Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

adding walk command

Hello. I'm trying to set up some kind of script to allow a command to force walk. Not all races can use search mode to slow down their speed and using shift click to walk is annoying. https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/script/madrabbits-player-chat-commands has a walk command but it still plays the running animation when moving at a reduced speed. Also, would it be possible to edit the way the commands work in that script so that instead of using something like /emo sit to sit i could just type /sit and it would perform the same function? thanks.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 861
    If you're talking about PCs moving under player control, I don't think you can force the walk animation.

For NPCs (and PCs following a cutscene script) the ActionMove# functions allow you to specify Walk or Run.

/sit is very possible, just edit the module chat event script.

JFK
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 213
    If you're trying to walk your PC around, I think it now defaults to walk instead of run in Development. It's switchable too, I think (set it to Click+SHIFT to walk, or Click+SHIFT to run). Since I use WASD in Drive mode to move my PC around, I've always mapped the keys so W is walk forward, and S is run forward. Z is run backward, by the way.