Skip to content

Client Version

I recently updated using a .. urgh Windows machine and GOG and got the .16 client, but when I copied all the relevant files to my desktop (Fedora) and ran it I have two issues, one it is not .16 it is an earlier version and two, no text in the menus... ideas? Did I miss something?

Comments

• ahuttonahutton Member Posts: 5
    Am I the only one left using the Linux client then?
  • meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 146
    I use the linux client all the time. I get it from beamdog as I don't like steam. I do have to preload a newer version of libm.so these days, which is a little unfortunate.
  • ahuttonahutton Member Posts: 5
    So, you can confirm you got the .16 version? Also can I get the binaries from Beamdog but use my own CDKEY?
    Permidion_Stark
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Not sure I understand your question but the latest stable and dev builds of NWN:EE have problems with Linux-- which we're working on.
  • meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 146
    Yes. "v81.8193.16 [ed828c00]".

@JuliusBorisov I'm interested in the problems you are talking about. Is that the libm.so thing or something else? The only problem I'm seeing is the toolset (under wine of course) has started hanging at times with this update. Most often when trying to save.

I _think_ that as long as you use an actual nwnee cdkey and not one from bioware you can do that. I switch between my steam and beamdog keys to test my PW login stuff.