL-Space
    • Level up to the level that your current exp allows and continue the game as normal.
  • virus_foundvirus_found Member Posts: 6
    Many thanks for those, who created and replied in this very important thread.

Thing is, in nwn1 you could do these things easily and effortlessly inside the game, without manually erasing stats, spells etc, you didn't even need to recall how much hp you had on each level, if you intended just to decrease a level of a current charater.

I've made these simple instructions for just decreasing your level without changing class/kit. These are based on previous posts (with some "bonuses" added). Here they are:

eekeeper:
    base/current hp to 1
    thac0 to 20
    xp to 0
    lvl to 0/0/0
    saving throws to 0
    spells in memorization/wizard/priest tabs to 0
    thief skills to 0

in-game:
    enable debug mode
    load game and level up from 0 to 1
    disable debug mode (optional)
    cluaconsole: set a new xp value
    level up and don't mind hp for now

eekeeper:
    set base/current hp to what you had on that lvl (if you remember)